Two

We're the Hirai, yoroshiku!

The sound of violin plays in the background, followed by the sound of drum, filling the dim room with dramatic music. (just listen to Day6 - Not Mine, no need to imagine hard ehe)

The spotlight switches on as the first verse of the song starts, illuminating a stone altar with rose shrubs decorating the edges. A woman is lying on top, donning a white velvety gown. Her skin is white, as pale as a doll. Her shoulder-length hair is silky black, resembling a raven's fur. Her lips are red, such is a ripe apple, also the cause of her current state.

She is sleeping in an endless dream, with no cure to be awake. Alas, a curse of a pure damsel full of naivety, a common illness of a fairy-tale.

Unless, she is met with a first love's kiss.

Another spotlight shines on an incoming presence, clad in a heroic attire of a prince, only to be a female – a samurai, with a katana on her waist. Long brown hair neatly drawn back, with stars decorating the soft complexion of sharp features.

Despite being asleep, she can hear the creaking of the door being opened, followed by a pair of legs straddling her waist, a weight landing over her torso. She visibly gulps, wondering why this dream feels so real yet so far away from reality.

"It's time, Momoring." The hero whispered in her ear, "Wake up."

As the saviour leans in, the red lips of the sleeping woman pucker slowly, expecting the long-awaited kiss of her princess charming…

Only to have her face smacked with a pillow.

 

"HMMPHH!"

 

Momo groans as she pushes the pillow away, the cheeky face of Minju welcomes her.

"You're finally awake!"

"Geez, you're heavy…" She grumbles, moving the girl away from straddling her body. Grabbing her phone, she checks the time, only to drop her head back on the pillow with a loud groan.

"Get up! Minari said it’s time to wake up!"

"Fine, fine… I'm up!"

Minju grins in satisfaction before running out of the room, zooming down the wooden stairs with loud thud in every step, making the other occupants notified of her incoming presence.

"Minju, what did I say about stairs?" Tzuyu raises an eyebrow at the kid taking a seat beside her. She merely scratched her chubby cheek with a finger, head tilted.

"Always run with light footsteps?"

"That’s right! You need to work on that, buddy. Or else, how are you going to protect us from bad guys?" 

“Right, I’ll try my best!” They both shared a fistbump, earning a displeased sigh from Sana.

"Tzuyu, stop teaching her weird things."

"I'm not. It's basic self-defence," She stated nonchalantly, turning to Minju with a smile. "Right, Minju?"

"Right!"

Sana rubs her forehead in exasperation while Mina watches their interactions amusedly. It's odd to see the usually distant and impassive bodyguard of hers be this good in handling a kid. But that's what they agreed on three years before; to start a new, normal life and leave behind their past days as a Myoui.

It feels foreign now to say that name, but it still stuck with her in some ways. Who is Mina kidding though; she still has the Myoui blood running through her veins. 

She didn't realize she was brooding too deep in her thoughts when a finger suddenly pokes her cheek, snapping her out from the sudden trance.

"No frowning in the morning."

A smile appears from the pouting face of Momo, so she leans closer to peck her lover a good morning… only to hear a high-pitched alarmed squeak from Sana. Tzuyu is quick to cover Minju's eyes, her face slightly contorted in disgust.

"Excuse me, there's a kid on board!"

Momo rolled her eyes from Sana's outburst, but she still puckers her lips for the usual morning kiss. However, instead of Mina’s lips, she was met with the cold surface of her favourite Minion mug.

The ninja pouts. “No kith..?”

Mina raises an eyebrow, purposely side-glancing to the counter to gesture to the little girl gaping at both of them with wide, glittering eyes and hands under her chin. Momo almost groans, she’s regretting her decision of accepting the new fake family to accommodate their house, but a warning from Mina makes her mum.

“Behave.” 

Momo huffs softly, despite the apparent frown on her face. “Yes, kumicho.”

Her face quickly brightens when Mina steals a kiss on her cheek before placing a freshly toasted waffle on Minju’s plate. The small girl smiles widely, chirping a quick thank you as she munches on her breakfast.

"You guys came back quite late last night. How was it?"

Momo asked while filling up her mug with coffee. She glances over her shoulder at the pair sitting opposite the counter, taking note of the look they exchanged.

"They didn't appear." Tzuyu started, "We waited till midnight, just for naught."

"Minju was dozing off too, so we decided to talk with them another time."

"Well, that is weird." Momo adds in, observing the grim face of the taller woman. The latter seems to have something in her mind, and Momo doesn't want the morning mood in the cafe to sink. "So what's your plan today, Chou?"

"Why?"

"Want to go have a look around? We can ride my pink baby, if you want."

Tzuyu rubs her nape from Momo's wiggling eyebrows. The invitation seems tempting, if it wasn't for the aching muscle on her shoulder to reappear again. "I don't know… I do want to catch on some sleep-"

"Oh, no you're not." Sana wags her index finger with a smug, "We still haven't unpack our things yet and my wardrobe is screaming to be let out of the confinement and I'm really in dire need of new clothes. So you will help me with the bags, okay?"

Tzuyu blinks a few times, remembering the handful of luggage she had to carry from Japan, which was the reason her neck is sore today. Just the thought of Sana's whole wardrobe she lugged across the country makes her shudder in desperation. She quickly spins to Momo with a forced smile.

"Uh, what's that about riding a pink baby? I'm suddenly curious about it." 

She drapes a hand over Momo's neck, dragging the excited ninja to the door, blatantly ignoring the bewildered Sana watching their retreating backs.

"Wait, what are you-"

"Ohh you have to see my pink baby! She's a precious one! Come on, I'll show you where it-"

"Yah, omaera! Don't ignore me!"


 

SLAM!


 

And the cafe door slammed shut, successfully shutting off Tzuyu and Momo from listening to Sana’s whining. The latter, however, had gaping in disbelief at the retreating duo.

"Did they just ditch us?"

"More like Tzuyu ditched you." Mina murmured to herself, which didn't go unnoticed by the frowning Sana. "Don’t worry, I’ll help you. There are not many customers around after all."

Sana's frown deepens at that. "Why does that sound like a bad thing?"

"Oh, it's not really!" The owner quickly shakes her hands to dismiss Sana's claim. "It's quite normal around here - it is a small neighborhood. I'm already used to the slow pace of this town, too. No stress, no worries... you know?"

Mina gave a shrug, one that did nothing to convince Sana of her suspicions regarding the couple's financial status. But she will let it slide today; she's going to stay here for a long time anyway. She has a few tricks to get her boss to open up soon.

"Sounds like a peaceful life. Just exactly what we need, isn’t it?" Sana shots a smile, trying to lift up the mood. "Well, we can catch up over folding my clothes. Besides, little Minju loves doing house chores too." She pats the girl's head to get her attention. "Isn't that right, Minju?

The nine years old looks up from chewing on her waffle, staring blankly at her guardian's twinkling eyes. Rather than answering, she audibly swallows, before turning to Mina with her empty plate raised.

"Can I have more waffles?"

Mina silently laughs as she takes the offered plate, not before leaning over the counter, whispering close to Sana currently wearing a betrayed look with a hand on her chest.

"Tzuyu really taught her well."

She snorts from Sana's loud groan.

 

*

 

The pair of ninja and bodyguard roams along the street, the soft wind gently blowing through their hair with the morning sun peeking from the towering trees. There are a few people walking along the pavement as Momo slithers her way around them while Tzuyu is quick to duck her head from meeting their stares.

No, it's not because of her paranoia of the surroundings, but of the pink baby they're riding.

They came to a stop at a sideroad stall and Tzuyu exhaled in relief once her feet touched the ground. She makes quite a distance from the bicycle with her long legs, warily eyeing the abomination that is Momo’s flashing pink bicycle.

"Cat got your tongue?" 

“Eh?”

Momo flicked a thumb over to her bike with a proud grin, “She’s a spectacle, ain’t she?”

No , sherlock was on the tip of Tzuyu’s tongue but she managed to bite back the words because apparently her bluntness can be overbearing at times (as stated by Sana who always got butthurt by Tzuyu’s harsh comments) because let’s be honest, the sight of Momo’s hellishly bright pink bicycle with rainbow tassels on the handlebars and a long pole of safety flag attached on the back seat are too much of an eyesore for Tzuyu.

“It’s... definitely for adults, right?”

“Don’t know, bought it from a thrift store.” Momo shrugs as she steps under the stall’s low canopy. “Caught my eyes the second I saw her, and the rest is history.”

Tzuyu nods along as she follows Momo inside the small stall, the smell of chicken broth and fried dumplings ading her nostrils; her empty stomach rumbles immediately.

"We’re eating here?”

“I haven’t had breakfast yet - thanks to your escape from Sana.” Momo pats the vacant stool beside her, “Gotta fuel up first before we can start our tour around the place.” 

Tzuyu gladly takes the spot, muttering a small gratitude as she looks at the menu. “So this is part of the tour, then?”

Momo takes in the innocent-looking grin that had never appeared on the usually stoic bodyguard with a sense of caution; guarded and weirded out. "That smile means trouble."

The smile instantly drops into a frown and deepens into a pout which is rather uncanny to see coming from the serious bodyguard she recognized, “I don’t have money to pay for the food since, you know, we ran away from Sana...”

“Ahh, you scared me!” Momo snorted out a laugh as she shook her head. “It’s on me, Chou. Just don’t tell Sana about it or she’s gonna stop giving you pocket money.”

“Well, that’s the thing. I know she’s fine with lending me some money she saved back in Japan, but I do feel bad for it.”

Momo stated their choice of ramen to the ahjumma waiting for their order before pouring complementary tea into each of their cups -  a special treatment for a regular like Momo, the ahjumma said. She takes a sip of the hot beverage with a pleasant sigh, watching from the corner of her eyes as the bodyguard mirrored her action albeit more composed.

She had heard of their situation once from Mina when they needed to borrow some cash when Minju was admitted to the hospital for food poisoning. Sana was already working two jobs as a house caretaker while Tzuyu was helping out in the neighborhood farm, but their wages combined were barely enough to support the family of three. 

The ninja understood their struggles; Mina and her had been in their shoes too when they went on hiding from the traitorous clan members.

“You can try the dojo place.” Momo blurted out as she remembered the spot they’re going to visit first for the neighborhood tour.

"Dojo place?"

"Yeah, I work there. We do martial arts classes for kids - they are flexible with the time and the pay is good too." 

"What about..."

"Mina?" Momo steals a look to her side, catching the stiff nod of the tall woman. "Mehh, she's fine with it. As long as I'm not being too obvious."

She watches as Tzuyu’s eyebrows furrow together in deep interest. The ninja doesn’t mind their company, it’s been a while since she had an interaction with people without having to pretend to be someone she’s not. It feels like home again, having these comrades who had her back when the entire Myoui family decided to betray the young master.

Momo wanted Tzuyu to feel the same too, and there’s no better way than to be at the dojo where they can express themselves through fists instead of a masked facade. 

On the other hand, Tzuyu felt like she was presented with a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

The family are planning to stay with the Hirai, but that doesn’t mean they are about to leech off the couple. They are people of integrity and pride; working with the Myoui clan has taught Tzuyu and Sana to always carry those sentiments no matter who or where they are. Sana had proposed to Mina that she will help with the cafe, which the latter agreed in a heartbeat, but that’s still not enough to cater to their small family of three. 

"Are they still accepting tutors?"

“I suppose we can try…?”

“Then, you gotta help me get a spot in the dojo or you’re gonna have to buy me an extra bowl each time we’re eating out.”

Momo feigns a gasp, “Is that a threat, Miss Chou?”

“Oh, just imagine Mina’s wrath once she knows about you being a regular here instead of her cafe-”

TEMEE–! DON'T YOU DARE TELL HER, CHOU TZU!”

The corner of Tzuyu’s lips lifted in a mocking victory from Momo’s agitated state. “Looks like you’re stuck with me as your eat-out buddy for now.”

“Since when you’re such a sleaze?” Momo grumbles before flashing a grateful smile to the ahjumma handing out two bowls of freshly-prepared ramen over their table.

“Trying to adapt with Sana and her foxy method has its perks - this being one of them.”

The chopsticks snapped into two as Momo whipped her head to the bodyguard, clearly amused with the careless blunder of the latter. “Ohoho! Should I be alarmed with how easy Sana’s habit is rubbing off on you?”

Kutabare... I hope you choke on a noodle.” Tzuyu muttered over her steaming bowl, earning a delighted cackle from the ninja.

 

*

 

Mina turns over the CLOSE sign on the door after making sure no one is coming. It's still early for lunch hour and the few loyal regulars wouldn't be here until evening. The cafe mainly acts as an escape for white collar workers and students to let off some steam while enjoying the serene ambience of the interior with a sip of aromatic coffee or calming tea to go with, all packed in a cup.

JustInCup, a fitting name for the cafe which perfectly serves its purpose.

She approaches Minju by the sink on the counter. The kid is washing plates and cups they used for breakfast as the tip of her tongue poked out in sheer concentration. 

"Minju," Mina pats the girl's head to get her attention, "I know you don't want to join Sa-chan and I upstairs so be a sweetheart and holler for me if there's any customers outside."

Her eyes immediately twinkled from knowing she is excused from folding the hill of clothes in their shared room. "You mean, I can guard the cafe for you?"

"Think you're up for it?" Mina raised an eyebrow with a playful smirk, which earned an excited hop from the girl.

"Of course! You can count on me, kumicho!"

"K-Kumicho…?" 

Who the hell taught her that? Mina is visibly taken aback but the girl innocently slaps her open palm for a high five before running off to the front door to stay on guard. The owner merely shakes her head from Minju's antics before making a beeline to the master bedroom upstairs. 

Mina was surprised to see how Tzuyu and Minju avoided Sana’s request (or more like demand) to help the latter with her clothes. Of course she saw the three big luggage and extra bags Tzuyu hauled yesterday but it’s normal to pack all those stuff when you’re planning to stay in another country for an indefinite time. Besides, there’s nothing difficult about folding some clothes… right?

When Mina peeks inside, however, she isn't greeted with some clothes, but rather huge heaps of clothes and shirts strewn all over the place while Sana's brown head pokes out from the opened wardrobe.

"Tzuyu wasn't kidding about the "whole room" thing…" Mina muttered under her breath with a grim look as she tread inside with careful steps.

"Oh, Mina! Right on time - could you help throw that maid suit over here?"

"What do you even need this for?" She picks the frilly dress from the luggage with a confused look, "You're not even working as a maid anymore."

"You don't get to judge my weird obsession when you literally disguised a katana as an umbrella."

Mina blinks a few times, "T-that was–"

"A decoy?"

"For emergency purposes!"

"Exactly why I brought my maid dress - for emergency purposes!" Sana happily reasoned back as a defeated Mina sighed before taking a seat on the empty spot on the bed. "Where's Minju?"

"I asked her to look out for customers."

Sana immediately gasped, “Please tell me she’s not pretending to be a bodyguard by the door?”

“She actually is.”

“Oh god, not again…”

“There’s nothing wrong with her standing guard for the cafe, right?”

"Not really, but she's been too caught up in making Tzuyu as her role model." She sighed weakly, taking a spot beside Mina. "It's going to be hard to part ways once she gets too attached."

"I think Minju will understand when the time comes. She's rather smart for a kid her age."

"Minju?" Sana shot Mina an incredulous look, "I'm not worried about her. It's Tzuyu I'm talking about!"

"Oh." Mina lifted an eyebrow, "That is… unexpected."

"Tell me about it. I had to bribe Tzuyu with a visit to the dog shelter just to get her onboard again with this plan."

It never occurred to Mina that Tzuyu would be the one having problem letting go of Minju when the bodyguard is known to be the most emotionally withdrawn out of all of them. Even Mina had been called cold-hearted by Momo before, but she still pretty much wears her heart on her sleeve. 

It was Tzuyu who wanted to find Minju's relatives in the first place, wishing the girl would lead a happier life by having a real family, not a fake one for the past three years of running and hiding from bad people.

Mina feels responsible in a way, because Minju was only a victim of circumstances; a victim of the Myoui clan's messy endeavours. 

A part of her wants Minju to be in safer hands, but another part is telling her that the kid would be better off with them. Sana and Tzuyu already did a good job taking care of Minju in Japan, to the extent that Mina was also getting envious of seeing the small family faring well despite the challenges they faced.

"Any updates with Minju's relatives?"

"Nada. I think we got scammed by the agency. We're gonna have to look for a new investigator, it seems."

"Momo and I will ask around if you want, we know an officer who lives nearby." 

"That would be really helpful, considering Tzuyu and I are still new here."

Mina shots her an encouraging smile as she passes a stack of folded clothes to the owner. Then, a thought appeared in her head.

"Sana."

"Mm?"

"Why did Minju call me "kumicho"?"

Sana is clearly taken aback, her face pale as she rubs her nape anxiously from Mina's questioning glare gaze. "Ehehehe..."

 

*

 

Tzuyu studies the dojo with an interested look as Momo guides her to see the place. Her eyes twinkle in amazement as they visit the ongoing classes, seeing the small children enthusiastically following the tutors made a new fire to lit in her soul.

"They're good."

"Yeah, they are all talented and nice people – well, except for him." 

They paused in front of a small hut where a man can be seen towering over a high school kid, demanding for a lighter with a cigarette in between his lips.

"P-Please, I don't smoke!"

"Tch! Stop lying and give me the lighter!"

"But I'm not–"

"Yah! You dare talk back to me?"

He raised his hand to punch the poor kid, Momo getting ready to intervene as she took a step forward… only for her to halt when a pebble was thrown straight at the tutor's eye.

"Ow, the …! W-Who did that?"

"Sorry, my hand must have slipped." Tzuyu apologized, despite not looking apologetic at all from Momo's point of view.

"Who the are–" But his words were cut short when Momo showed herself (since she was blocked by the giant yoda), her hardening glare caused the tutor to cower backwards.

"Aish, just off!"

He pushed the kid away, leaving the dojo while muttering some curses.

"How come an like him gets to work here?"

"Trust me, that's the question I've been asking since I worked here." She left a few pats on Tzuyu's shoulder. "Sometimes, it's better to leave things as it is or you'll only get caught up in a mess."

"And here I thought working with the Myoui was hard enough, just by listening to you spouting life philosophy feels like a whole new torture."

"Yah! You wanna die?!"

"Hirai? Who are you about to kill?"

A man looking like he's in his forties appeared from the trimmed bushes, donning a straw hat and a garden shear in his hand.

"Oh, Mister Im! I didn't see you there!"

"Is that so? That means my hiding technique is working, eh?" He laughed while playfully nudging Momo by the waist, the ninja awkwardly smiling back. "I see you bring a guest today."

"This is Tzuyu, a friend from Japan. She's really interested in your dojo, so I brought her for a short tour."

"I see." He turns to Tzuyu, doing a quick lookover of the tall woman before reaching out a hand. "I am Mister Im, the owner of this dojo. It's really nice to see someone not only with a pretty face, but with outstanding skills in shooting as well."

The tall woman warily eyed Mister Im as he grasps her hand in a firm handshake, as if doing it on purpose. Tzuyu steals a glance at Momo, the latter responding with a small shrug.

"I was talking about the way you threw the pebble earlier. That really hits the bull's eye!" He lets out another one of his dad's laughs, the other two joining in with their own set of fake giggles.  

"Well, you better be on your way to meet the dojo's coordinator. There's no vacancy for a new tutor here, but I know you'll find your way. Until we meet again."

The man leaves with his hand waving in the air, earning confused looks from the ninja and the bodyguard.

"How did he know I was planning to be a tutor here?"

"Beats me. He's an eccentric one, that Mister Im. You should think twice if you want to mess with him."

Tzuyu thinks she might want to mess with him some day, just to see what's the deal with the strange owner of the dojo because honestly, she has taken an instant liking with the vibe of the place.

"I want to work here." She announced once they met with the dojo’s coordinator, only to have her wish blatantly rejected.

"I'm sorry, but we're full of staff here and the schedule is already packed. We're not planning to start a new class at the moment."

Boohoo, there goes her chance to kick some puny while pretending it to be a self-defence lesson. Tzuyu's face is stoic, but Momo knows she's dejected by the slight frown. 

"Come on, Chou Tzu! Cheer up, will ya?" She wraps an arm over Tzuyu's neck, her toes tipping to reach the giant's height. "There's still plenty of places we haven't seen yet – they might be offering jobs that are suitable for you."

"Or we could just break the leg of that one tutor you hate."

"Eh?"

Tzuyu's face doesn't break into a smile, and Momo starts to break a sweat.

"Y-You're not serious, are you?" 

She faked a laugh, but received no reaction whatsoever from the bodyguard. Instead, she was tugged forward by Tzuyu's long arm towards the front gate.

"Kaja, let's break some bones."

"E-Ehh???"

It didn't take long for them to tail after the smoking tutor, thanks to Momo's pink bicycle. They followed him to a rather secluded side of a park, and things went exactly as they wanted.

“OOF – OW! S-STOP – ARGHHH! THE YOU WANT – ACKK PLEASE DON'T!”

The man was punched on the face, kicked on the shin, uppercut by his chin, smacked on the head with a helmet… except it wasn’t pink in color and didn't belong to the pink bicycle and it wasn’t Momo and Tzuyu who did it.

They peek out from behind a tree, watching three thugs kicking the man’s like he deserves. Well, maybe it was a little too much than Tzuyu’s idea of breaking his leg because it looks like they’re breaking everything that’s breakable on his body.

“Should we step in?”

Momo lets out a horrified gasp, “And what - expose ourselves? Chou Tzu, you want to be killed by Mina?!”

“If my death is on the hand of Myoui-sama, then it would be an honour.” She stated that with no remorse - even more determined, Momo would say because when Chou Tzuyu is in the zone, she is unstoppable. 

“I’m going.”

“Aigoo what have I got myself into – Yah, Chou Tzu!”

Tzuyu doesn’t really like dirtying her hands, but since Sana had confiscated her set of BB gun and pepper spray grenade, she had to resort to violence close combat. With a bored look, Tzuyu taps the thug’s shoulder. “Huh?! What do you want?”

“Sorry for interrupting but he’s mine.”

The thug shot her a look of disbelief, taking in the tall stature of a pretty face with that unfazed look. He scoffed, spitting out right before her feet. “Who the hell do you think you are?”

“Me?” The corner of her lips curled up, a finger pointed to the crying writhing tutor on the ground. “The one who should be breaking his leg.”

“Tch, don't make me laugh. Get lost before I wreck your doll face!” 

The thug smirks as he turns around to leave, causing a nerve to bulge out on Tzuyu’s forehead. Oh, what a move. Letting out a sigh, she follows the guy, and kicks the back of his knee.

“Arghh! The hell–?!“ He hissed in pain after falling on his knees, catching the attention of his friends. 

The others soon began circling Tzuyu, but the latter didn't flinch at all, merely cracking her knuckles with a fiery glint in her eyes. It’s been three damn years since she stopped fighting, this will be a feast for her fighting demon.

“You’re gonna regret this, !”

“Try me.”

The thugs begin charging to her direction with their hands ready for a punch. Tzuyu gets her stance ready to counterattack, an eerie smile on her face. But then another scream appears from her back that sounds amazingly similar to Momo’s.

“KYAAAAAHHHHHH SOMEONE HELP THEY’RE ATTACKING US KYAAHH!!!”

Tzuyu raised an eyebrow as her fist halted on air, obviously stunned by the ninja’s outburst who suddenly appeared by her side, behaving like a scaredy cat. However, the thugs are not having any of it as they continue forward, one of them already directing his punch on Momo. 

Widening her eyes for dramatic effect, Momo swiftly evades his fist and with a sneaky hand, pushes him forward, causing the punch to land on one of his comrade’s jaws instead. They both wince in pain, one from getting hit while the other rubs his sore knuckles.

Momo feigns a scared expression, hands on her chest. “Omo, that’s dangerous!”

The last guy charges towards the unbothered Tzuyu, but Momo is faster. She holds out one foot when the thug gets closer, making him trip on his feet. Tzuyu takes the chance to side-step, landing a strong kick on his bum as he crashes against a tree.

All of them groan in pain, rolling on the ground like the pathetic men they are as Tzuyu towers over them, unperturbed. 

“Phew, that was scary.” Momo lays her arm on Tzuyu’s shoulder, only to see an almost visible pout on the latter’s face. “Y-You’re pouting. Wait, w-why are you pouting?!”

“It’s your fault.” It was almost a whisper, but the ninja heard it nonetheless. 

“E-Eh? What did I do?!”

Suddenly, a wee woo wee woo sound of a female voice appeared in the distance. Momo’s eyes squint to make out a running figure of a woman in a police attire, before her small eyes enlarged as big as saucers.

“Oh no, not her.”

"WEE WOO WEE WOO THIS IS OFFICER YOO AND YOU ARE ALL UNDER ARREST WEE WOO WEE-”

", we're doomed.” 

“Why? Isn’t it good that the police are here?”

“Just run, Chou! Run!" 

Momo grabs the still unbothered Tzuyu away from the scene and hop over her pink baby, quickly pedaling away to escape the police woman still yelling out the wee woo wee woo sound.

 

*

 

It feels like ages when they’ve finished sorting out Sana’s clothes into the wardrobe (it almost explodes, but it’s not Mina’s issue to worry about). Now, they are sitting together on the counter, Minju enjoying the cookies Momo made while the grownups are sipping tea and discussing Sana's task as the cafe’s newest assistant.

“You don’t have to worry about a thing, Mina. I have the “maid blood” running in my veins, it’s natural for me to do these things.”

“That’s what I’m worried about.” She whispered to herself, which didn’t go unnoticed by Sana.

“Why? Is there something you’re hiding here that I shouldn’t know of?”

Mina almost choked on her tea, but managed to compose herself when Sana flashed her an innocent smile. Yes, she did disguise a katana as an umbrella, but that's not the only thing being camouflaged from human's eyes in the house. In the middle of finding an excuse, she heard the arrival of Momo’s pink baby by the front door.

“You’re back!” Sana greets them as the two walk in, only to be weirded out by the blanched faces and heavy panting of the newcomers. 

“Why does it look like you were chased around by a ghost?”

“It was worse.” Momo squeaked, only to have Tzuyu’s palm covering . They exchanged glances, before nodding at each other. “There was a crazy dog by the corner - we’d better close the cafe early, no one’s gonna come anyway.”

Mina furrows her eyebrows together, “Dog? I’ve never encountered a stray dog in this area.”

“I-It might be a lost dog, who knows, hehe.” Momo tried to reason, only to receive a warning glare from her girlfriend. However, her eyes soon begin to shine at the sight of food on Minju’s forgotten plate, her feet automatically bring her closer. “Oh! Are those my cookies?”

Mina shakes her head, a small smile curling up from Momo's short span of attention when food is present. Meanwhile, Minju darts to Tzuyu with a tight hug, as if she hadn’t met the tall guardian for days. “Chewyyy I miss you!”

“Already? I barely left for a day.”

“I know, but it’s boring without you here.”

Tzuyu pats the pouting little girl clutching her long legs with a fond smile before leaning down to her height. “Make sure your Sa-chan didn’t hear you say that.”

“Too late.” 

They both jumped on the spot, surprised by the low growl emitted from Sana. She raises a hand, and Tzuyu closes her eyes in reflex, afraid if she’s getting a smack from her partner, only to feel something soft patting her forehead.

“You look like a haggard.” Sana comments as she wipes the remains of sweat off Tzuyu’s face, the close proximity causing the tall woman to audibly gulp. She stares into Sana’s glittering brown eyes as the latter fixes her hair, before stepping back with a satisfied smile.

“There. Now, you look like my Chewy.” 

Tzuyu is clearly taken aback - if she had a mirror right now, she would see how embarrassing it is to have her cheeks blushing red in front of her crush. Maybe she would perform harakiri right then and there; thankfully she’s not a japanese.

Instead, she frowns. “So you’re not gonna claim me if I look ugly?”

“It depends,” Sana nonchalantly answered before leaning her face closer, an amused grin on her face. “Whether you’re a good girl or not.”

“W-What’s that supposed to mean?” Tzuyu blinks a few times, obviously flustered because Sana did not just ignore her, she even gives her that annoying soft giggle that always gets on her nerves, and her heart.

Suddenly, Minju tugs on her shirt, asking for Tzuyu’s attention. “Chewy, quick! Make a pose!”

“Huh? Why?” 

“Someone is taking our picture!” Minju points outside the glass window and just when Tzuyu turns to the direction, a flash catches her eyes from across the road.

“Stay here.” 

She instructs Sana and Minju before rushing outside, carefully scanning the surroundings for the source of the flash. Unfortunately, she didn’t find anyone suspicious, just a pair of old couples and a few kids joking around. 

“Everything’s alright, Tzu?”

Momo appears beside her with a worried look, but she only shakes her head with a small smile. “It’s nothing - probably just imagining it."

"You sure?"

"Yeah... Let’s just get back inside.”

Momo feels like something is bugging the bodyguard, but she merely shrugs as she returns inside while Tzuyu gives another look around, unable to shake off the uneasiness she felt when she saw the flash earlier.








 

 

In an alley, a girl wearing a floral hoodie leans on a Kawasaki superbike while chewing on a gum. She takes off the cover on her head, exposing bright yellow hair tied in a short ponytail. She flips her obstructing bangs aside as she checks the pictures in her camera, a sly smile showing a pair of cute fangs appearing on her face.

Slotting the camera back inside its bag, she wears the green helmet and hops on the bike. The engine roars to life and she steers the vintage moped out of its hiding place beside the Kawasaki, at the same time receiving the expected call on her phone.

“Yeah, bro? It looks like the same person, alright.” She chuckled, dimples apparent. “I think I found her.”