Null pt 2 5-6-2020

taengsic null 5-6-2020
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jessica avoids Taeyeon the whole week. She's still pretty upset about Taeyeon assuming she had a type. The girl talked like Jessica had no interest in her. How can she be like that after the night they spent together?


"Sica."


"What?" Jessica responds as she looks at the clouds above through her sunglasses. 


"Taeyeon's coming this way."


"I'm napping, buzz off."


Hyoyeon and Yuri share a glance.

-

Taeyeon walks up to Jessica's group. She's about to talk when Yuri beats her to the punch.


"Sorry shortie, but Sica's asleep. You don't want to wake her up either."


Jessica hears Taeyeon sigh.


"Can you tell her I just want to talk? I want to apologize for what I said the other day." 


"We"ll tell her. Don't worry, cous'."


Jessica is going to talk with Hyoyeon later.


"Cous'? Are you two cousins?"


"Yeah, but don't tell Sica. She'll probably kill us." 


Oh, I most certainly will, Jessica thinks.

-

Taeyeon bends down and pulls something out of her pocket. She places it beside Jessica then pecks the girl's cheek. She gets up and says bye to Yuri and Hyoyeon.


"I don't know if Sica's actually-" 


Jessica gets up and punches Hyoyeon on the arm. 


"Ow!" 


Jessica looks at the thing beside her. "That's for not telling me about Taeyeon." She opens the small box. Her heart picks up. It's a paper heart. The top of the box says unfold it, but Jessica doesn't. She gets up and walks to one of her hiding spots.





 


Jessica sits on the roof, her back against the fence. She opens the box again. The paper heart appears in her eyesight. It's purple. She's seen these before in middle school. Someone would place them in her locker with sweets before White Day. She opens the paper and reads the message written on it. 



To my Sooyeonie~


I'm sorry about the other day. It was dumb and out of line. I didn't mean to offend you. I just...I felt jealous even though I shouldn't have been. I'm really sorry, Sooyeon-ah. I won't bother you anymore, but I will wait for you if you want to talk to me. This isn't much, but I made you something. It should be in the box this note was in. I may have asked Hyoyeon for a little help. I hope you like it. I'm sorry again, Sooyeonie.


- Your Taengoo



Jessica looks at the box. She takes some tissue paper out of the small box. She gasps when she sees what's inside it. 


The box is filled with paper flowers, colored like daisies. There's a wrapped bag in the paper flowers. Jessica pulls the bag out to find it's cookies, vanilla flavored cookies.


Oh , Jessica's eyes widen. This tastes amazing.


Jessica reread the box as she munches on a cookie. She had Hyo's help, huh? 


The blonde wonders just how much Hyoyeon helped Taeyeon. Though, she pushes that thought to the back of her mind when someone steps onto the rooftop. Luck seems to be on her side because the girl she's thinking about is at the rooftop door.


"Hey," Jessica smiles at the girl. It makes Taeyeon blush.


"H-Hey..." Taeyeon stutters. She clears her throat weakly.


"You want to come sit?" Jessica asks.


Taeyeon closes the rooftop door and walks over to Jessica. She sits beside the girl, blushing when she realizes Jessica opened her present. She wonders if Jessica like it. If she liked the cookies.


"Thank you for this, Taengoo." Jessica says after a moment of silence. She noticed the way Taeyeon was anxiously observing her. "How'd you know vanilla is my favorite?"


"I uh...you used to eat vanilla cookies in middle school. Hyo told me that you haven't had this type of cookies in a long time, so I tried to make them."


Jessica smiles softly at the box in her lap. "Well, your try was successful. These taste better than the ones I've had before."


"Really?" Taeyeon smiles and leans over to Jessica. Jessica nods as she's munching on a piece of a cookie.


Taeyeon's smile makes Jessica's heart do flips. She holds the broken part of a cookie up to Taeyeon's chin, silently offering it to the girl.


Taeyeon blushes again as she parts her lips and takes the cookie. She shivers when her lips accidentally touch Jessica's fingers. She and Jessica both pull away from each other, embarrassed and a bit aroused. Taeyeon sits beside Jessica in silent. They both chew on the tasty cookies. Taeyeon looks down at her lap, her eyes catching sight of Jessica playing with the paper daisies she made.


"I didn't you could make origami," Jessica breaks the silence. "You're really good at this." She means how Taeyeon never fails to impress her. "Were you the one who left me those hearts in middle school?"


"Y-Yeah..." Taeyeon admits.


"Why the daisies?" Jessica asks.


"I like daisies," Taeyeon says softly.


"How come?" Jessica asks, interested in whatever Taeyeon says.


"My grandmother used to grow daisies in her garden. I used to help her pick them and we'd give them out to her neighbors and strangers. While we waited for them to grow, she'd teach me how to make me sweets and desserts. When we waited for the desserts, she'd teach me how to make stuff out of paper."


"That's really sweet," Jessica says as she scoots to face Taeyeon.


"I still help her from time to time, but I don't get to see her much now," Taeyeon says. Jessica breaks half of a cookie and gives it to her. "I um...I actually went to see her, so she can help me."


"Did you get to plant daisies?" Jessica asks.


Taeyeon shakes her head, "Not yet, but I'm going this weekend. They'll bloom next year around this time."


"I bet they'll grow beautifully once you plant them."


"Do you want to grow them with me?" Taeyeon suddenly looks at Jessica. 


Jessica finds Taeyeon cute with how she looks at her. "I'd love to."


Taeyeon smiles. She and Jessica make plans for early Saturday since they'll be driving to Jeonju. The town is an hour or so away. 


The two girls get lost in such a nice conversation that they're disappointed when the school bell rings. The two get up with Jessica helping Taeyeon up.


"We should go to class," Jessica dusts her pants off. 


Taeyeon nods. She feels her heart pick up its pace when Jessica suggests something.


"Can I walk you to class?" Jessica asks.


Taeyeon nods with a smile, "Only if we can hold hands."


Jessica hums and reaches out for Taeyeon's hand, waiting for the girl to hold hers. Taeyeon takes her hand and clasps them together. She says something that makes Jessica blush.


"They fit together perfectly," Taeyeon looks up from their hands to Jessica.


"Come on. We'll be late if we don't hurry," Jessica leads them to door and opens it for Taeyeon. She lets Taeyeon go first. The brunette takes the lead. 


The two get looks from everyone as Taeyeon leads the way to her class. Jessica sticks to Taeyeon closely.


"You know, I'm really glad right now." Taeyeon whispers to Jessica.


"How come?" Jessica asks.


"Because usually people annoy the hell out of me and I was worried they'd do that while I was with you, but it's the opposite."


Jessica does notice that the usual crowd isn't surrounding Taeyeon.


"That's what happens when you walk with a delinquent."


Taeyeon frowns, "You're not a delinquent, Sooyeon-ah." 


Jessica likes the way Taeyeon says her name. She says nothing until she and Taeyeon make it to the latter's class.


"You're really sweet, Taeyeon." Jessica leans in and pecks Taeyeon's cheek. "Thank you, for the gift and the rooftop."


Taeyeon pouts when Jessica pulls away from her. She doesn't let go of Jessica's hand.


"I'll see you Saturday, okay?" Jessica squeezes Taeyeon's hand gently. "Taeyeon."


Taeyeon squeezes Jessica's hand back. "I'll pick you up," She says, not caring about the stares on her or Jessica.


"It's a date," Jessica smiles at Taeyeon. She lets go of the brunette's hand and walks to her class.


Taeyeon steps into her class, people berating her with questions. She doesn't care and sits with her friends, Sunny and BoA. Class starts before they can question her.





Jessica is barely slipping on a decent shirt when she hears the doorbell ring downstairs. She looks out of her window, a beautiful girl standing at the door with something in her hands. She quickly runs downstairs, but gets beaten by her father who answers the door.


"Can I help you?" Jessica's dad, Jihoon, looks at the short girl at his doorstep.


"Good morning, sir. Is Sooyeon awake?" Taeyeon bows and asks. Parents usually love her for her girl next door vibe.


"No--"


"Dad," Jessica groans. She shoos her dad away from the door.


"Kids these days," the tall man grumbles and walks to the couch to watch the news.


"Hey, sorry about Dad. He likes to intimidate people like that." Jessica smiles at Taeyeon. "Do you want to come in? I still have to get ready."


Jessica takes Taeyeon's hand once the girl nods. She's about to lead them upstairs when the man on the couch talks.


"Sooyeon."


"Dad," Jessica says.


"Your friend stays down here," Jihoon doesn't spare the girls a glance. People often misinterpret his actions, but he's just being protective. His default setting is to be cold and intimidating. It deters people from approaching his little girl.


Jessica ignores her dad and lead Taeyeon up a few steps.


"She stays down here or you aren't going anywhere."


Jessica groans. Taeyeon rubs the back of her hand. "It's fine. I'll wait here while you finish getting ready."


Jessica sighs and pecks Taeyeon's cheek. "Give me five minutes."


Taeyeon nods and lets Jessica go up the stairs. She fumbles with the small box in her hand. She looks up when Jessica's dad lowers the volume of the tv and looks at her.


"What are your intentions with my daughter?" He glares at girl coldly.


"I want to get to know her. I uh, I want to court her." Taeyeon stutters.


"What's your name, shortie?"


Taeyeon bites her tongue. She hates when people call her shortie. "Kim Taeyeon."


Jihoon has overheard his daughter and her friends talk about a Kim Taeyeon before. This must be that girl. He turns back to the tv. "She's gonna take a lot more than five minutes if you're taking her on a date."


"Well, I wouldn't consider today a date...I'm taking her to meet my grandmother."


Jihoon turns back to Taeyeon. "Excuse me?" His daughter does not meet the family so soon. He taught her that.


"We're going to spend the day with my grandmother in Jeonju...if that's alright with you and your spouse?" Ni

Please log in to read the full chapter