Null 5-6-2020

taengsic null 5-6-2020
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jessica Jung aka the Ice Princess is just minding her own business lounging around at home. Her parents left for some dinner in Busan and won't be coming back til the morning. She's just watching tv because she's grounded and her parents took her keys and phone. Too bad for them, they left her with her lollipops along with a secret phone she has laying around in her room.


Jessica actually gets up to get it when someone knocks on the door.


"I'm going!" Jessica walks back downstairs and answers the door. Her parents told her to expect her aunt because they don't trust her being home alone. Not with the kind of reputation that precedes her.


Jessica opens the door and sees a familiar brunette. Her jaw drops slightly. 


What the hell is Kim Taeyeon doing at her doorstep?


"Sooyeon! Thank God you answered. I was afraid you were already trying to leave. We didn't interrupt your nap yet, did we?"


"N-No," Jessica stutters. She clears and speaks. "No, I haven't slept yet. I was about to-"


"Oh, good!"


Jessica catches Taeyeon in her arms when the girl is pushed forward. 


"I'm supposed to babysit you today, but I already have plans. Here's what we're going to do, okay? You can do anything you want as long as Taeyeon here goes along with you. Got it?"


"Umm...I'm grounded," Jessica says with Taeyeon still in her arms. She doesn't know why though when her grip is loose and Taeyeon can easily slip out.


Jessica gets thrown some keys. She catches them easily.


"I mean, I guess I can sleep in another day."


"Good girl. Now, try not to get sent to Mother again. Make sure you behave and play nice! Have fun, kids!"


Jessica watches her aunt drive off. She's left with Kim Taeyeon in her arms.


"Umm...do you want me to take you home?" Jessica asks while not knowing what exactly to do. Taeyeon's grip slightly tightens on her.


This is so weird, but it feels really nice.


"We should probably get inside before someone sees us." Jessica says as she pulls away from Taeyeon who doesn't seem to want to let her go. She leads Taeyeon to the couch and asks if she wants anything to drink. She gets the girl water when the house phone rings.


"Hello?"


"SICA!" On the phone is Jessica's best friend, Kim Hyoyeon.


"Why do you always scream? I can hear you just fine, you know." Jessica walks inside the kitchen for privacy.


"There's a party happening tonight! Some guys from the school across town are having it at their place. Let's go!"


"I don't know, Hyo. My aunt kinda left me with someone and I don't want to-"


"Bring them along! It'll be fun! Like a date! God knows how long it's been since you've had one."


"I'll ask but I don't want to just force them to go somewhere they don't know. Who's throwing it anyway?"


"I think Jung Yunho and Kim Jaejoong?"


Jessica sighs. "Fine, I'll go. Just let me check with Taeyeon-"


"TAEYEON'S AT YOUR HOUSE?! WHAT THE , JUNG JESSICA?!"


"Stop. Shouting."


Hyoyeon apologizes to Jessica. "Sorry. But, are we talking about the same Taeyeon that goes to our school? The one you have a major crush on-"


"SHUT UP!" Jessica bangs her fist on the counter. "We do not speak about that, got it? And yes, we're talking about the same person."


"Now you definitely have to come! This is your chance, dude!"


"There is no chance. Nothing is going to happen. Now, let me ask if she wants to go. I'm not just going to drag her with me."


"Right, because you're a gentlewoman."


Jessica puts her friend on hold and goes to Taeyeon who's looking at a picture frame in her hand. She immediately goes over and takes the picture knowing that it's an embarrassing one. Taeyeon looks a bit disappointed, but Jessica brushes that off. She clears and asks her question.


"Do you want to go to a party?"


Taeyeon nods while opening her palm for Jessica to give back the picture frame. Jessica shakes her head and goes back to the kitchen. 


"Gonna have to burn this later," Jessica mumbles as she grabs the house phone off the counter. "Alright, we're going. You better not drug me again or I'll make you regret it big time, Kim."


"You got it, chief! I'll text you the address."


"No need. It's at Yunho's right?"


"Yeah."


"I already know where that is. I'll see you there, Hyo. Bye." Jessica hangs up on her best friend.


The blonde looks at the picture in her hand. She leaves it facing down on the counter and goes to the living room where Taeyeon's looking at her other baby pictures. 


"I seriously need to burn those," Jessica mumbles and looks at Taeyeon from behind. "She is so not ready to go to a party."


Jessica notices that Taeyeon is wearing an old blue sweater and matching blue jeans. The girl has her hair in a ponytail and is wearing specs to most likely see. Jessica herself is wearing a white tank top and shorts that are probably too short to be seen in. Her hair's down and a bit wet from the shower she took earlier.


Jessica thinks she hears Taeyeon call her cute as she grabs a certain baby picture of the blonde. Jessica just watches the girl take a picture of it on her phone.


Wha...


Jessica clears when Taeyeon puts the picture back on the shelf it was previously on. 


"Follow me," Jessica says as she turns towards the stairs. She doesn't look to see if Taeyeon's following because she hears the girl's footsteps behind hers.


Jessica walks them up to her room where she offers Taeyeon a seat on her bed. She goes to her closet while Taeyeon looks around her room.


It's actually not what someone would expect from the Ice Princess. Jessica has polaroids hanging in one corner with a bookshelf full of worn out books in foreign languages, a desk where there are multiple stacks of papers and journals, and a worn out soccer ball underneath said shelf. There are fairy lights hanging around the room with some bean bags and throw pillows in another corner. She has her bed by the window sill where there are plushies on top of the mattress and boxing gloves hanging off the footboard. She also has a piano set up next to her desk. Her room is painted a light white with some posters, drawings, and magazine clips hanging on the walls. There's also a closet full of clothes and shoes that also has Jessica's soccer and boxing equipment because Jessica does those two sports with pride. She actually has a few trophies and medals hanging on her bookshelf.


Jessica catches Taeyeon off guard when she throws a dress her way. "Put that on," she says as she walks to her bedroom door with her own clothes in hand. She steps out of the room and goes into her parents' room. She changes there and checks herself in the mirror.


Jessica picked out a casual dress that doesn't stand out too much but can catch a few eyes. It's a blue strapless dress that perfectly fits her body and compliments her well. She fixes her hair and borrows just a bit of her mom's makeup. She isn't sure why she puts makeup on when she never does for anything (except certain events she can't avoid).


Jessica looks herself over one more time before she goes back to her room. She sees that Taeyeon is having a bit of trouble. 


"Need help?" Jessica asks as she looks at Taeyeon through the mirror. Taeyeon nods timidly with a flustered face.


Jessica walks over to Taeyeon and helps her out. She moves the girl's (un)suprisingly soft brown locks over her shoulder and zips the dress up. She pats it down for Taeyeon and looks her over not realizing that she's making the girl blush. 


"You look good. Do you really need the glasses though?" 


Taeyeon shakes her head. She holds her breath in when Jessica's hands reach out to her face. She shuts her eyes.


Jessica pauses when Taeyeon's eyes close. She shakes her head and continues what she was doing. She carefully and gently takes Taeyeon's specs off. She looks at the brunette and unconsciously smiles.


She looks amazing. 


Taeyeon opens her eyes when she feels a hand touching her hair. She sees a small smile on Jessica's lips as the girl fixes her hair a bit. 


"There. Now, you look really good. Let's go."


Taeyeon follows behind Jessica like an obedient puppy. Jessica puts Taeyeon's things in a bag for the girl and carries it for her. She grabs her watch from her nightstand then leads Taeyeon downstairs. She grabs a er from the box on the coffee table and offers one to Taeyeon. 


"Are you okay? Your face is a bit flustered."


Taeyeon looks away from Jessica. "I-I'm fine."


"Are you sure? I can take you home if you aren't feeling well."


Taeyeon shakes her head vigorously. Jessica lets Taeyeon win this round. 


"Okay, but tell me if you feel bad. I'll take you home, okay?"


Taeyeon nods and Jessica takes her hand. She decides to leave her spare phone here and just opens the front door. She locks it after and leads Taeyeon to her car which has miraculously appeared in her driveway. She unlocks the car opening the passenger door for Taeyeon. She gets in herself and turns the car on. She reaches over the console to the back and places Taeyeon's things there. While she's doing that, she doesn't notice Taeyeon staring at her chest. She's thankful that she always has a sweater or two in the backseat. She pulls them closer towards the front seats for her and Taeyeon to be able to reach later.


Jessica moves back to sit correctly in her seat. She puts her seatbelt on while asking if Taeyeon's wants to plug in her phone to her aux or listen to Jessica's music. Taeyeon chooses the latter, so Jessica turns on her radio. She changes the channel to her favorite. She drives out of her driveway and onto the road. 


"You put your seatbelt on, right?" Taeyeon nods. Jessica hums and leans back in her seat. She has one hand on the wheel while the other is beating to the music on the console. She starts hears Taeyeon hum along to the song and she smiles. Eventually, the two teenagers are having a sing along while they drive to the party.




Jessica pulls her car into a familiar driveway and parks. Taeyeon whines that they didn't get to finish singing.


"We're here, you dork. Come on."


Jessica gets out first and goes to open Taeyeon's door. She helps the girl step out of her car by grabbing her hand. She's going to pull away but Taeyeon holds onto her tightly. She sees that Taeyeon isn't bubbly like before but nervous now.


"Never been to a party before?" She asks. Taeyeon shakes her head. "Seriously? Not even one?"


"I'm not friends with a lot of people, okay?"


Jessica shakes her head. "You're Kim Taeyeon, the most popular girl at school. How have you not been invited to a party?"


"I'd rather study..." Taeyeon mumbles. Jessica lets out a small giggle. 


"Would you prefer I take you home to your textbooks, Kim?" Jessica asks teasingly.


Taeyeon shakes her head. 


"But I thought you said you preferred studying?" 


"W- We're already here," Taeyeon says. "Besides, I'd rather be here with you..." She mumbles that last part to herself. 


"If you really prefer studying, then I'll take you home." 


"I don't want to."


"You sure? Once we go inside, we're staying."


Taeyeon nods. Jessica squeezes her hand gently. "Don't be nervous, okay?"


"But I don't know anyone."


Jessica's mouth moves faster than her brain. "You know me." Jessica slaps herself mentally. She thinks she doesn't care anymore when she sees Taeyeon smiling at her. She smiles back and takes a step forward. "Come on, we don't have to stay for long, okay? We'll go whenever you want, but you have to socialize a bit."


Jessica leads Taeyeon inside the mansion full of rowdy teenagers. She sees someone she knows and pulls Taeyeon in that direction. She keeps her grip firm and squeezes Taeyeon's hand reassuringly.


"Jung Jessica!"


"Jung Yunho!" Jessica gets pulled into a bone crushing hug. "It's good to see you, oppa." She says when she's put down.


"You too! I thought you were back in America?" Yunho says as he looks Jessica over. He brings his hand up to his eye and wipes it.


Jessica rolls her eyes at the boy. "Stop being so dramatic, oppa."


"You're all grown up, Sooyeonie." 


Jessica is going to kill Yunho. She blushes when the girl beside her whispers her family pet name. She clears and lets go of Taeyeon. Taeyeon is about to protest when Jessica places her hand on the brunette's waist.


"Oppa, this is Taeyeon. She's a friend of mine." Jessica squeezes Taeyeon's waist a bit. "Taeyeon, this is Yunho. He's my older cousin."


Jessica watches Yunho look at Taeyeon as if seeing to approve of her. He reaches his hand out to shake Taeyeon's. Jessica has to squeeze Taeyeon's waist again for the girl to react. Taeyeon shakes Yunho's hand.


Yunho opens his mouth to talk when Jessica gives him a look. He smiles at his cousin while telling the two girls to have fun and enjoy the party.


Jessica looks at her cousin when he grabs her arm. She glares at him when he whispers, "You know the code to the room if you and your girl get bored."


"Shut up, doofus." Jessica says with a blush creeping up her face. She takes Taeyeon to meet a few friends before they go to get a drink. All of a sudden, she's pulled away from Taeyeon.


"What the fu-"


"Jessica! Hi."


"Donghae? Hi..."


"Hi. I didn't know you would be here."


"Yeah, me neither. I actually came with-"


"Sica."


Jessica shivers when Taeyeon's hand is on her lower back. 


"I thought you said we were going to find your friends?"


Jessica looks at Taeyeon weirdly. The brunette is suddenly acting different. And wh

Please log in to read the full chapter