one.

you make my wishes come true
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark and Yuta named their daughter Asami, and it had been a hard conclusion to come to. The pair had greatly struggled on deciding whether or not her name was going to be Korean or Japanese, and then it had been an even bigger challenge to settle on a name that they both liked. Due to their ambivalence, she didn't have a name until she was around two weeks old, and it was after many many conversations and late nights of arguing over names that they finally settled on Asami and it was perfect. Mark liked to say that they were waiting for the name to choose their daughter and that was why it had taken them so long to name her. Yuta would disagree, basing it off of their own stubbornness, but they already had enough disputes that stirring another pointless one wasn't on his agenda. But he also felt there was some truth there. It had taken some time to get to know her, and once she was an established member of their family and someone that they knew a little better, the name Asami just fit and made sense. Their baby girl had a name and they could finally stop calling her Baby all the time. 

Asami looked exactly like Mark. Her smile was an exact copy of her mother's and even better, she laughed just like him too. Her little giggles that started when she was around a month old were her own but they slowly evolved into Mark's the bigger she grew and it was incredibly endearing. When the two laughed together it was the same sound and cadence and it was music to Yuta's ears. The only thing Asami had of Yuta's were his hooded eyes, and it was something he was proud of. He was proud of his daughter regardless, but he was especially proud that she inherited his best asset. It was something he often bragged about. She had his eyes, she was beautiful, she was his, and that was a fact. 

Asami was incredibly attentive and smart too. Yuta and Mark did their best to raise her trilingual and for the most part, she had mastered Korean, English, and Japanese and could easily switch between them if the conversation so needed it. They hadn't intended or tried to push that agenda on her, but she had such a knack for languages that it was hard not to continue their lessons with her. They used all three languages every day all day and she picked up so quickly. It was admirable, considering it had taken forever for Mark to learn proper Japanese and Yuta to learn proper English. She spoke languages with ease and she was so talented. 

Asami's temperament was so alike to Yuta's as well. She was such a tactile and loving person, even as a baby, and Yuta was so grateful for that aspect of her personality. They were often cuddling and there were countless times where Asami had fallen asleep in her father's arms and there were countless photos in Mark's phone of the two of them asleep and cuddling close wherever they saw fit to take their naps. She was also very loud and liked to crack jokes, just like Yuta did and he had taught her everything he knew. They were two peas in a pod. 

Yuta was the one who always did their daughter's hair. Asami liked her hair in pigtails since it kept her dark locks out of her eyes. She can't see if her hair is in her eyes and she has to remind her father every morning shortly after she wakes up, ready for what the day has in store for her. Mark only does it sometimes but she likes it better when her father does it; is much less prone to hair pulling and frustrated wiggling from both Mark and Asami. Yuta did the best job with her hair anyway, but today was a struggle with Asami trying to jump out of her chair as soon as she sat herself down. 

"Hurry, Daddy!" Asami whined, swinging and kicking her feet on the stool she sat on, bouncing up and down and making it quite difficult for Yuta to gather her hair in his hand, "I want to start my puzzle!" 

"Daddy is doing his best," Yuta assured, smoothing the handful he had in his palm before reaching for one hair tie. One down, one to go, "It's hard to do your hair when you're so wiggly, Baby," she wasn't usually so physically expressive when Yuta was doing her hair, but like she said, she had a new puzzle she would like to start. And Yuta had failed to do her hair first thing after she woke up, leaving it until they were back home after a venture out of the house. It had been a change in their routine and not one Asami appreciated, "Just a few more seconds." 

Mark had done some grocery shopping this morning while Yuta had taken Asami to her dentist appointment (no cavities, as always) and while he had been out of the house he had spotted a puzzle he knew Asami would love. He promptly bought it and after hearing she had no cavities and her teeth were as healthy as can be, he turned the gift into a reward and Asami had been ecstatic. She needed her hair tied up to do a puzzle and Yuta wasn't going to say no to his daughter. 

"Done!" Yuta chirped, using his hands to pat his daughter’s shoulders to a rhythm. It had been a struggle to finish but he was finally done and Asami was finally free, "You're all good to go," he had to laugh at his daughter and her impatience as she dashed to the dining room table where her new puzzle sat unopened. She clambered onto her seat, small hands using the table for leverage as she climbed onto the wood, sitting on her knees to see her workspace better. 

"Mommy, help!" Asami demanded as she pushed the puzzle box towards Mark with urgency. She couldn't open it without his help and the fact that he hadn't opened it already was ridiculous to her. It should have been opened and on the table already. Silly Mommy, "Help, please!" 

"Be patient, Asami," Mark reminded her, grabbing a pair of scissors and cutting the paper seals on all sides. Asami was bouncing in her seat, smile wide and mirroring Mark's exactly, "Patience is a virtue," it had been a lesson they were diligent in teaching and sometimes Asami just forgot. A quick reminder and she was back to being her patient and sweet self. She was sitting back in her seat, but Mark had to laugh as well. Her upper body was still swaying side to side, excited to piece together her new puzzle. 

"There you go, Sami," Mark finalized, tearing open the protective plastic bag and gently spilling the pieces onto the table. There wasn't an outrageous amount of pieces but it was enough to keep them occupied for the next hour or so, two if Asami was distracted enough in conversation, "Think you can do this one?" it was a silly question because he already knew the answer. Asami could do anything she put her mind to. 

And Asami knew he knew too, "Of course we can!" she exclaimed, grabbing a handful and spreading the pieces around so she could get a good look at the colors, starting to flip the ones that showed the cardboard side, "You're so silly, Mommy," Mark felt his heart flutter. How could she be so cute?! 

"Mommy is pretty silly, huh?" Mark started spreading the pieces as well, mirroring his daughter by flipping pieces over that weren't showing the puzzle side. He watched as Asami already found a pair of pieces that fit together and then smile to herself, proud of her accomplishment so far. She was starting with the border, just as Mark and Yuta had taught her to when she first gained an interest in puzzles. She picked up on the concept fast and she was always so fast at piecing the picture together. 

"Yes!" Asami chirped, giggling to herself and making her pigtails bounce on her shoulders. Mark wanted to reach over and give her the biggest and tightest hug, squealing under his breath. His daughter was so cute and he could hardly stand it, his heart feeling like it was going to burst. 

"I'll make some snacks for when we all get hungry," Yuta announced as he made his way into the kitchen to grab a bowl of green grapes (Asami's favorite) and a few slices of watermelon (Mark's favorite). Yuta grabbed himself some strawberries, adding some crackers on the side in case Asami wanted to share with him. Asami loved crackers, and they went even better when she had them with grapes. 

Asami loved building and putting things together. She had such a fascination with understanding how everything works and funct

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter