Final 1.2

Room 711
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Final 1.2

 

 

***

 

 

After a couple of minutes of pondering, Yoona mads up her mind. She her back and composed herself. 

 

'She ain't that bad really. It was always just my fault. I don't do what she expects.' She thought and slowly but surely, she takes her first step and followed by small steps while eyes are on the room, not far from her. 'What comes to her mind though? I don't think I did something that deserves this kind of gift.' She finds it weird yet her heart is fluttering. But she got nervous the closer she gets to the door. Never in her wildest imagination that she will be spending her birthday in a place she didn't expect. Not to mention, from someone she isn't that close. 

 

Just a couple of steps from the door, she stops and ponders for a while again. But for the second time, she continued to walk forward and hesitantly knocks on the door. Her eyes close tight in an instant.

 

'Please don't open. Please don't open it. Please don't open it.' She chants in her mind. Unfortunately, the door opens gently. But there wasn't anyone who greets her. She peeks inside and finds the room dark. 'Aish, I hate surprises.' She thought in her mind as she finds herself stepping in. "M-Ms. Seo. I know it's you." She said loudly and tried to open the lights. 

 

As soon as the lights were , confetti exploded in the air.

 

"Happy Birthday, Yoona-ssi." And a woman wearing a white dress and a birthday hat over her head is standing in the middle of the living room. 

 

"T-thanks, Ms. Seo." Yoona got shy. The room has letters of balloons formed into Happy Birthday Yoona. "But you shouldn't have done this." She said softly as she approached her and couldn't look at her in the eyes.

 

"Really? You have to tell me that?" Seohyun chuckled in disbelief. But she picks the pattie from the coffee table and flashes her sweetest smile. "Make a wish and blow the candle, Yoona-ssi."

 

Yoona rubs the back of her head and closes her eyes briefly to make a wish. She blows and smiles shyly when Seohyun greeted her again. "Um, thank you again."

 

"The party haven't even started."

 

"Yes?"

 

Seohyun meaningfully smiled as she took the remote control and turned the tv on. She pushed Yoona gently on the sofa to let her sit while she started singing the song called 'Magic'.

 

Magic Magic Magic uhm
Magic Magic uhm

 

The doe-eyed's eyes are widened as her boss also started dancing like swaying her waist in front of her. She barely can breathe as the temperature rises the more she sings and dances in front of her, something she didn't expect.

 

Seohyun, a strict and serious boss for everyone, is so y and hot in front of her.

 

naege jumuneul georeo
deo gipi ppajyeoga

(You cast a spell on me
I’m falling deeper)

 

Her eyes are especially seductive towards her. Yoona is confused and feeling the sweat now dripping from her forehead to her cheeks. She's breathing heavily as each second passes. She wanted to look away but just like the song says, she's on a spell that she can't look away.

 

'God, how on earth I have a boss like her? She's freaking me out.'

 

Suddenly Seohyun takes her seat in the space next to her and automatically she moves away but Seohyun lays down on her lap while she's continuously singing the y song, not leaving her very alluring eyes.

 

'She did it on purpose.' Yoona thought in mind got startled when the young boss pulled herself up and leaned to her face, catching on her breath. 

 

nan tto neol chatgo
neoman geurineun

(I’m looking for you again
I’ve fallen for your magic)

 

naege dagawa uh
jumuneuro nal nogyeojweo baby

(Come closer to me
Melt me with your magic, baby)

 

Seohyun winks before she gets up and resumes the song, still dancing to it in front of the girl she's interested in.

 

'Please let this be just a dream. There's no way Miss Seo is showing her other side to me.' Yoona can't take what's going on but she's liking it, no she's loving it. It's rare to be with someone like her. It's really a birthday gift.

 

-

 

"What do you think?" ask Seohyun obliviously once the performance was done. But the doe-eyed is agape and can't say a word. "Hey, Yoona-ssi." she waves her hand in front of her and shakes her on her shoulder gently.

 

Yoona blinks so many times and shamelessly smiled. "Tha-that was... go-good, Ms. Seo. I mean, awesome. Are you.... a singer back then?" she jokes earning laughter. 

 

"I used to be in a theater." said Seohyun, taking the bottle of water and drinks it casually.

 

"Oh, no wonder. T-thanks." Again, Yoona is grateful.

 

"You are lucky."

 

"Eh?"

 

Seohyun giggles as she pinched her cheeks. "I only do that to special people." she finds it adorable to see her cheeks blushing and she's satisfied to see it. 

 

"Oh." Yoona got speechless and can't look at her in the eyes. She bit her lower lip and smile from ear to ear while rubbing her right ear as it's feeling hot.  

 

Seohyun took the chopsticks and handed them to the older girl. "Why are you just sitting there. It's your party." she reminded.

 

"I... really didn't expect this." Yoona took it gently as she faces her back. "But good thing you're here, my friends ditch me in my own party." she realized. "Thanks for the food." and finally she's eating what she prepared for her.

 

"Where are they?" Seohyun curiously asks while doing the same.

 

"They all have unexpected things to do. But I'm fine with it. This is the first time." Yoona shares, chuckling softly. She glances at her and smiles when she saw her smiling.

 

"Did I predicted what's going to happen?"

 

"Absolutely." 

 

Seohyun suddenly wanted to feed the doe-eyed but she refused. So she cutely pouts, hoping it buys her. 

 

"Here." Instead, Yoona transferred kimchi to her rice bowl and smiled cheerfully.

 

"Tsk." Not minding it, Seohyun just change her mind and returned to her own food. She opened the tv back so they're watching some sports event. "Do you like football?" and she grabs the chance to know her more.

 

"Not quite but I know that player, he's popular, isn't he?" Yoona raised her eyebrows towards her.

 

"Yup. What do you like then?"

 

"Not fond of any sport."

 

"You aren't?" Seohyun can't believe it. Usually, she meets with people that have hobbies and a love of sports. "What do you do when you are on a day off?" So she got curious about it.

 

"I... sleep." Yoona chuckled yet felt embarrassed to confess. "I mean, I use it as a day to recharge. I work for long hours. I don't have so much time for it." she once again blushes, earning a pinch from her boss that took her by surprise.

 

"You're cute. I think I should invite you to golf whenever it's our day off."

 

"Omo, don't bother please."

 

"Yah, go out too, Yoona-ssi. It's not healthy to just spend the whole day sleeping. You are not going to get a lot of birthdays if you stay in that lifestyle." Seohyun can't help and scold her. "Aish, it's your birthday but I'm like this."  

 

Yoona is speechless for a couple of seconds. "Th-thanks. Well, it's not healthy indeed." and she agrees with her.

 

"So, I'm calling you whenever I want to play golf then." Taking her phone from the coffee table, Seohyun set the reminder on the calendar so she won't forget it. Next week Friday is their day-off, which means their first golf together.

 

'She's rich indeed.' Yoona can't complain either way. 'Well, it's not that bad.'

 

In the next thirty minutes, they are conversing comfortably and it's more of Seohyun asking questions to the doe-eyed and the latter is answering it well.

 

-

 

A big burp escapes Yoona's mouth after drinking the finishing the food and drinks the cola. She turned her head behind wondering what's taking Seohyun from leaving the bedroom. She left her when she received a call and wonders who it was because it sounds serious.

 

Shrugging it off, she decided to clean up while smiling. Her birthday celebration unexpectedly was good. The best part was their long talk, sharing stuff they haven't shared. Which makes her felt good and happy because she's not the person she expects to be. It's like she found a new good friend.

 

Just then, Seohyun walked out of the room and was surprised to see the doe-eyed is now cleaning up.

 

"The party hasn't ended. I ordered a wine and steak." She informed her.

 

"Eh? I'm... I'm already full, Ms. Seo." Yoona sheepishly answered.

 

"Aigoo, don't tell me that."

 

"Really, I think I can still eat. Mianhe."

 

Seohyun sighs. "But the cake, we haven't even touched it." However, she realized the cake is still there.

 

"Oh yeah, I think that will do." Yoona grinned and immediately took her seat, back. 

 

"Tsk." Seohyun just sits next to her and shakes her head. "You don't mind it's a chocolate cake, right?"

 

"Of course." Assured the doe-eyed, slicing the cake with the small knife.

 

"You are really a person that goes with the flow." Seohyun says as she also realized as she learned Yoona grows up in the province which is the reason she's not a picky person and really just a simple person. It makes her smile on her own as her heart flutter.

 

"I don't really demand that much so yeah." Yoona flashes a bright brief smile. 

 

"What are you doing tomorrow?"

 

"Don't we have work?" 

 

"Yes after that?"

 

"Go home."

 

Seohyun laughs and unconsciously hits her shoulder. "You don't have plans?"

 

"Wae? You have?" Yoona handed her a small plate of the sliced cake as she raises her eyebrows.

 

"Hmm, I'll see on it first." Not sure if she's going to share it, Seohyun decided to just push it aside. 

 

"Okay. Just call me." said Yoona as she returned to the cake but only to noticed a small box in the cake. She turned to look at her hoping she'll explain.

 

"It's the gift." Said Seohyun, smiling genuinely. "Open it." she ordered casually taking bites on her cake.

 

Complying, the doe-eyed hesitantly took the box and slowly open it just to see a ring. And there's a text on the cover that says 'I like you'. Even though she already knew, it still surprised her. "No, I-I can't-"

 

"I just want you to know, don't be pressured." Seohyun interrupted her. "I know I scare you every time in the office. I know you understand why...but it doesn't mean I'm a bad person."

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter