Please, Son Chaeyoung! (5)

Please, Son Chaeyoung!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR'S POV

Going well is an understatement.

Mina and Chaeyoung have become closer as they now have put a clear line between best friends & lovers.

There are times when Mina wanted to step back and made it clear for Chaeyoung that it was not normal for friends to randomly appear in another's college just to have lunch together.

And- uh- not to mention for bringing flowers for the other...

"Why? Why can't I eat with my best friend? And you like Lily, is it wrong to bring you one?" Mina could only sigh.

Yes, Chaeyoung's Mom just got home from a trip to a flower garden with her old friends then she brought a lot of flowers. Being a 'best' friend she is, Chaeyoung took the white one and brought it for Mina.

The older girl could not help but to blush when everyone in the hall saw how Chaeyoung smiled sweetly to her, "Favorite flower for my favorite princess."

Sana had to drag Mina away before she fainted.

And please do not remind Mina how they ate, they shared everything. Basically it was Mina who ordered, 'cause Chaeyoung knew that Mina knew what she would and would not eat. Then, yes, they ate everything together. Casually helping each other with utensils, tissue, pouring drinks- the list went on.

Best friends, indeed.

--

Now Chaeyoung is no longer a freshman, she gets more and more attention. Especially in the tournament like this. Now she is one of the key players of her school's basketball team, she gets a lot of admirers.

"Son Chaeyoung! Son Chaeyoung! Son Chaeyoung!" The chanted girl only glances for a second before putting her focus back to the game.

But Chaeyoung is not a perfect girl, her small stature is easily shoved by the others and accidentally her hand is stepped on by the other girl, "AAAKH!" 

The game is halted for a minute, brim of tears threatening to fall.

Yujin, the other member of the basketball team is already pushing the one who steps on her hand, "Stop! Stop!" Soon, the coach and referee were engaged in the heated fight, trying to break it up.

"Make way!" A girl tries to push herself into the scattered layers of people, ", make way, sorry!" The girl who is not in uniform shoves a girl away just so she could get closer to the injured player.

"MAKE WAY, I'M CHAEYOUNG'S GUARDIAN!" Another girl, taller than the average, is able to silence and disperse the crowd, just a little bit but it is enough, "Chaeyoung, you okay?"

The injured girl looks up, "Je & Minari, what are you guys doing here?" Mina looks like she is about to cry when she sees Chaeyoung is crying as her face is in pain, "I was about to cheer for you, dummy. Jeong, help me."

After a series of laughs from Jeongyeon and scolding from Mina, now Chaeyoung is lying down on the infirmary bed, having a doctor checking her injured ankle and hand.

"Is she okay, Doc?" Since Jeongyeon is an alumni, alongside Mina but Jeongyeon is more familiar with the school doctor since she was also a basketball player, "All is good, nothing's broken, but she really needs to rest these."

They watch the doctor as he points to the injured ankle and wrist, "Alright, anything else she needs to know, Doc?" The doctor shakes his head, "Tonight will be uncomfortable for her and if the pain is unbearable, the painkiller is here. Also, if she gets fever, just take a generic paracetamol, that should do. That's it."

"Alright, how man-"

"Mina, stop, he says I'll be fine." 

Mina stops looking at the doctor, turning her head onto the stubborn younger girl, "You don't cut my sentence like that, Chaeng." 

Jeongyeon gulps.

The doctor glances at the older girl then to the younger girl, then gulps.

But Chaeyoung sighs, "I know you are worried, but I'm really fine."

"Did you see yourself?!" Out of worry, Mina bursts out.

But the dense girl only sighs again, "What?"

"You cried! You rarely cry and you did, do you know how much it pains me?!" 

"Well it hurt, what should I do? But I am fine now!" 

Jeongyeon slowly makes way to the doctor, "So, how are you, Doc? Have you finished your thesis? Last time, it was a thesis, right?"

The Doctor takes the sign immediately, he turns around and walks with Jeongyeon, "I'm good, I'm good. How about you, Jeong? And yes, it was my thesis, it's almost done. How kind of you to remember." 

They both leave the bickering duo, "You do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter