Please, Son Chaeyoung! (4)

Please, Son Chaeyoung!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR'S POV

It is still fresh in Chaeyoung's mind when she had to go home by herself.

That day, the day when Mina confessed, the seniors barely had any activities since they were going to graduate soon. So were Mina, Sana and Momo.

As an oblivious human being, Chaeyoung waited on the bench, as usual, only to find out later that Mina went home with her other friends, Sana and Momo. 

Chaeyoung found it weird since neither Momo nor Sana live nearby, but she didn't think it through, so she let it pass.

Then when the morning came, Mina already went to school when Chaeyoung came to pick her up. Being the super oblivious one, she let it pass.

Things went a bit rough when they met up, the 9 of them, even Nayeon & Jeongyeon who had graduated, made time to show up, only to find the group had become two separated groups.

Chaeyoung, Dahyun and Tzuyu sat on one table while Jihyo smiled before grabbing Nayeon and Jeongyeon's hands, "I don't know what happened. Come." The three of them were aware that Mina didn't even spare a glance at the maknaes, what happened?

Especially when Mina stood up, claiming that she had something to do at home, but Jihyo could see a brim of tears in her eyes.

---

Days passed by and Mina really had to delete their chat history, emptying her 'Besties' folder, yes, Mina had a folder for Chaeyoung, don't ask her why and how, just so she could roam freely on her phone without having the thought to check on her.

Days turned into weeks, Mina did not cry as much, especially because she was a bit busy with college preparation. Sana and Momo were always there for her though they did not live as near as the best friend, Son Chaeyoung.

Mina thought she could get used to it, but her heart ached when Chaeyoung stopped picking her up.

Mina thought she could be fine, but she smiled bitterly when she saw the empty bench near the school gate.

Chaeyoung no longer waited for her.

Well, it was not the younger girl's fault too. Mina left early in the morning, she did not wait for Chaeyoung when the younger girl had basketball practice and she did not drop a single message when she had to stay longer due to a student council meeting.

When she realized, it was all too late. She saw Chaeyoung walking home by herself. She saw Chaeyoung's side profile passing by the park they used to visit together.

And as if Mina lost her voice, she let those happen without Chaeyoung knowing that she wanted to be by her side.

Now they text each other, no matter how hurt it is, Mina doesn't want to make the same mistake again.

---

"Hey, Chaeng." Sana chirps when she walks out of Mina's house, then a low 'Hi' is heard, making Momo gulps her soda, "Fancy seeing you here, Chaeng." 

Mina stops rumbling with her lock then looks up, her heart beats so fast when their eyes are locked, "Miguri, we're going home...?"

"Oh, right. Right, sure, mmm, thank you, mmm, stay safe, Sana-chan, Momo-chan!" Awkward silence fills as soon as Sana and Momo turn around and leave.

"Hi..." The voice is low, but both of them could hear it clearly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter