FIN - A GOAL TO YOUR HEART

Soccer Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She's clueless, she's a crying mess, Jisoo can only stare at the captain of the soccer team. There were tears as she drowns herself into the influence of alcohol. "I was there first. I was..." Seungwan looks down on the table before she drinks straight from the bottle of the black label.

Jisoo was sitting beside her, staring at her, listening to what she's saying. "Cap, you had enough. Let's go home hmm?"  Jisoo tries to convince the already drunk Seungwan. She heard a soft chuckle before she wipes her tears. The blonde is very drunk, her eyes were puffy, her hair is a mess. She's an absolute mess, but Jisoo doesn't care, she wants to stay with her friend and she will always do.

"She called my name twice tonight. It feels good."  a soft hiccup was heard from the drunk lady. She can only placed the almost empty bottle down before she stares right into Jisoo's eyes. "But she can't be mine. She would never be mine." that is what Seungwan's last words were before she immediately passed out.

Jisoo can only sigh before she carries the drunkard friend of hers to her car. "Cap, why do you have to let yourself suffer like this for months."  Jisoo whispers while she's driving back to the dorm. The drive was smooth given that the road is almost empty because it's very late. She opens the door of the passenger seat and assisted Seungwan.

Jisoo immediately went inside the building while carrying Seungwan. "Where are we?"  Jisoo doesn't respond, all she wants to do is to let the wasted captain to lay down on the bed. Breathing heavily she let her lay down on her bed. The wasted girl immediately keeps herself warm before heading to bed fully.

"Sleep Seungwan. Please give yourself a break." Jisoo whispers before closing the door of Seungwan's room. She sighed once again before diving into her bed. Today was such a hard and long day for both Jisoo and Seungwan.

-

The blonde was awaken by the sound of her own alarm, her hands went to touch her throbbing head. Drinking will really make her body weak and seemed to be dead. "" that's the only thing she can say before she dragged herself into the shower room. Maybe a short shower will be enough. Letting the warm water flow to her water, Seungwan stood there as she remembers everything that happened last night. It was her turning point to finally let go of her feelings for the girl whom she saved in the bar.

Yes, Joohyun was a dream, her eyes are filled with emotions, those two beautiful brown orbs is enough to make her fall that night. The way Joohyun held her face that night, the way that Joohyun pressed her soft lips on hers. Seungwan was sober that night, but Joohyun made her drunk with the taste of her lips on hers. She opens her eyes as she let her hands run into her face. The memories of how Joohyun stole her first kiss right outside the bar before she passed out came back to her senses. She's standing inside the shower for long before she decided to finally go out. Wearing her hoodie, the blonde fixed herself before heading to the university. "Are you not hungover?"  she heard the voice of her dorm mate Jisoo. Seungwan just responded with a shook on her head before finally heading out.

Seungwan went inside the campus, her hands were inside her hoodie as she walk, the campus is still not as crowded, maybe because it's still early. She decided to go into the library, she roams her eyes around before sitting at the back part where mostly all of the medicinal related books were located. She was just about to read the surgery book when she spotted Joohyun getting inside the library. She can't help not to admire how her long hair flow down, the way she wear her red print checkered with plain white shirt inside. Joohyun is really a catch. She accidentally meets the eyes of the beautiful lady who immediately went near her. She can only gulp as she sits up straight. "Good morning Seungwan, do you happen to see Seulgi?" someone greeted Seungwan a good morning but yes she only did it because she wanted to ask something.

The medicine student just shook her head, that response immediately made Joohyun pout, all of the memories from how Joohyun kissed her that night came back. She badly wants to feel those lips on hers again. "Why is there something wrong?" Seungwan wants to curse herself. She should stop talking to the brunette for her to move on, but here she is right now pulling the chair beside her in order for Joohyun to sit down.

Joohyun sits beside Seungwan after placing her bag on her lap. "She's not responding to my messages again."  Seungwan closes her surgery book before staring over Joohyun once again. "Well this happens quite often. She's not answering my calls either. Are you really that busy with med school?"  Seungwan can only internally sigh as she heard those from the political science major.

"You mean, this happens quite often?" Joohyun can only nod from the question coming from her. "Apparently we're not that busy since they're only checking our researches right now." the confused eyes of the brunette then went to Seungwan who's now placing her book back inside her bag.

"But why is she not replying to me."  Seungwan can only shrug before she stood up, her bag was hanged on one of her shoulders while she's staring over Joohyun.

"Care to let me walk you to your class?" the brunette stood up from the chair after checking her wrist watch, she can only sigh, maybe she'll see Seulgi later at lunch time. She hopes. Both Seungwan and Joohyun exited the library. There were no one who's talking as they head to the Political Science building. Joohyun appreciates how gentle Seungwan is, knowing that the medicine building is at the other end. "If you happen to see Seulgi please tell her that I'm waiting for her reply."  Seungwan responded with a nod before she gestured for the lady to go inside the room.

With a soft sigh, the captain started to walk to her building. On her way to her class, she spots Seulgi who's now running. "Ya!"  she tries calling for her, but her friend didn't bunged but instead she continues to run to the stairs leading to the storage room of the medical students. With arched eyebrows, Seungwan follows Seulgi who went inside the room.

"I'm sorry I took longer than the usual baby." Seulgi's voice was heard inside the room accompanied by a soft chuckle. Seungwan can only fist her knuckles. The anger is overflowing. How can Seulgi break someones heart. She took her phone out and snapped a photo. "Is anyone there?!" Thanks to her athletic ability, the captain of the soccer team immediately runs down and heads inside their classroom.

She can only breathe out as she stares over the window, thinking on how emotionally draining this news would be for Joohyun. "Cap your mind seemed to be floating."  she felt Seulgi's pat on her shoulder. She just gave her a soft smile before proceeding on taking her book out. "Thanks again last night, Joohyun told me she had fun."  Seungwan can only nod her head before meeting Jisoo's eyes who just got inside the room.

The way they exchanged stares are enough for them to understand each other. "Irene's been looking for you and waiting for your reply. I meet her at the library."  Seulgi immediately took her phone out and acted like she really missed all of the messages.

Class went by smoothly, Seungwan stood up from her seat before grabbing her bag and also Jisoo. "Cap, why?"  Jisoo asked while she's grabbing her to go granola bar. Seungwan then continues to drag the slow turtle who keeps on eating.

"Jisoo, I need to tell you something." the medical student let Jisoo sit on one of the bleachers. Her eyes were focused over the captain of the soccer team. Seungwan hands her phone to Jisoo letting her friend see the video of the proof that she taken earlier. "How come cap? This is straight ed up. Do you know the girl that she's kissing?"  Jisoo asked, her hands were on the captain's phone.

Seungwan breathed out before putting her phone back inside her pocket. "After walking Irene to her classroom I happened to saw her running towards the storage room. Irene also told me she's been ignoring her messages that's why I thought of talking to her since Irene asked me to do it."  Seungwan's eyes were roaming around the field. Thank the heavens it is nearly empty. "I don't know what to do to be honest. I don't want to interfere with their relationship, but knowing that someone is hurting her makes me feel weak."  Jisoo was staring over Seungwan who's looking down right now, she can see and feel her devastation. "She doesn't deserve any of this Jisoo."  Seungwan can only breathe out before staring at the other players who's now making their way near the field.

"Captain Son and Jisoo are you two lazing out!"  Seungwan was stunned with the voice of her coach Choi Sooyoung. She immediately bows before grabbing her friend again towards the locker room. "Talk to me after the practice."  she can only nod over her coach before finally heading inside with Jisoo.

"What's your plan?"  Jisoo asked while she's grabbing her kit and her shoes. Both of them are busy changing into their kits.

"I still don't know. I don't want to ruin someone's relationship Jisoo. It's so selfish of me to tell Irene about it."  Jisoo gave the captain a pat on her shoulder. Her eyes were filled with emotions and meaning.

"No cap, cheating is wrong and nobody deserves to be cheated on, just think that you're not doing this because you like her, but instead you're doing it because you want to help her, you want the best for her and most especially, you want to save her from the pain. I know you know what's right and wrong cap. It's just like dealing with soccer. If you cheat and you happen to injure someone you'll be suspended and will be suctioned right? Cap, please don't let Joohyun bear with the pain for long."  Jisoo breathes out before she went to run towards the field. Seungwan eventually follows her after a minute too.

Seungwan starts to lead the practice, starting with the warm up. Her eyes went into the bleachers while she's running in the lap with Yeri. "Yeri-ah, do you know who's that lady beside Irene?" she asked while the younger kid tries to catch up with her speed. The lady beside Irene was the lady that Seulgi was kissing earlier at the storage room.

"Oh, that's Joy, her cousin." Yerim was confused upon seeing the team captain stopped running. Her eyes focused over Irene who's currently reading her law book while sitting beside the taller lady named Joy. "Is there something wrong Cap?"  Seungwan shooks her head and blinks her eyes upon meeting Joohyun's eyes.

"Let's start the tune up game."  Seungwan announced as she tried to disregard the new information that she got. Seulgi was now standing beside her while they're talking as a team. "Remember that despite this being a tune up game let's all give our very best and prepare for the finals which is in a month."  every single team member shouted their chant before going into position.

Seulgi was the first one who got the ball, who is being followed by Jisoo right now, hoping that the bear looking figure will pass the ball. "Kang! Here!"  Jisoo was shouting and being frustrated but Seulgi continues to run towards the goal. Seungwan watches the scene before glancing to where their coach was standing.   Seulgi tries to score a goal but the goalkeeper blocked it. "What the hell was that, you could had passed me the ball!"  Seulgi stares over Jisoo with a smirk.

"But you're not that good too. It's your last playing year yet you're still in the same position as what you are ever since we were freshmen."  Seungwan immediately stood between the two women. As the captain it's her responsibility to stand and correct the wrong behavior of her players. "What Seungwan, I'm right tho. She's not that great."  Seungwan stares right into the eyes of the bear looking figure.

"Jisoo made some mistakes back then, yes she knows that but she improved. But why are you here thinking that you're perfect and you didn't do anything wrong at all." Seungwan snapped as she continues to stare at her friend, Seulgi's eyes suddenly changed but she tries her best to carry on. "Let's resume the match in five minutes, and please don't bring your personal issues into the field."  Seungwan started to walk away from Seulgi before she sits on the bleachers to drink some water.

"Thank you for standing up for me."  Jisoo was now sitting beside her while holding a bottle of water. Seungwan just glanced at her before she breathed out.

"I'm your captain Jisoo-ah, I don't want people belittling her own team member. The team will be incomplete without you. Always remember that."  Seungwan pats her friend before finally returning to the match. She's very professional, she doesn't not even planned to hurt her friend. All she can do is to focus on the tune up game which ended with a 4-2 score for the team.  Two goals from Seungwan, one for Jisoo and one for Yeri. The other team who scored two which was lead by Seulgi was scored by Lisa. "Good job guys! See you all tomorrow."  Seungwan annouced after they all settled. 

Seulgi was about to approach her when their coach beat her into it. "Still my ace Seungwanie." Sooyoung gave Seungwan some head pats. "Meet me at my office later after showering." the captain can only nod before she bows over her coach, glancing over Seulgi who's staring at her Seungwan just gave her a faint smile before heading to grab her bag and went inside the shower room. 

"Seungwan, let's talk."  Seulgi grabbed her wrist, the bag of the team captain even slipped down her own shoulder making Yerim who happened to pass by immediately picked her things up and helped the stunned captain. "It is just a tune up game but why do you have to block me like that?" Seulgi's anger was seen through her eyes. Yerim who just finished picking all of the things that was scattered earlier eyes the calm captain. 

"Yeri can you remind our co-captain about what we should do during a tune up game?" Seungwan said as she puts her bag on her shoulders again. The kid who seemed to be hesitating stood beside Seungwan before she stares over the co captain. 

"Coach said that even in a tune up game, we should exert all of our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter