A Little Before Trouble

Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A back story of Surgeon Son Seungwan and Business Woman Bae Joohyun.

TRIGGER WARNING SOME PARTS WILL INCLUDE THE TOPIC ABOUT DEPRESSION AND SUICIDE IF YOU'RE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THIS ONE PLEASE SKIP IT.

-

Piles of books, notes, and even piles of photocopies of any type of medical related information, that is what you will see inside the condo unit that Seungwan lives in. A typical med-student, minus the unpopular one, Seungwan is quite well known in the whole campus because she was once forced by her bestfriend Seulgi to sing on one of the events of the Business Major students. You're asking why two medical students are in a business major event? Ask Seulgi, the simp for Miss Park Sooyoung. That was already three weeks ago, and starting that day Seungwan will always be flooded with messages and even follower request on her Instagram account which is exclusive for her arts. She throws her phone on her bed before she starts to study once again. She was just about to get some new pack of highlighters when a hand went to reach for her. "Jesus Christ!! Seulgi what are you doing in here!" Seungwan's heart almost dropped into the ground upon seeing the figure of her bear looking bestfriend who's wearing her thick coat. The weather is really cold given that it's November. Seungwan closed her book and gave her friend a confused stare.

"Wan! Can you help me with this one?" Seungwan raised her eyebrows, the desperation and the nervousness with in the eyes of her friend is visible. For sure she wants to ask a favor, and she can see that somehow Seulgi is hesitating but probably she have no choice aside from her bestfriend. "Joy needs to attend a seminar with Irene." Irene, she heard that name again, she can still remember how she awkwardly spilled a cup of watermelon shake on the latter's skirt while they were hanging out as a group and that happened during their first encounter. Seungwan hates herself for always panicking when it comes to Irene, her beauty makes the medical student always stunned, but Joohyun is the complete opposite, she lowkey hates how awkward the medical student is, she's annoyed by the way she will constantly apologize even because of some small things. "But Joy and I already had the ticket for Honne's concert tomorrow. Can you substitute for Joy instead?" Seungwan's eyebrows raised as she shoves the thick anatomy book into her bestfriend's arms. Seulgi must be somehow stupid but she's already desperate. "Please just this once, I promise to tell Irene that you'll just sit there and behave and will not cause any trouble. You just need to write informations Seungwan-ah, pretty please." Seungwan shook her head before heading to grab a new pack of highlighters but Seulgi was being persistent. She jumps into Seungwan's bed and collapsed herself on her bed. "I promise that after this I'll not bother you for awhile and will stop giving your numbers to random girls." her eyes drifted from her anatomy book back to Seulgi who's now holding the ticket for the seminar.

"Okay give me the time and place! I swear Seulgi this would be the last!" Seulgi immediately stood up from the bed and placed the ticket beside her bestfriend's book. She also gave Seungwan a tight hug before she happily made her way out of the condo unit. The blonde sighed as she reached for the ticket, her eyes were glued over the address. 'Business Major auditorium 4PM' she can only breathe out and hoped that she won't mess up this time, or even make the beautiful lady uncomfortable.

Seungwan was standing outside the business building probably waiting for a goddess to suddenly show up, she's so stupid to not ask Joy for her number, but she thinks that thing is better because it would be weird if she'll just text the latter. She rubs her hands to make it warm before roaming her eyesight around again. "Oh my gosh, what is Seungwan doing in here?" a group of ladies who passed her whispers, she just breathed out and placed her hand inside the pocket of her jeans. Is Irene still coming? That is what she's been thinking, glancing at her wrist watch, the event will start in less than fifteen minutes and she still can't find Joohyun in the crowd.

She was just about to head out of the business building when she saw Joohyun walking, holding her IPad, wearing her backpack. Seungwan frozed as she admires how the hair of the girl flows down up to her back, the way the plain white tee makes her a thousand more attractive. Indeed Seungwan likes Joohyun but she knows that the lady won't like her at all. Seungwan bows over the brunette who just gave her an almost empty and cold stare. "Don't worry I won't sit beside you. I don't want to make you uncomfortable. I'll just give you the notes that I'll write today." Irene's eyebrows were crumpled as she continues to stare at Seungwan who's wearing a black long sleeves, beret, specs and a pair of jeans. The blonde is also carrying a small bag with her.

"You don't have to attend this one though, you can go." Irene just started to walk away leaving Wendy behind standing there. She heard some gossips around the area, was she too sassy? She's frustrated, she doesn't know how to talk to Wendy, the girl is too much for her to handle. She's different from the others that she got to know. She looks back and saw that Wendy was not there anymore. She just shrugged before she heads inside the auditorium, it was closed to getting packed and luckily she found a place. Joohyun once again roams her eyes around the area. Why is she looking for the blonde medical student?

After 2 hours, the seminar finally ended, Joohyun waits for the auditorium to be empty before she finally stood up and starts heading out. Her eyesight once again roams around the area but yes she failed to spot a small blonde girl, but instead she saw Joy with Seulgi who got this very disappointed face. "Do you know that Seungwan cancelled her meeting with her mom just to be here? Then you'll just tell her to go." Joy welcomed her with those words, in her hand was the notebook that Wendy was holding earlier. The taller lady gave Joohyun the notebook before staring at her. "You don't even know her that well Joohyun, yet you're treating her like that." Joy just shrugged before she clings into Seulgi's arms, the bear looking figure really looks so disappointed with what happened too.

"Eonnie, she tends to be annoying at times for over speaking, for overly apologizing and all, but that's her coping mechanism. Seungwan is suffering with some mental health issues eonnie, I just want to let you know about that." Joohyun was left there sighing as she stares over the notebook that was handed by Joy earlier, as soon as she opens it she saw a sticky note. 'I'm sorry, I promise that this would be the last time that you'll be annoyed with me and the last time you'll see me. Sorry for being annoying' Joohyun can only stare at the note before mentally cursing herself.

The brunette immediately went out of the business building and runs towards the medical building which is two buildings away from them. As soon as she reached the library of the building where she usually sees the blonde, she sighed upon seeing her leaning her head into the book while her eyes were closed. She quietly stood there and watched the peaceful face of Seungwan. Upon hearing those from her bestfriend Seulgi, she realized that she became so harsh and mean towards the blonde just because of their bad first encounter which she basically knew is just an accident. Her eyes drifted towards the cheeks, and to the high nose line of the sleeping medical student. Now Joohyun realizes why a lot of girls in her department are dying to get to know her. Joohyun doesn't know how to approach someone with mental health issues, and she doesn't know why the said medical student is coping up with those. There's like a sting on her heart to realize that this kind and sweet girl who kneeled just to wipe her wet skirt that time is someone who can't achieve a peaceful mind. Joohyun wants her best to know her. Joohyun is certain, but how can she show her affection and care to her when all she can do is to be mean and cold to her. Her eyes drifted to the wall clock it's really getting too late. "Seungwan?" the brunette pats her back as she tries to wake her up, she was a bit hesitant herself but upon seeing that the librarian is already starting to fix the chairs she was left with no choice but to wake the sleeping medical student. She heard a soft whimper from Seungwan who slowly opened her eyes. Their eyes meet and Joohyun's heart skipped a beat upon seeing those two seemed to be fluffy eyes of Seungwan. "The library is almost closing, I think we need to go." Joohyun gulps, it's the first time after their weird encounter that she initiated a conversation with the said girl. Seungwan's sleepy eyes was such a dreamy sight for Joohyun, she reached for her backpack before she stood up from the chair.

"I think I need to go, I don't want to annoy you any further." Seungwan was just about to head out of the library when she felt Joohyun's hand on her wrist, the confused med student stares over the business major, her eyes were filled with frustrations and cluelessness, Seungwan doesn't know why the person she likes is out here being weird because earlier the said girl was just throwing her random attitudes.

"I'm sorry..." Seungwan's eyes meets Joohyun's, the girl was now looking down before sighing, she really feels guilty that she treated the blonde that way, and she's even way more guilty after knowing that the girl is suffering. "If I throw a fit because of an accident, and most especially earlier. I didn't mean to say those." Seungwan's hand went inside the pocket of her jeans to stare right into Joohyun's eyes, she's trying to read every single emotion that comes out from the brunette.

"You're probably just talking to me after knowing my condition. You don't really have to feel sorry about me." Joohyun's words were blocked and she knows that the girl is like that because of her anxiety. Seungwan stares at her before she removes the hand on her wrist. The medical student was just about to head out of the library when she heard Joohyun's plead.

"No, I want to be your friend. Just like Joy." the brunette took the courage to hold Seungwan's hand, the latter's heart skipped a beat. Seungwan doesn't know what to say or what to do, all she knows is, her heart is already fluttering by the warmth the hands of the older lady is giving to her.

-

After 2 months.

Seungwan's eyes open as she heard a soft knock on her door. It is Saturday, a day reserved for Seungwan's me time, a time for her to binge watch her favorite netflix shows, a day without medicine related stuff. It's a day of  break for her. She lazily drags herself out from her bed, she's wearing an oversized tee and a blue pajama, her hands reached for her specs on the table before she groans and lazily drags herself near the door. "Seulgi why are you like this.. You know I fell asleep so late because I finished my parasitology homework."  she lowly whispered before opening the door. But Seungwan was shocked when she saw a slighter taller lady in front of her, on her hand was three boxes of pizza and resting on the floor was Seungwan's favorite bubble tea order. "Joohyun eonnie..."  a soft smile was seen on the face of the brunette while she's raising the box of pizza.

"Did I barged here to early?" a soft voice was heard from Joohyun as she eyes the blonde who looks so sleepy. Seungwan immediately shook her head as she opens the door of her own condo unit. It's not the first time that Joohyun went here, in fact it's her second time to be here. A few weeks ago, Joohyun went her to ask Seungwan with her homework. Joohyun took cautious steps as she went inside carrying the foods that she bought for the blonde. Knowing how invested Seungwan is when it comes to studying and she knows how often Seungwan skips her meals that is why during the past two months of being friend Joohyun really exerts her best effort to keep her healthy and tries her very best to remind her about her meals. "Sorry for my unannounced visit Seungwanie, I just heard from Seulgi that every Saturday is your Me day, netflix day... so... uhhh..."  Seungwan was smiling upon seeing how red Joohyun's ear is right now. She might be just fresh from her bed, but the sight is too adorable for her to resists. Joohyun is such a dream.  

"Eonnie, you can sit here first let me take a quick shower first before we start watching."  Seungwan points the couch facing her 72 inch smart tv. The brunette placed the foods down on the table before taking her seat. "I'll be quick eonnie!"  Seungwan heads back inside her bedroom to finally take a quick shower, her heart was beating so fast, the fact that she will spend her favorite day of the week, her Seungwan day with Joohyun makes her feel so excited. The cold weather makes Seungwan crave for a warmth that she's been wanting to feel. After a few minutes, Seungwan went out of her room wearing her hoodie and a sweatpants. It's her usual attire. "Eonnie aren't you cold? Do you want me to get some blanket?"  Joohyun shook her head and pats the space beside her on the sofa, the boxes of pizza were already opened, there were some soda and also her favorite grape fruit ade. It would be one of the most decent meal Seungwan had through out the week. Given that this week was a week filled with exams and laboratory works, the medical student can't find any spare time to grab proper meals. 

Seungwan sits beside Joohyun before she was offered a slice of her favorite cheese pizza. "What should we watch?" Joohyun asked before she leans her head on Seungwan's shoulders, Seungwan was holding the remote on her free hand as she browse the shows on netflix.  Joohyun took a bite from the pizza that she's holding as she ends up smiling when Seungwan chosen Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Her eyes drifted to Seungwan who took a sip on the bubble tea before she took a bite from the pizza.

Seungwan is so considerate, she moved closer to Joohyun to make sure she's comfortable, the brunette rests her head on Seungwan's shoulder as she watched the series. "Do you know eonnie that my first dream when I was a kid is to be an investigator?"  Joohyun listens to Seungwan's thoughts, she really loves how random Seungwan would get, and one of Joohyun's favorite things to do ever since she got closer to Seungwan was to listen to her own thoughts. She realizes how deep Seungwan is as a person. In the span of two months she was able to see some of the cutest side of the said girl, but she also saw how Seungwan broke down and was shaking when someone tried to disrespect her personal space after she had a very long day. "I'm always fond of looking at crime scenes and investigating it because of one happening in my life."  Joohyun immediately glances over Seungwan who's smiling at her. She smiles back and that's when she felt Seungwan's arm on her waist. "I can see that you're feeling cold  I'm sorry for doing this one."  if there is one thing that made Joohyun soft for the said medical student, it is her respect for someone's personal space. Joohyun really loves skinship especially for the people that she's very comfortable with. "When I was four years old, I live with my grandmother and my grandfather, we live in their house while my mom stays in Canada. Well I grew up without my mom, my dad left us even before I was born."  Joohyun blinks her eyes as she reached for Seungwan's free hand, she gave it a soft squeeze before holding it. It's the very first time that Seungwan tells her something about her past, Joohyun felt her heart skipped a beat when she felt Seungwan intertwined her fingers with her. "Like I grew up around Seoul with my grandma and my grandpa, that was one of the best moments of my life eonnie. Not until that one nightmare came." Seungwan's eyes was shaking as she continues to stare over Joohyun, the latter can only massage her hand as she stares at her too. Her heart was beating so fast. 

"If you're having a hard time Seungwan, you can stop. I understand."  Seungwan shook her head as she looks down on their intertwined hands, the blonde took a deep breathe before she took the courage to land a soft peck on Joohyun's hand. That act made Joohyun's heart beat faster. 

"I'm sorry eonnie.... I didn't mean to do it."  the blonde was just about to unclasped their hand together when Joohyun held it tighter. Seungwan blinks her eyes as she slowly meets Joohyun's eyes. There was no anger with in her eyes, but instead it was filled with the happiness and the warmth that Seungwan never expects. "Our house got robbed while me and my grandma was buying groceries, and as soon as we reached our house we just saw my grandpa lifeless there. No one knew, none of the neighbors heard him scream or asked for help."  Joohyun's heart broke when she heard those from Seungwan, it must be really hard for her to process everything at such a young age. Given that Seungwan was the first one to see her lifeless grandfather at the age of ten.  "Ever since that day, it became way more harder for grandma to live that is why I always take care of her, there were times were grandma will blame me for everything, but I will always understand it and will always apologize to her for that, I guess that is why I'm used to saying sorry every time I think I did something wrong."  Seungwan's soft chuckle was hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter