FIN - Trouble

Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TRIGGER WARNING: Some parts will include the topic about suicide. So if you're uncomfortable please skip this one. 

Credits to this prompt I found on twitter. A wenrene family au where Wendy picked up a wrong kid from the school and Irene just happened to meet their baby wandering around near her office.

-

The heaven knows for how many years Joohyun was in love with Seungwan already. It's been more than a decade since she meet her outside her school on a white day, holding some chocolates and without her knowledge that person would be the one she'll see at the very moment she opens her eyes, and the person whom she will share a wonderful family with. Joohyun was staring at the calm and beautiful face of her sleeping wife, she woke up quite early than their alarm, instead of heading back to sleep she admires how the tired cardiologist is sleeping right now. "Still my most hardworking baby." Joohyun whispers those before she stood up from the bed. She immediately ties her hair up before heading towards the bedroom next to them. A smell of fresh sheets and purple interiors welcomed Joohyun. Based on the baby monitor, her three year old Yoorim really slept well. Her hands went to fix the scattered toys that Yoorim left beside her bed. "Yoorimie baby it's time to prepare for school."  her mom's soft voice were like a lullaby for the kid. It made her shift into the other side of the bed. Joohyun let out a soft chuckle before sitting on the bed. "Let's go prepare for school baby. Mommy will drop you today."  Yoorim immediately scoots closer to her mom before snuggling into her neck.

"Good morning mommy."  the kid's soft voice was heard as she pecks on her mom's cheek. Joohyun stood up from the bed and turned off the air-conditioning inside the room of the kid. "Mama is still sleep?" Yoorim's speech was still not that perfect but Joohyun loves to communicate with her little baby.

"Yes baby, Mama's surgery ended quite late. She got home while our Yoorim is already in her dreamland."  she placed Yoorim on her highchair and gave her coloring books before she proceeds on preparing her wife and her little kid a heavy breakfast. Joohyun occasionally glances over her kid who's brighter than the sun at this hour, she's very happy that she got that positive vibes and energy from Seungwan.

"Mommy, teacher said, she needs talk."  Joohyun's eyebrows arched as she heard what her child said. She sees Yoorim pointing her school bag whom is identical to her bestfriend's bag,  Hanbyeol the daughter of Joy and Seulgi. Joohyun reached for it and waits for Yoorim to hand her a notebook.

'Parents teacher conference, 2PM schedule for Miss Bae and Miss Son.'

Joohyun bites her lower lip as she stares over her schedule that was sent by her secretary, she's kinda booked today, there's no way she can cancel the meeting and be there on time. She heard the bedroom door closed and saw Seungwan going down of the stairs. Seungwan immediately meets her wife's eyes upon seeing her troubled. "What's wrong?" the tiredness on her voice was still present as she went near her wife, she also leans to peck on her daughter's cheek. Her eyes drifted to the note before smiling. "It's okay, I'll go."  Seungwan answered before she sits beside Yoorim who got this like honey eyes as she stares over her mom. "Good morning Yoorim, can mama have a hug?" Joohyun tries to read the thoughts that runs into her wife's mind.  The obvious tiredness was still visible with in her eyes. Yoorim immediately went near Seungwan, her tiny arms were wrapped around her mom's neck. "Aigoo my Yoorimie. You're really growing fast, can you slow down for mama?"  she saw how Yoorim's clueless eyes meet her mom's eyes, that sight made Seungwan smile, the cuteness and the cluelessness was seen on the kid's face. 

"Mama you're a doctor but why are you asking me that?"  Seungwan's snorted before she brushed the hair of her little girl. The smile was still present on her lips, somehow all of her worries and thoughts from last night was now gone. Indeed her little one will always shine a light to her. 

"Yes baby, you can't slow down your growth. Just be with mommy and mama hmm?" Yoorim happily nods her head before squealing as soon as she saw the breakfast that her mommy Joohyun served. The kid went back to her seat with a smile present on her face.  

Joohyun sits on her usual seat, staring over her wife who's busy cutting the bacon into small pieces for Yoorim. Her hands even went to reached for her wife's hand which is on the top of the table, she lightly squeezes it. "Anything bothering you?" Seungwan just gave her a soft smile before she starts eating. Joohyun can only internally sigh as she stares over her wife who is trying her best to conceal everything. She's not stupid for letting it slide, she knows Seungwan for twelve years and she basically saw her at any state. 

"I'm fine, just tired from the back to back surgery." Seungwan responded as she saw that Joohyun's gaze was never leaving her. She reached for a slice of pancake and slipped in into her wife's mouth. "You go and eat, don't  mind me." Seungwan insisted before she starts to eat again. 

After a few hours Joohyun found herself waiting for her daughter to get inside her car, Seungwan was standing in front of her car, holding the door for their little girl who's excitedly holding her lunchbox. Joohyun meets her wife's eyes, it was glued over their little girl who obediently sits on her chair at the backseat. Seungwan was the one who fixed the seatbelt. "Mama, Yoorim will be going now." Seungwan responded with a nod before smiling at her daughter. Her eyes also meets her wife's. 

Joohyun opens her window and reached for the sleeve of Seungwan's pajamas so she can peck on her lips. "I love you, see you later." Seungwan smiles and nods her head again, Joohyun stares right into her eyes once again as she tries her very best to read the eyes of the surgeon. 

"I love you too, take care." Joohyun internally sighed before she waves her hand over Seungwan, the brunette also let the kid wave her hand before she speeds up heading to their destinations. 

-

Seungwan sits on the empty living room of the house, her hands went into her hair as she stares over their family portrait. She can only sigh while she's holding her phone on her hand, reading the message that she received from the head of the surgical department. 

'Doctor Son, the patient that was under your care committed suicide a few hours after your successful surgery. The family is requesting to talk to you. Please give us your free time. I know it's your off and it is supposed to be your rest day, but we need you here.'

She gulps the imaginary lump on before she sighs again, losing a patient is the most emotionally draining for Seungwan, through out the years of being a doctor she's still not used to that fact. 

"I just need to attend a conference for my daughter Doctor Choi, I'll be there as soon as possible. Please let me know about the convenient time for the family, I also want to pay my respect towards the patient.' 

After sending the message, Seungwan went inside their bedroom and dived into the bed. The house feels empty right now, and so does her heart. She wants to sleep to be able to gain strength after performing two surgeries yesterday, she got home at a very late hour and only had a two hours of sleep. But her mind seemed to be floating, Seungwan couldn't think straight right now. After a few hours, she finally made her way out of the house, after staying inside the shower for long. She's now on her way to pick Yerim up and to attend the schedule conference. 

Driving her car she received a call from her wife, Seungwan immediately answers it using her bluetooth earphones. "Are you already on your way to Yoorim's kindergarten?" Seungwan responded with a hum while her eyes were focused on the road. "Take care, and let us talk later when I got home. I love you Seungwan-ah." Joohyun was staring at the view from her office as she said those words, her heart is suddenly aching just by the fact that Seungwan seemed to be off ever since this morning. 

"I love you too, take care. I'll see you later."  Joohyun responded with a hum before she ends the call. Seungwan speeds up and in no time she reached the kindergarten. Yoorim was busy playing with Hanbyeol. She just waved her hands over Yoorim before getting inside. 

"Doctor Son, thank you for coming. I'm just here to give a report about your child's progress and her report card." Seungwan smiles over the report card that was shown to her. Indeed Yoorim will never fail them. "She's really into science and math, maybe because her parents are a very well known surgeon and a very know business woman."  a soft giggle escaped the mouth of Yoorim's homeroom teacher. "Plus Yoorim is a very lively and friendly kid. Everyone likes her Doctor Son." Seungwan can only smile like a proud mom as she bows over the teacher. After a few minutes she went out of the classroom and started looking for Yoorim. Her mind was already floating, as soon as she spots a kid with the same hairstyle and bag as her daughter she immediately carries it and drove away. 

Joohyun was sitting inside her office while she's busy reading a file that just came in. Her eyes drifted to her phone, it is very unusual that Seungwan didn't dropped her a message. "That's weird she usually let Yoorim text me once they're inside the car." Joohyun whispers before she closed the file on the top of her table. She pressed the call button for Sakura. "Can you bring me something to eat Sakura, anything heavy."  her secretary immediately waits for the elevator upon receiving the order. The brunette sighs as she continues to think about it. 

Just when she's about to get back to reading the files, her phone rang, it is a call from Joy, her bestfriend. "Joohyun!!! Oh my goodness! Why is Seungwan not picking her phone up!" her eyebrows arched as she can sense the outmost panic from the other line. "Your wife accidentally picked our Hanbyeol instead of Yoorim!"  Joohyun immediately stood up from her swivel chair, this is the first time that this happened. "Yoorim is not here! I don't know where she went!" that is when Joohyun lost it all. She rushes out of her office and started to press the elevator. Her heart was pounding fast, her daughter is missing and it's mainly because of her wife's mistake. She knew it, Seungwan was really not in her right state of mind. "Joohyun?" she can't hear Joy anymore, all she wants to do right now is to find her daughter. 

The world is harsh, Joohyun knows how harsh the world could be, it's cold, and she don't want her daughter to get cold or even get any scratch, she's been very protective of Yoorim that she can risk her whole life just to give everything to her daughter. The people ins

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter