Project X

Project X

The goggles were simply awesome.  Minseok had done it again.  And Jongin moved through the red threads of light with grace.  It could easily pass as a dance.

 

If there is one thing that Jongin is proud of, it was his flexibility.  Jongin knew it was what made him important.  Irreplaceable.

 

He was one of the earliest to join the team, due to his undeniable talent in avoiding traps, moving as light as the feather and as at the moment, dancing through the laser light security.

 

Jongin was practically a ninja.

 

The instruction he received from Junmyeon was clear - retrieve the katana, place it in a box and make his escape.  Follow instruction and create diversion.  He kept that repeated in his mind.  If ever needed, someone else will create a distraction.

 

But, as he placed the katana in the box, he could sense that something was indeed wrong.  He could not shed the bad feeling.  As it turned out, it was not without basis.

 

Someone appeared from behind the curtain at the end of the hall.  With a weapon, no less.  Jongin considered the possibility of him escaping safely.  Still a hundred percent.  With the heavy katana, it was lowered to seventy percent.  But he only needed to hold to the seventy percent chance until he met Kyungsoo, who was on standby with the crowd of guests downstairs.  After that, his chance will be ninety-five percent.

 

But, first thing first.

 

Before the shadow in front of him could even think of pulling the trigger, Jongin shot him first, at his hand.  Or is it her?  The gun fell from the enemy’s hand and Jongin heard a whimper.  A man.  Jongin smirked.

 

"So slow," Jongin mocked.  "For insurance, I'm gonna have to shoot you dude.  But don't worry.  Minseok has never provided me with those hi-tech guns.  This one won't damage you.  Almost like a dart, eh?  Except that it has something to paralyze your muscle."  Jongin smiled at the person in front of him and shot his left hand.  Then, he shot his right leg.  Finally, his left leg.  The man can only whimper and stare at Jongin grudgingly.

 

"There you go.  You won't die.  And I know you won't chase me either.  Not with all four limbs paralyzed.  But, don't worry.  I'm sending you some assistance."  Jongin gave his infamous smirk and fled the scene, purposely running through all threads of red.

 

The chaos ensued was a perfect distraction.  They will take time to find the source of breach, what with Chanyeol tampering with their CCTV images.  Still, Jongin ran as fast as an impala towards the lawn, where the party was held.  Then only he pretended to walk calmly.

 

But, as soon as he stepped out of the two-storeyed gallery, there was a deafening sound that Jongin was all too familiar with.  A shot was fired.  But in which direction?  A fraction of millisecond later Jongin felt wind singed through his hair at a very high speed.  A near miss!

 

Jongin rolled to the ground only to get back up again and resumed his running.  Shots were still fired and Jongin wondered if he could save himself this time.  Percentage of escapingFifty percent.

 

He knew someone ran after him.  He risked a turn and saw a...security guard?  Is he the security guard of the gallery?  He had a gun in his hand and he fired shots.  Jongin really didn't want to be kissed by the bullets.  So, he ran, while his mind was wondering about the whole situation.

 

They know.  They knew he came to get the katana.  That's why a person was stationed there.  They were ready when he came out too, to finish him once and for all.  The question is how?

 

With these thoughts jumbled out, Jongin didn't really think where he was going.  A person knocked into him and they both fell.  He looked like a college student who worked as a waiter for this event for extra money.  Jongin saw fear in his eyes.  But then there were two identical boxes on the ground.

 

Kyungsoo!  Jongin wondered which one was his.  But then the student waiter took his box and ran away from the chaos.  He was quite shaky on his feet but nevertheless ran like a cheetah.  Jongin would laugh if he didn't know the situation he was in.

 

The security guard was getting closer.  Jongin picked up the box and ran again.  This time the box was lighter.  He got the right one.  Percentage of escapingNow increased to fifty-five percent.

 

Jongin didn't know the direction Kyungsoo took to escape with the katana.  He didn't know if Kyungsoo would make it safely too.  His responsibility was his own escape.  But, he saw someone with a rifle at the corner of his vision.  That someone was aiming the rifle at him.  Percentage of escapingTwenty-seven percent!

 

In his haste, he didn't realise that the security guard was just right behind him. The I-can-grab-you behind.  He jumped and Jongin was tackled to the ground.  At the same time, the shot was fired.  For a second, Jongin was unable to move.  It was as if his brain stopped working.  Or maybe the world stopped moving.

 

At the next second, Jongin turned his head to see the shooter who aimed at him, wondering if the bullet missed him.  He still felt very much alive.  His view was slightly blocked by the security guard who fell with him, but Jongin could still see when the shooter fell to the ground, his brain sputtering out of his skull.

 

Somebody else shot the shooter.  Who?

 

Jongin didn't have time to actually think of the killer.  A sudden nudge to his ribs by the security guard shattered his thoughts.  Jongin rolled away from the security guard, who didn't make any effort to catch him.  Oh no!  Jongin knew him.  He wasn't just a security guard.

 

The guard looked at Jongin with his sharp eyes, hand clutching hard on the box.  Jongin got the message.  RunLeave the dummy box with himYou run faster without the box.  Jongin could hear Junmyeon in his head.  He took one last look at the guard, who looked like he was frowning(...in pain?) and made his escape easily.

 

+++++

 

Baekhyun looked into the scope, targeting no one in particular.  He was on guard duty.  Protect Kyungsoo.  The instructions were clear.  Junmyeon practically carved it in his brain.  Protect him but he can't know.  So here Baekhyun stood, at a window of the opposite building where Kyungsoo currently was.

 

Chaos will happen in the opposite building in a few seconds.  The chance of blood bath was still at zero percent if things went accordingly.  Jongin will knock into Kyungsoo and they will take their own escape route.  But one hour later, when he heard Sehun in his earpiece, he knew chances were high that he was going to kill more than he intended to tonight.

 

"They know.  They tail Jongin from the very beginning."  Baekhyun could hear Sehun's huffed breath.

 

"How are you on the ground?"

 

"Oh it's rainbow and sunshine down here.  What do you think?  I'm protecting Jongin!  Of course it's not fine, hyung!"

 

"Just asking.  Don't need to be so tense."

 

"I've shot three people already.  So yeah I have the right to be tense,"  Sehun paused and Baekhyun heard another shot.   "Jongin has spotted Kyungsoo.  When Jongin falls, I'm gonna shoot whoever moves around."

 

"Do you think they know that Kyungsoo's involved?" Baekhyun asked Sehun.  He was nervous and talking helped him get less edgy.

 

"Not sure.  Either way, he's gonna get shot too if you don't help me.  The moment they fall, Kyungsoo could be a collateral."

 

It was a nerve-wrecking moment for Baekhyun.  When they exchanged the box and Kyungsoo ran with the katana, Baekhyun was relieved that those scums didn't go after Kyungsoo.  Well, some did.  But, at least still a huge portion was focused on getting Jongin.

 

From the dynamic on the ground, Baekhyun could confirm that only three people followed Kyungsoo.  It looked like they were just making sure Kyungsoo didn't leave with anything.  Knowing Kyungsoo, Baekhyun believed none would see the black box he was carrying.  Trickster as expert as Kyungsoo would use the chaotic crowd to make the box hidden.  Trust Kyungsoo to do such things.

 

"I'm out of ammo!" Sehun reported.

 

"Kyungsoo is still out in the open, Sehun!  I can't just leave him.  He's my responsibility!"  Baekhyun still followed Kyungsoo's trail with his eyes, looking at people around him to see if there was any threat to Kyungsoo.  ", Minseok hyung!  Just how many did you provide Sehun with?"

 

"Just enough for his duty," Minseok answered.

 

"To protect Jongin?"

 

"No.  As a security guard." Minseok answered.  He couldn't hide the worry in his voice too.

 

"I'm gonna kill you and Junmyeon hyung when I get back to the HQ!" Baekhyun warned.

 

"We don't wanna blow the cover, Baek," Junmyeon answered.  "We can't risk losing Jongin.  If Sehun's cover blows and he's caught, we'll put Jongin at risk.  I thought we had discussed this."

 

The line was silenced.  Baekhyun was distracted as to how Sehun was receiving this.  You're really okay with this?

 

Finally, Chanyeol broke the silence.  "Are we trading lives here?  Because if this is what it is, then I'm out."  They heard Junmyeon sighed.

 

But then Sehun shouted again.  "Somebody's aiming at Jongin!  I don't have anything to shoot him with.  Baekhyun hyung!  I need your help!"

 

"Throw your baton at him, Sehun!"  Minseok instructed.

 

"Did it at the last person!" Sehun sounded desperate.  "I even threw my empty gun at the second last person!"  Nobody said anything.  "!  I'm gonna do it my way!"

 

At the mention of my way, Baekhyun risked turning away from Kyungsoo, praying that Kyungsoo would be safe on his own.  After all, Kyungsoo was already quite far from ground zero.  As he focused into his scope again, he saw Sehun throw himself at Jongin.  He looked like he was going to tackle Jongin to the ground, but then he saw an impact at Sehun's shoulder and blood sputtered out.

 

"No!  !"  He followed the line of the bullet and took aim at the person holding the gun.  He pulled the trigger.  A bullet to the head.  A head for a head.  If Sehun didn't protect Jongin with his shoulder, Jongin would be shot in the head.

 

Baekhyun couldn't take the image out of his mind.  So, he looked for others with a gun and pulled the trigger, again and again.  Seven more men went down, all with a hole in the head.  Then, the battleground went still.

 

He saw Jongin make his escape and Kyungsoo was nowhere to be found.

 

"Sehun?" Baekhyun called.

 

"Is everything alright, Baekhyun?" Junmyeon asked.

 

"Sehun!" Baekhyun called again.  "Chanyeol, look around!  Tell me how Sehun is!"

 

"Why?  What happened, Baekhyun?" Minseok asked.

 

"Sehun was shot!  And he's not responding!" Baekhyun started to panic.

 

"I'm looking at him through the CCTV.  He's not making any movements," Chanyeol informed.

 

"Dammit!  Sehun!  If you hear me, please respond!"

 

"Hyung?" Sehun finally answered.  His voice was so soft though.  "It's so quiet here.  Is it safe to speak?"

 

"God!  Sehun!  You give me a scare!  I killed everyone.  It's safe to speak.  It's safe to move.  How's your shoulder?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"Umm...it's bleeding?  I'm okay though.  Did Jongin escape safely?"

 

"He did," Minseok answered quickly.  "Both Kyungsoo and Jongin are with me in the van.  We are on our way to HQ."

 

"Good!  I'm going in to get Sehun then.  Sehun, I'm going in to get you," Baekhyun began packing quickly.

 

"Are you crazy?  Somebody might be lurking somewhere to get you.  Don't risk it, Baek!" Junmyeon said.

 

"Then, I suppose I should just leave Sehun to bleed to death.  Are you crazy?" Baekhyun mocked.

 

Junmyeon sighed.  "Do you have your night vision goggles with you?"

 

"Yes.  You have to ask?  Of course I have it," Baekhyun answered.

 

"Fine.  Chanyeol, disrupt the power system in the whole area, including the back up generator.  You are moving in the dark Baekhyun.  Activate the night vision camera for the car-"

 

"Yeah.  Yeah.  I know the drill.  Don't need to treat me like a kid."  Baekhyun rolled his eyes.  "Anyway, Sehun, how are you holding up?"

 

Silence.

 

"Sehun!"  Baekhyun shouted again.

 

"Yes, hyung.  Sorry.  I'm so sleepy.  You're going to switch off the light?  I'm just gonna take a nap while waiting for you."

 

"No.  No.  No.  Hey, Sehun!  Hey!  Don't sleep.  Talk to me!"  Junmyeon began panicking.  "Baekhyun, are you on your way?"

 

"I'm in the car!  Chanyeol!  The lights!"  The lights went off as soon as Baekhyun started his car.  He quickly activated the night goggles and camera.  "Sehun, keep talking to Junmyeon!  I'll be there in five."

 

"I'm really sleepy though," Sehun whined.

 

"Sehun.  Listen!"  Chanyeol instructed.  "Remember that game which you always lost?"

 

There was a pause before Sehun continued.  "I lost on purpose, Chanyeol hyung.  To let you win."

 

Eventually, the argument that ensued was what made Sehun stay awake.  When Baekhyun found him, he had almost slipped into the realm of unconsciousness though.

 

"I can't lift you into the car.  So you have to work with me, Sehun.  Just until you get into the passenger seat," Baekhyun said.  He carefully made Sehun sit, to which the latter groaned.  The wound bled even worse when Sehun didn't put pressure on it.  He felt worse.

 

"Hyung?" he asked from his reclined position when Baekhyun locked the car and about to put his seatbelt on.

 

"Yes?"

 

"I'm cold," he told the older man.

 

Baekhyun stepped on the accelerator and at the same time tried to count backwards from ten.  He needed to calm the down.  "Stay with us, Sehun."  When it was too quiet, he stole a glance at Sehun and saw the younger's eyes were already glued shut.  "Sehun?  Sehun!"

 

"Minseok hyung.  Sehun's unconscious.  I think...I- we need to get Jongdae!"

 

"He has been informed.  He's prepping.  And has called for reinforcement from HQ."

 

Baekhyun trusted his driving skill.  He could drive under pressure, even if he's being held at point blanc.  What he didn't trust was his heart.  It felt like it could escape his chest any moment now.  Baekhyun was afraid.  It wasn't the first time Sehun pulled a stunt like this.  He usually was a little bit too serious in doing his duty to protect Jongin.

 

Well, that was the only job Junmyeon had assigned to Sehun so far.  Protect JonginWe can't lose him.  Sehun, knowing how precious Jongin was, sort of beat himself up with thoughts that he was the least useful in the group.  So, it was only natural he acted the way he always did, to put Jongin's safety first before himself.

 

Sehun's short encounters with death had driven every team member on edge, especially the ones that had to save him, keep him away from death.  Now it was Baekhyun's turn, and he wasn't sure if he was going to die first due to a heart attack.

 

When Baekhyun safely arrived at the HQ, Chanyeol was there to gently extract Sehun from the seat and place him on the stretcher.  Sehun was wheeled into the emergency room, where Dr Kim Jongdae worked his magic out.  He always did.  Sehun was patched up again and again by none other than Jongdae.

 

"He will save him again, won't he?" asked Baekhyun, to which Chanyeol only sighed.

 

+++++

 

Two days later, they sat in their meeting room.  Well, it was the only room in their Operation Quarters that was not anybody's personal space.  It was not Minseok's lab.  It was not Chanyeol's computer room.  It was not Jongdae's medical wing.  It was not Junmyeon's library.  It was not Baekhyun's underground shooting range.  It was not Kyungsoo's kitchen.  It was not Jongin's gym.  It was not Yixing's makeshift office.  It was not Sehun's couch.  It was a common area with no chairs, no desks but a single projector facing a white wall.

 

Chanyeol was in the middle of the room, on his stomach, busying himself with his laptop.  Baekhyun lied beside him, reading a comic book.  Jongin was facing the wall, bouncing a small-sized ball against it and catching it again and again.  Junmyeon and Minseok were in deep discussion next to the projector, each with a tablet in their hands.  Kyungsoo sat at the corner of the room, working on his many deck card tricks.  Sehun sat at another corner, trying his best not to look annoyed while Jongdae beside him fussed with his arm slings.

 

"Guys," Junmyeon called, looking quite unsure of himself this time.  "Ummm...we need a different strategy.  Yixing is still holding the ground so well right now.  But, we cannot let him fight his battle alone while we are here together," he began.

 

Jongin gave Junmyeon an annoyed look.  He was still pissed at the fact that Junmyeon didn't tell him that Sehun was deployed in their last operation without him knowing.  To protect him, no less.  It was after Sehun tackled him that he saw Sehun.  To make the matter worse, he made his escape without knowing Sehun had been shot in his stead.

 

But, what could I have done even if I knew he was shot that time?  Jongin was aware that he would still leave, to avoid the cover blows.  But, knowing the fact doesn't make him less annoyed.  And it was easier to place all the blame on the strategy maker.

 

"Ahhh...I see.  New strategy is good.  Fighting together is good.  So, you're not gonna send Sehun and Baekhyun hyung to fight their battle alone like you did last time.  Finally, something right happens in our team," said Jongin, ensuring sarcasm is delivered to the intended party.

 

Chanyeol snickered and Minseok sighed, while Junmyeon took a deep breath.  Baekhyun smirked and sent a thumb up Jongin's way.

 

"Jongin," Minseok said sternly.  "We had a debrief.  Things couldn't go any other way.  We agreed with this," Minseok says.

 

"I beg to differ.  You could have issued Sehun with more ammo.  Or better weapon, you being the engineer," Baekhyun interrupted.

 

Minseok sighed in defeat.  Baekhyun was not wrong.  He couldn't have issued more bullets to Sehun, they agreed.  But, he could have invented some kind of undetected bulletproof vest that can be worn underneath a shirt.  He could have made the baton, or the walkie-talkie into a covert gun.

 

"You were saying something about Yixing hyung," Sehun interrupted.  He didn't like where the conversation was going.  They should be talking about rescuing Yixing and getting the nuclear weapon activation device.  Just ing save the world.

 

Junmyeon looked at Sehun, forever grateful for his assistance.  Sometimes it made Junmyeon think if he ever took Sehun for granted.  "We can't let Yixing forever hold the fort in China alone.  We need a new strategy.  We need to split up.  Some of us will be in China to look after Yixing.  While some of us here will look into more information about The Reds' HQ tower.  We need to know how to breach The Lead's office."

 

"I thought we had some information from the katana?" Kyungsoo asked.  After all the bloody mess they went through to get the katana, there should be something they could use from it.

 

"We have the blueprint from the building, and also where the device was stored.  We have some information about the system, but nothing that we don't already know," Minseok showed through the projector.  "This is useful to be used to escape the building with Yixing.  It is useful to locate the device.  But, it is not telling us how to breach the security system into The Lead's office and the highly secured safe where the device was stored.   We need more details.  Otherwise, we leave the building with Yixing but without the device.  And the nuclear will still go off."

 

"Which is quite stupid to be honest, after all we went through.  After all the risks Yixing hyung has taken," Chanyeol looked up from his laptop.  "Plus, they are already suspicious of him now.  I've got to say that he is really good at holding his ground there, alone no less."

 

"You're right.  He's good.  But, still it's risky," Junmyeon agreed.  "Which is why we have to split.  Baekhyun, Jongin and Minseok hyung will be sent to China in a covert operation to protect Yixing.  Kyungsoo and I will be here to find more information to help us get the device.  Chanyeol, you will be helping both teams from here.  Jongdae, I don't need to mention your job." Junmyeon looked at Sehun.  "You must recover fast.  You will be put on standby until further notice," Junmyeon instructed.

 

Sehun's face changed.  "So I am back to being useless again."

 

Jongdae snorted.  "Have you taken a look at yourself?  You can't go into a mission with that shoulder.  I won't allow it."

 

"So you ask Junmyeon hyung to put me on standby?" Sehun asked.  He clearly didn't have the energy for an argument but they all knew Sehun was too stubborn for his own good.

 

"Why don't you just sit back this time and watch me doing the protection job, huh?" Jongin said.  "Plus, you had only just almost died.  Again."

 

"The third time in ten months, Sehun.  I'm not sure if your body can take any more damage.  I'm not sure if we can take it anymore," Jongdae said.

 

"You are just being dramatic.  I didn't die.  And I'm fine," Sehun said with his poker face.

 

"If being fine means you went hemorrhagic and needed me to give you my blood, then I guess you are fine indeed," Baekhyun snickered.

 

"I expect you to listen to Jongdae, Sehun," Minseok said.

 

"What am I supposed to do then?  Sitting on the couch the whole time?"

 

"You are welcome to use the kitchen," Kyungsoo said.

 

"Or the computer lab.  No gaming though."  Chanyeol smirked.

 

"Or you can use the medical wing, seeing it is your favourite place after all," Jongdae so innocently threw his sarcasm.  "You keep returning, eh?"

 

And Sehun can only grunt in response.

 

+++++

 

Things were getting out of hand.  Junmyeon tugged his hair in frustration.  The other four looked at him expectedly.  The information they received this morning drove them to the edge.

 

“Yixing is imprisoned,” Minseok had said.  It took all they had in them to not take a flight to China.

 

They were tempted to save only Yixing.  But, all their efforts will go down the drain.  The nuclear weapon will be detonated and World War III would ensue. They needed the security detail to stop this.  The detail was located at one of the most highly guarded prisons in Korea.  To make the matter worse, the last intel they received told them it was currently guarded by one of the highly guarded prisoners.

 

“I’m going in,” Junmyeon decided.

 

“But our messenger is Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol refuted.  Jongdae sighed.  Junmyeon only stared at the table.  “You don’t understand Kyungsoo.  Only Jongin and Sehun do,” Chanyeol continued.

 

“Jongdae, how’s Sehun doing?” Junmyeon asked.

 

Jongdae looked at Junmyeon, totally against the idea.  “Junmyeon hyung...you can’t be-”

 

“You have any other ideas?  I suppose if it is not Sehun, it is either you or Chanyeol or myself.  Without Chanyeol, both teams in China and here will not be able to operate smoothly.  You are best to be on standby for medic.  I very much would like to go in, but like Chanyeol said, none of us here understand Kyungsoo except Sehun.  Or Jongin.  But, Jongin’s not here anyway.  So Sehun is our best chance.  So, I am going to ask you again.  How’s Sehun doing?” Junmyeon desperately queried.

 

Kyungsoo and Sehun looked at each other.  “We are still here in case you don’t notice,” said Kyungsoo, quite annoyed that they have been made like some characters in third person POV story.

 

Jongdae sighed and shook his head.  “I’m going to regret saying this.  Sehun’s shoulder is recovering well.  He’s able to move it.  But, no fighting.  He can just go in to get information.”

 

“Yes.  My shoulder’s fine.  Why don’t any of you just ask me directly?”  Sehun wasn’t really asking at this point.  He was more giving a snide remark.

 

“You know why, Sehun,” Junmyeon responded.  He couldn’t help but feel uneasy with his own idea.  But what choice do I have on this matter?

 

“So where are we now?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Sehun, you will be going in.  No fighting though.  Just get the details.  Kyungsoo will come to visit.  Relay the intelligence to him, or during your escape.”  Junmyeon instructed and turned to look at Kyungsoo.  “And you Kyungsoo.  Plan your disguise.  Do not blow Sehun’s cover as the prisoner.”

 

Kyungsoo only rolled his eyes.  “Pfftt.  Me?  Blowing cover?  Are you serious?”

 

+++++

 

He snorted.  The moment was perfected with an eye-roll and smirk.  " I can't believe this.  Out of all the people, my grandma visited me."  He emphasized for a more dramatic effect.

 

Kyungsoo would laugh at the allusion but refrained from doing so.  After all, he wasn't sure which direction Sehun was going at this point.

 

"Why?  Suddenly care about your bratty, useless grandchild?" The smirk, the eye-signal, the tone - Kyungsoo quickly received the hint.  Ahhh...Sehun is playing the ungrateful grandchild.

 

Kyungsoo began trembling and looked so unsure of himself, or herself.  "Are they treating you well, Hyukkie?"  His voice was hoarse and shaky, all towards behaving like a bullied-by-grandchild grandmother.  Not to mention the squeak, oh so dramatic.  Sehun always wondered how Kyungsoo easily changed his voice to imitate every being.

 

Oh, and Sehun was reminded that he took the honour to set the mood.  He got to give Kyungsoo the naming part.  It was their unwritten agreement since long ago.  But still, Hyukkie?

 

"Hyuk!" Sehun screamed and slapped the surface of the table.  Kyungsoo jumped from his seat and trembled again.  So good.  The prison guard warned Sehun.  "Hyuk.  Not Hyukkie.  I'm not your lovely, little grandchild like hyung is.  Oh, how is he by the way?  Last heard of him, he was sick.  Is he fine and dandy now that I am in this hellhole?"

 

Kyungsoo began producing tears.  Then, he sobbed.  Sehun wanted to laugh so hard if he wasn't worried about Yixing.  But, he couldn't wait to hear the news.  If Yixing died before they could save him, then it would all be a waste.  Not just Sehun's time in prison, everything.

 

"He's not fine.  He's hanging in there though.  The doctor decides to operate on him next month."  Kyungsoo continued sobbing.

 

In their standard language, next month meant thirty days from that moment, unless it was specified clearly.  Sehun calculated quickly in his head.  Yixing might die.

 

His expression hardened.  "Good!  Then maybe you want to help release me next week.  I can just go and threaten the doctor to move forward with the surgery.  Like two weeks?  What's the use of being tried as a murderer, right, if not to make people scared?"  Sehun ended with a big, maniacal laughter.

 

Kyungsoo sobbed harder.  Get you Sehun-ahYou'll get out in seven daysWe save Yixing a week afterBut how are you getting outAre you planning to get the detail within seven days?  "I can't get you out Hyukkie.  We don't have bail money."  Kyungsoo wiped her non-stop tears.

 

Sehun's expression hardened.  He kicked the table for a dramatic effect.  "I warn you, prisoner!" said the guard.  Sehun only scoffed and continued,  "ing old woman!  Use my money then!"

 

"Y-you have money?" Kyungsoo was back to square one.  No information, only possibilities.  He followed Sehun's steering.

 

Sehun squinted and began to talk in whisper, loud enough for the guard not to suspect anything but quiet enough for Kyungsoo's ears only.  "A USB stick.  Black with gold stripes.  All information is in there.  If you give it to me, I will get myself out.  ing useless old woman!"  He shouted the last part if ever the guard decided to suspect something.  He scoffed.  "Would trade the useless with the useful one anytime!  Who would want a useless grandma like you!"

 

The details are in a thumb drive, black with gold stripes.  The Reds' standard thumb drive.  They have a lot thanks to Yixing.  Kyungsoo needed to give a new, empty one to Sehun, so that he could sneak out the real one and replace it with the dummy.  What else Sehun-ah?

 

Kyungsoo feigned hurt.  "I'm sorry, Hyukkie.  Grandma will do what you want.  Is there more that I can do for you?"  Kyungsoo needed to ask.  So far Sehun had given him some information but Kyungsoo had a feeling it was not enough for a debrief with Junmyeon.

 

Sehun looked into Kyungsoo's eyes.  Tears were still there like a dam, waiting to release its potential.  "Don't come here again.  Don't even come with tofu on the day of my release.  Just send me my favourite bun."  Kyungsoo's eyes widened a fraction and Sehun knew he received the message.  Post through their daily delivery of food.  Kyungsoo can do it, but no conversation with Sehun at all.

 

"Guard, I'm done.  Take me back to my cell.  Who the hell asks me to meet an old woman in the first place."  Sehun complained.

 

Kyungsoo stood up and began bawling.  "Hyukkie!"  Sehun ignored and asked the guard to take him away.  "Hyukkie please.  Grandma will do anything for you.  I won't come to get you.  Hyukkie!  But, if you are released, do you want anyone to get you?  Send your hyung?  Send a helicopter?"

 

Dear Lord, Kyungsoo hyung played desperate grandma so well.  Sehun really would laugh if this was only their training session.  But, at the moment he didn't.  He couldn't.  Sehun gave one last look at his grandma and said, "Send Jongdae hyung."  Kyungsoo looked surprised.

 

Sehun then turned and walked away, desperately hoping that his plan would work.

 

+++++

 

When Junmyeon said he’s going in as the prisoners’ doctor, Jongdae didn't expect he would encounter an injured Sehun, the almost-die injured Sehun.  He thought it was clear when he said there should be no fighting.

 

Nevertheless, here Sehun was, curling on the stretcher, beaten to a pulp, with two stab wounds at the right side of his abdomen, one still had a makeshift knife stuck at it.  It was obvious that he was in intense pain, judging from the veins that stood out at his forehead and neck.

 

“What the hell?!”

 

“No time hyung.”  Sehun whispered.  He took Jongdae’s hand and passed him the USB drive.  “We can save Yixing hyung now.”  That was all he could say before his eyes rolled up and he lost consciousness.

 

It took all Jongdae’s strength to remain calm and secured the USB drive in a holder attached to his belt.  He was shaking when he tended to Sehun, wondering if he really would die this time.  Jongdae decided not to remove the assaulting weapon.  His preliminary deduction was a lacerated liver.  But, the question is did it get his vein?

 

When he was sure Sehun was stable enough to be transported, Jongdae called for a vehicle to take Sehun to the hospital.  Sehun needed immediate surgery and the prison medical wing was not equipped with the needed facility.  The chief warden was unhappy.  But Jongdae threatened that he would ensure the world knew about the fight that took place in the prison and a prisoner died under the chief’s observation.  He even threatened to make sure the chief lost his job.  In the end, the prison prepared an ambulance to take Sehun to the hospital.

 

As it turned out, Junmyeon was there all along, disguised as one of the prison officials to drive the vehicle.  Kyungsoo was already in the vehicle, as an .  Junmyeon told the chief warden that he would inform them once they reached the hospital.  But then he sped to the HQ.

 

Jongdae confirmed his fear as they did a CT scan on Sehun.  One stab wound had lacerated his liver.  The other one nicked his vein.  The only thing that had kept him alive, ironically, was the stuck knife, made out of a sharpened toothbrush.  Had Jongdae pulled that out, Sehun might have died on their way to the HQ.

 

And with that, Sehun escaped death again, for the nth time.

 

+++++

 

"We are still holding our ground here.  Jongin played well so far," Minseok reported.

 

"Good," Junmyeon answered.

 

The whole team, well, minus the one in China, were at the HQ, at their own operation quarters.  Junmyeon demanded to be connected to the team in China, for a debrief, hoping things didn't go south there, like it did here.

 

Hearing that Yixing's status didn't change was good.  He was hoping to hear that he was out, but he knew that was a luxury.  All in all, it was better than to hear him dead.

 

"Did you-" Minseok paused, assessing the situation from his screen.  Junmyeon looked tense, while Chanyeol looked dejected.  Kyungsoo sat very still, staring at his hands on the table.  Jongdae looked exhausted and Sehun was nowhere to be seen.  Minseok cleared his throat and asked again, "Did you have it?"

 

Junmyeon sighed.  "We have it.  We'll be on a flight to China tomorrow.  We will strategize together, save Yixing, get the device, stop another World War and be done with it."

 

Everyone could hear the frustration in Junmyeon's voice.  He rarely lost his cool.  Minseok could feel the stress level was high.  Baekhyun, who was looking at the screen from right beside him, could feel it too.

 

"Junmyeon hyung?" Baekhyun asked.  "Something happened, right?  Where's Sehun?"

 

Junmyeon didn't answer.  Instead, he asked.  "Where's Jongin?"

 

Baekhyun and Minseok looked at each other.  Junmyeon avoided their question meant the situation wasn't favourable.  They answered him nonetheless.  "Jongin's sleeping."

 

Baekhyun shifted a bit and showed Jongin sleeping soundly on a couch behind them.  All four heads at the other side of the screen looked up.  Upon seeing the second youngest safe, they released the breath they didn't realise they were holding.

 

"Yixing hyung?" Chanyeol asked.

 

"He's not injured.  He wasn't harmed.  Just imprisoned.  Until they can figure out if he's on their side or not," Minseok answered.

 

"Sehun?  How's Sehun?" Baekhyun was getting impatient.

 

Kyungsoo was back to staring at the table.  Junmyeon shook his head.  Chanyeol shut his mouth.  In the end, Jongdae answered.

 

"He's critical.  But, stable though.  He's being mon-"

 

"What.  Happened?" Baekhyun was seething.  What do you mean critical?

 

Junmyeon was unable to continue.  He knew they would come to this point, where rage took the best of them.  In this field, being injured was common.  They all had their fair share of injuries, even during their weekly combat training.

 

Their many operations e.g. XOXO, Exodus, EXO'rDIUM, ElyXiOn etc. were brutal.  Some members even left the team because being in this field didn't guarantee their safety.  But, what's left of them pulled through everytime, rode the waves to the shore.

 

This Operation EXplOration was different though.  Junmyeon didn't usually go by gut feeling, but this time he made it the centre of his strategy.  All these hideous feelings were confirmed when Chanyeol shared a particularly disturbing footage at the prison.  That was when they knew where the crucial piece of information was hidden.

 

And Sehun died retrieving it.  He died.  Well, Jongdae brought him back.  But, a few seconds back in the ambulance, they lost Sehun.  It was the longest ten seconds in Junmyeon's life.  That experience changed everything in him.

 

"I'm not gonna repeat my question," Baekhyun warned.

 

"We sent Sehun to retrieve the details.  Since Yixing hyung's life is at stake, Sehun strategized the quickest way to get the it," Kyungsoo paused.  "And things went messy."  He finished it softly.

 

"You sent him into the battlefield when he was still recovering from his injury?" Baekhyun asked.  Minseok was frozen beside him.  No one wanted to see Baekhyun enraged, let alone be with him in the middle of it.

 

Jongdae quickly answered.  "He's alive, Baekhyun.  And he would be bloody fuming if he knew that all his efforts were wasted on this argument instead of a strategy.  So, why don't all of us rest now?  We shall be on a flight to you tomorrow and when we get together, let us all come up with the best strategy to get done with this."

 

That shut Baekhyun up.  Minseok sighed in relief.  "Sounds like a plan," he said.

 

Before they ended their conversation, Junmyeon pleaded.  "Don't tell Jongin, please?  I will break it to him myself once we get there."

 

+++++

 

It was D-day.  Despite being safe in his makeshift prison, which was his office actually, Yixing can't help but get nervous.

 

He had not seen his team for months, safe for Kyungsoo, whose brilliant tricks had made them safely exchange information all these while.  He was bound to raise suspicion though.

 

Being in covert operation, acting in service of The Reds, he had failed many of their operations.  His advice and strategies lead to many failures of The Reds.  Three steps backward and one step forward was how he operated, and failing seventy-five percent of their operations would eventually make him being suspected.

 

When it did happen, Yixing sent his last encrypted message to Chanyeol.  Work has become too stressful.  I need a vacation.  Can't wait to see you guys.

 

A few days later, Jongin had joined The Reds as their informant.  Yixing was happy to finally see one of the members, although they had to pretend not to know one another.

 

Jongin played it well.  He fed their suspicion with information that would eventually lead to them confirming Yixing was the mole, but it will take a long time.  Jongin held the ground well with two steps forward and one step backward.

 

Finally, today would be the day where all hell breaks loose.  He didn't know their strategy, but he knew Jongin will get him and together they will steal the nuclear activation device and get rid of it.

 

So, he waited.

 

It was noon when his door was kicked open.  Jongin was messy but unscathed.  He quickly gave Yixing a gun, a few full magazines and a bulletproof vest.  He also provided Yixing with an earpiece and a watch.

 

No words were said but Yixing was familiar with the equipment.  He first plugged in the earpiece and then wore the watch.  The watch was activated as it detected his pulse and instantly, he was connected to their conversation.

 

"I'm in," Yixing told the team.  Jongin smirked at him.

 

"Welcome back, Yixing." Minseok said.  Then, there was a gunshot noise.  "Jongin, are you done?  Things are getting busier here."

 

"I'm almost there Minseok hyung," Baekhyun said.

 

"Jongin, please tell me you are done.  Because only Baekhyun and I here is not enough.  We're gonna need enforcement!  They have one hell of a security team here!"

 

"It's loading!" Jongin shouted.

 

Yixing quickly assessed the situation.  As far as he knew, Jongin was safe.  "Should I go to Minseok hyung?"

 

"No!" Junmyeon answered.  "You're gonna stay with Jongin and retrieve the device at The Lead's room."

 

"Copy that!  Jongin, how are we doing here?"

 

"Just a lil' bit more," he paused.  "Chanyeol hyung, we're in.  Can you access the Lead's room security now?"

 

"I'm in.  Will keep you guys updated."

 

"Baek!" Jongdae called.  "You and Minseok hyung ok?  Need me to come in?"

 

"We do need at least another person here," Baekhyun answered, out of breath.  "Minseok hyung is getting tired.  He's old."

 

"Screw you Baek!"  Minseok said.  "I'm not tired.  But, you are right.  We do need at least another person here."

 

"Junmyeon hyung, I need your greenlight."

 

"Go!"

 

"Sorry to interrupt, but do we have a clear path to The Lead's office?" Jongin asked.

 

"Working on it," Kyungsoo answered.  "Damn!  They have a few guys here too.  How many do they have?"

 

"Do you need me up there?" Chanyeol said.

 

"No, stay there!   We need you to disable the security of The Lead's room!"  Junmyeon shouted.  "Kyungsoo and I are holding it well here for now.  Yixing can help us later while Jongin retrieves the device.  Besides, we need you to execute the escape plan."

 

"Ahhh...I have disabled the security a second ago.  It's getting boring here in the van alone you know.  I'm just gonna get my wine and enjoy ear- Holy ! What the hell?!"

 

The door of the van was opened and Sehun came in, out of breath, sweaty, pale and shaky.

 

"What is it, Yeol?" Junmyeon asked.

 

"Gimme an earpiece!"

 

"The Sehun!  What are you doing here?" Chanyeol asked.

 

"Wait.  Sehun wasn't here from the beginning?" Yixing asked.

 

"No time, Yixing hyung. We need to clear the path to the room.  Quickly!"  Jongin shouted.

 

"The earpiece, hyung!  I need to know what is happening!"  Sehun demanded.

 

"You are supposed to be at the hospital Sehun.  How did you come here?"  Chanyeol queried.

 

"Hospital?" Yixing asked.  "Sehun was injured?  What did you guys do that Sehun had to get injured?  Nobody protected him?"

 

"Yixing hyung, please concentrate here!" Kyungsoo scolded.

 

"Chanyeol hyung!  The earpiece!" Sehun began scouring the van.

 

"And then what?  You'll go in and fight?  You died, Sehun, in case no one in the HQ told you when you woke up.  I'm not gonna satisfy your curiosity and then let you fight." Chanyeol tried to get the upper hand of the situation.

 

"Died?!  Sehun died?!" Yixing screamed.  "What happened?!"

 

"Yixing!  Focus!" Junmyeon instructed.

 

"The earpiece!  Or I'm gonna go inside fighting blindly without knowing what happened," Sehun threatened.

 

"Damn it!  Just give him the damn earpiece!"  Minseok shouted.

 

Chanyeol took the extra earpiece and watch and gave them to Sehun.  Sehun quickly put on the watch and placed the earpiece inside his right ear and said, "I escaped the hospital and saw the agency is flying here today.  I got onto the flight undetected.  How dare you guys leave me behind!  Now fill me in!  What is currently happening?"

 

"You were unconscious when we left, Sehun.  You were critical.  When did you wake up?" Jongdae asked.

 

"Yesterday.  What is currently happening?"  You left me there for five days!

 

"Minseok, Baekhyun and Jongdae are fighting to hold the security team in the basement.  Yixing, Jongin, Kyungsoo and I are clearing the path to the room at the topmost floor of the tower," Junmyeon answered.  "Sehun, do you know why the agency flew here today?"

 

"That, I dunno.  Do you need my help anywhere?"

 

"We're holding it quite well in the basement.  Just stay with Yeol," Baekhyun replied.

 

"Same here at the top.  Jongin is in the room already."

 

"Guys, we have a problem here!"  Jongin interrupted.  He had paralyzed The Lead and was currently checking the system with Yixing.

 

"Have we ever not had one?"  Baekhyun asked sarcastically.

 

"The nuclear device.  It is activated,"  Yixing said.

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.  "We can disable it right?  With the thumb drive from the prison?"

 

"We did," Jongin said softly.

 

"But?" Sehun asked.

 

"It activated another nuclear bomb, right here in this device." Yixing continued.

 

"!  Are you sure?  Chanyeol!  Are you seeing this?"  Junmyeon asked.

 

Then they heard the diabolical laughter from The Lead.  It creeped them out and made their hair stand.  "They are twins.  If you disable the other, you will enable another.  The system is programmed this way so you can't stop it.  The war will break either way.  The difference would be who started it."

 

"He's telling the truth, hyung.  The system is designed to support one another.  The only way to stop it is not to disable the device but to disable the whole system." Chanyeol said.

 

"So you are saying if we stop the bomb in the other city, we will vaporize in, like what, 30 minutes?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

"Affirmative."

 

"How do we disable the system?  Can we disable the system?"  Minseok asked.

 

"Easy.  I have a virus ready to shut down this system.  But, the security is high.  I need to infect from inside.  I need to get into their server to do this."

 

"Where is the server room?  Can you get there the soonest?"  Junmyeon asked.

 

"Level forty-one of the tower.  Since the emergency system is disabled, there's no elevator to take us directly to level forty-one.  We need to take an elevator to level thirty-five.  Then, exchange to another elevator to level forty-one.  I can do that, but our exit protocol will be executed later than targeted time, which actually should already begin."

 

"!" Minseok cursed.  They cannot enable the emergency system.  The police will be here in no time if they do that.  And they are supposed to execute the exit protocol now.  The twin system was not something they had suspected.

 

"I can go in and plant the virus thumb drive to the internal server."  Sehun suggested.

 

"What?" They shouted synchronously.

 

"Well, think about it, hyung.  If nobody comes in for the server room, this whole city will vaporize, including us, unless you want to allow the other city to vaporize.  If Chanyeol hyung comes in, we save the world but high chance your exit will be a mess.  Some of you might end up getting killed.  If I go in, high chance all of us exit fine and dandy and the world is still saved," Sehun reasoned.

 

"But you are still injured, Sehun-ah," Jongdae said.

 

"I escaped alone, getting onto a flight undetected and finding you guys here by myself.  Yes, I'm in a lot of pain but what makes you think I cannot take a few elevators up?"

 

"It might be dangerous," Yixing said.

 

"You are fighting people in the basement and the topmost floor.  The others are empty.  That can't be dangerous."

 

For a few seconds, no one spoke.  Then, Minseok voiced.  "I agree with Sehun.  Junmyeon, will you give us the greenlight?"

 

Everyone held their breath for Junmyeon's decision.  "Fine.  But, report to us every floor you stop at, Sehun-ah," he agreed.

 

Sehun quickly wore a bulletproof vest and armed himself.  Chanyeol gave him a thumb drive and he began his mission to the designated floor.  As the door of the elevator opened, he reported.  "I'm at thirty-five.  Exchanging elevator.  Where should I go, hyung?"

 

"The left.  When you turn the corner, you will find the elevator," Chanyeol answered.

 

"Alright.  For the others, commence the exit protocol," Junmyeon instructed.

 

The sound of fighting ensued as the others began extracting themselves from the building.  They need to ensure the remaining Reds that are alive are locked in the room.

 

"Hyung, you said take the elevator?" Sehun asked again.

 

"Affirmative."  Chanyeol answered.

 

"The elevator's broken.  There's something fishy here."

 

"What?"

 

"I'll take the emergency staircase."

 

"What?!"  Jongdae said.  "Sehun, you can't take the stairs six floors up.  You just had a surgery.  And you just woke up yesterday!"

 

"What do you mean I can't?  Of course I can take the stairs."

 

"Once I'm done here, I'm going up to you, Hun," Jongdae said.

 

"Alright.  I'll probably be down by- !"  Sehun was surprised by a kick to his head.  Luckily, he avoided that.  A man in a mask was trying to stop him from getting to the staircase.

 

"What's going on?  Sehun!" Junmyeon began panicking.

 

"There's someone here!"  Sehun shouted, and then there's a sound of struggling, something beating something and then the sound of laboured breathing.

 

"Sehun?" Jongin tried again.

 

"Someone was here.  I knocked him down.  But he will probably follow me up when he's fine again.  Where should I put the thumb drive, hyung?"

 

"Second row, fourth shelf, fifth drawer.  Just plug it in and then find someplace to hide.  The right corner, there's a store room.  Stay there until someone gets you.  Don't fight, Hun-ah.  You don't sound so good, your pulse doesn't look good," Chanyeol answered quickly.

 

"Everyone heads for your designated van.  Kyungsoo and I will get Sehun.  No buts." Junmyeon instructed.

 

"Plugged in!  I'm going in.  I can hear him coming," Sehun whispered.

 

"Alright.  I'm spreading the virus.  Nuclear system is shutting down in 10 seconds.  Stay quiet, Hun."

 

Sehun followed instructions this time.  He wasn't sure if he could stay conscious.  The morphine had long gone and the pain increased tenfold.  His wounds were bleeding again.  He stayed quiet and looked from a slit in the door.  His assaulter was here, and he had taken off his mask.

 

"Yeol hyung?" Sehun sounded different.  "You're in the van, right?  You didn't come to get me, right?"  He didn't sound scared, nor was he disappointed.  He sounded confused.

 

"I'm still in the van, Hun.  I'm monitoring the system.  And the exit protocol," Chanyeol answered.

 

"But Kyungsoo and I are coming soon," Junmyeon reaffirmed.

 

"Okay," Sehun said.  He looked through the slit again.  Someone else was coming.  A smaller man, but more vicious.  Did the pain cloud my mind?  Sehun thought it was weird, but the smaller man fought Sehun's assaulter, beat him unconscious and took him away.

 

"Baekhyunnie hyung? You are following Myeon hyung's instructions right?" Sehun asked.

 

"Yes, Sehun-ah.  I'm with Minseok hyung and Jongdae.  We are getting out of the building.  You need me?"

 

"Oh no.  No.  I'm fine here.  In fact, I'm safe.  Someone had taken down my assaulter.  But Myeon hyung is still coming, right?  I don't think I can walk.  I'm so tired.  I wanna sleep…"

 

"Stay awake, Sehun-ah.  We're on our way to you," Kyungsoo reassured.  His voice was so soothing and Sehun closed his eyes as he fell into oblivion.

 

+++++

 

"Sir?"  The woman looked at the man before her, wondering if he was alright.

 

But of course, he always was.  She was sure he had moments when things didn't go his way.  However, knowing him, he always kept his emotions at bay and focused on finding solutions.

 

"Are they alright?" The man asked.  He was at the corner of the lab, looking at the computer.  She was unsure if he was working on something.  He looked like he was just staring at the screen.

 

"Yes, sir."

 

The man nodded.  She had been working with him for so long now.  She started from the ground - being shot at and also shooting at.  Now, she was one of the leading figures in the organization, the right hand person to this man.  She knew it was hard for him to come to this decision.  But, he always chose what's appropriate.

 

"They deserve the break," he said.

 

The woman nodded once.  Then, her expression changed to a display of curiosity.  "For how long?"

 

"A year," he paused.  "Or maybe two."

 

That was short.  But, necessary.  She nodded again.  The man left his computer and walked towards the nine cylindrical tanks that occupied the lab, each large enough to place an adult man.  Well, they actually did contain men, except for Tank One and Tank Seven.  The occupants of Tank Four and Tank Six were just being put back this morning.  The woman looked at the older man, trying to find out what he was thinking.

 

"Did they know? About X-Chanyeol?" Asked the woman.

 

"Only Chanyeol and Junmyeon.  Chanyeol saw him through the prison's CCTV.  He told Junmyeon," answered the man.

 

"Did they know that you sent X-Baekhyun to get X-Chanyeol?"

 

"No, they didn't."

 

The lady nodded.  For a moment, silence engulfed them.  She stared into the transparent tanks too, looking at these men, all dressed in black with wires and tubes connected to their body.

 

“What is your plan now?” she asked again.  “Are we continuing with Project X?”

 

The man shook his head.  “Yes.”

 

“Even after what happened?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Silence again.  The security breach at their research facility was unexpected.  The enemy used their specimen against them.  But, the project was proven successful.  The specimen did work when it was programmed.  He couldn't bring himself to cancel this.

 

The man sighed and held one tank.  It contained the clone of the youngest EXO member.  “We were only careless.  It won’t happen again.  We will give Project X an upgrade in security.  We will test again in two weeks.”

 

The woman nodded.  “If EXO is on break, who are we going to send for missions?”

 

“We have a group of lovely ladies, don’t we?  Prep them.  We have local missions we need them to work on.”

 

The woman nodded again and made a move.  The man followed from behind.  “BoA?”  The woman turned.

 

“Yes, Mr Lee.”

 

“Make sure the lab is locked.”  The man said and threw a lock and a special access card to her.  She caught it expertly.  “We will revisit after two weeks.  No one knows.”

 

And he left.

 

+++++

 

Sehun woke up to a very calm surrounding.  There were beeping sounds, clicking sounds, pages of paper being turned, the scratchy sound of a pen as it was being moved on a piece of paper and the clanking sound of someone stirring his drink.

 

He was still exhausted and sore, but he was back at being horizontal, safe and comfortable on a bed.  Someone was holding his hand.  He looked to his right.

 

Junmyeon was sleeping on a chair, his head was on Sehun's bed.  Sehun was sure he was going to get an ache in his neck when he woke up.  Yixing was also sleeping on a chair at the left of his bed, leaning against it.  It looked like Yixing was not going to let go of his hand soon.

 

Jongin was sleeping on a couch, with his legs on Kyungsoo's lap.  The latter was asleep too, leaning against the back of the couch.  Minseok was drinking his coffee, his eyes staring at the view outside the window.  Chanyeol was with his laptop, most probably gaming.  Jongdae was reading a book at the coffee table.  Sitting opposite him was Baekhyun, writing on a piece of paper.  It was probably the draft of the mission report.

 

As if Baekhyun could hear him thinking, he looked up from his paper to Sehun.

 

"Sehun-ah, you are awake?"  He stood up and walked to him.  He took Sehun's right hand and gave it a squeeze.  "How are you feeling?"

 

"Exhausted."  His voice came out barely a whisper.  Baekhyun quickly wet a tissue to wet his lips.  The water helped clear his throat a little bit.

 

Their conversation caught the attention of the others, including those who are sleeping.  Jongdae looked at his monitor.  "You are fine Sehun-ah.  Need anything?"

 

He shook his head.  "The morphine helps already."  They laughed.

 

"Baekhyunnie hyung?  What do I always say to you everytime you answer my phone call?"

 

Baekhyun frowned but answered nonetheless.  "Ahhh...thank you Baekhyunnie hyung.  Why do you ask?"

 

Instead of answering him, Sehun turned to Chanyeol.  "Chanyeol hyung, what did you always say to me when we were deployed for Operation WAL?"

 

"Just us 2, Sehun-ah.  Just us 2.  Are you sure you're okay?"  Chanyeol asked.

 

"'M fine.  Just wanna make sure it's really you," Sehun answered with a smile.

 

They looked at each other.  "Is there anything you wanna tell us, Sehunnie?" Junmyeon queried.

 

"I'll tell you when I wake up."  With that, he fell asleep again.

 

As curious as they were, they let Sehun have his rest.  He deserved it.  Whatever Sehun needed to tell them, they will find out later.

 

---------

 

Please do comment on my ramblings.