Chapter 1

er For You

           Hyukjae would rather be caught dead than be seen simping and throwing himself on social media over a hot, muscular, YouTuber named Lee Donghae. His friends think he’s still not over from the past girlfriends he casually flirted and hooked up with back then, and he doesn’t care if they keep thinking that way.

 

           Thus, he hides behind his private aka anonymous @eunhyukee who earned the Top Fan badge in Facebook, has most likes in YouTube comments when he says stuff like “CAN YOU MAN HANDLE ME LIKE HOW YOU GRIP ON THOSE WEIGHTS?!?!!?” or “can i that sweat of your neck sir?”.

            For all his family and friends now, he’s just a cool and timid guy who checks out girls anytime he sees it. But then, Hyukjae doesn’t really want to bother clearing up his image. He’s fine without anyone knowing about his massive crush and binge watching Donghae’s vlogs at night.

 

-------

 

            But one day, he chokes in while drinking his beer in a gathering with his friends when his Leeteuk hyung introduces a cousin of his to them. With a toothy grin and charming face, Lee Donghae waves at them. His friends, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, and Shindong greeted him but their attention turned to Hyukjae who was coughing badly from his beer.

            Hell, Hyukjae had no idea they would first meet in person like this. He was choking on not on Donghae’s , which he probably dreamt of for a while now, but on his stupid beer and now he looks like an idiot. He suddenly feels strong hands rubbing his back.

            “Are you okay? Do you want some water?”

            Frozen and eyes widened, Hyukjae turns around splutters a quick “I’m okay now!” while nodding his head and his brain is going haywire with this interaction. They haven’t said hi or hello but here was Donghae touching him already. On top of that, he is actually sweet and caring.

            He is definitely the man of my dreams.

            “Don’t worry too much Donghae, he’s fine. It takes more than that for him to die.” Leeteuk waves him off. “Eat some snacks with us first!”

            Desperate to redeem himself, Hyukjae stood up and volunteered to get more snacks for the new visitor.

-----

For some reason his hands feel clammy and he wanted to get a hold of himself because damn, his online crush for months is finally in front of him. He breathes heavily and eyes the surroundings in the kitchen frantically.

            “Come on Hyukjae, act normal.” He mutters to himself. He touches his cheeks and they feel so warm he wonders if he’s tipsy or is it his blood rushing.

            Is he happy to meet Donghae? Hell yes. Is he prepared to meet Donghae right now? Probably not.

            He opens his phone camera and checks his appearance and he moaned at how awful he looks right now. Aside from his flushed face, his dark hair was untamed, his lips were wet with alcohol, and his loose shirt was too comfortable for gatherings like this but not presentable if you want to impress someone. Running a hand through his hair, he tries to tame it a bit.

            “Way to go Eunhyukee, this is not the fanmeet you dreamed of. You’re ruined.” He groans.

            What Hyukjae doesn’t hear from all the whining he is doing is Donghae walking inside the kitchen.

---

“Hyukjae hyung is so stupid” Kyuhyun remarked when he saw Hyukjae hurrying towards the kitchen. However, Leeteuk does not tolerate the nasty attitude of his younger friend and smacked his head. The younger yelped and glared at his hyung, but didn’t speak further.

 

“Maybe I should try to help him bring snacks?” Donghae offered. He was new to this group of people but Ryeowook and Shindong were friendly enough to chat with him immediately.

 

They find out he’s quite popular in YouTube after Leeteuk boasted his Silver Play Button. Shindong congratulated him and says he is also on his way to 100K subscribers with his gadget review channel, while Ryeowook says his song covers will get him more subscribers first. Leeteuk began to talk about his cooking channel and YouTube live radio and Donghae knows he’s not gonna end chattering soon so he slips away from them and went to the kitchen.

 

He suddenly heard and groaning sounds from the kitchen so he thought something happened to Hyukjae, but he sees him running a hand on his hair with his eyes closed and Donghae thinks his throat suddenly became dry. Because the man was wearing a loose t-shirt, the sleeves have rolled up and Donghae can see milky white biceps the veins in his arms.

 

The side view allowed him to see the defined jaw and he feels his lips parting at the sight of the man in front of him biting his plump and red lips. He wonders if it still tastes like the beer he was drinking a while ago, and he stared for a while until he heard him mutter, “Way to go Eunhyukee, this is not the fanmeet you dreamed of. You’re ruined.”

 

Donghae thinks he might have heard wrong but Hyukjae say Eunhyukee?

 

“Uhm, Hyukjae? Are you okay?”

 

Hyukjae almost dropped his phone in surprise and his eyes widened upon seeing Donghae who was looking at him curiously. , did he hear him?

 

“I’m fine! Yes I’m fine.” Hyukjae isn’t sure if he’s telling this to Donghae or he’s convincing himself. “Were you waiting for the food? I’m sorry I’ll bring it back immediately there.”

 

“No, no. It’s okay! I wasn’t waiting to long, I wanted to help you bring it there anyway.” Donghae told him. “Uh, what’s your name again? Hyukee?”

Hyukjae gulped loudly but cleared it up immediately. “No it’s actually Hyukjae.” He chuckles nervously. He grabs himself a glass of water and downs it quickly while he hears his heart beating loudly.

 

“Oh okay, Hyukjae. Got it.” He grinned towards Hyukjae and thank goodness he’s done drinking water or else he would choke on it again.

He’s watched all of the videos Donghae upload on YouTube, likes all of Donghae’s selfies, and yet nothing compares to the experience of seeing him in front of his eyes looking even better than he already is on screen. To add to that, he was wearing a hoodie but it didn’t hide the fact that his muscled body that he ogles at in videos were underneath it. If he wasn’t in his right mind he would’ve kissed him already.

 

 “But can I call you Hyukee? I think that sounds nice.” Donghae suddenly tilted his head in suggestion. “And I hope we become friends, you know, since you’re close with Teukie hyung too.” He trailed off a bit. Donghae was now staring at Hyukjae’s surprised face. If he thought the man was good looking earlier, he looked absolutely adorable right now.

 

“Uhm, yeah sure, why not? Haha. Yeah, let’s be friends.” Hyukjae replied, nodding and probably looking stupid again. Why can’t he be the normally cool guy he is? His mind is internally screaming.

 

“Hyukjae, Donghae, bring more drinks here we’re all out!” Ryeowook’s clear voice hollered from the living room. They began to grab the food and drinks from the table and returned quickly to their friends.

 

---

“As I was saying, everyone here is probably a YouTuber except Hyukjae! When are you gonna start making your own content?” Leeteuk exasperatedly exclaimed. They have been bugging Hyukjae do film his own vlogs when all others began to open their channels but Hyukjae cannot be bothered. He simply preferred to entertain himself and watch the contents from things that interest him, or people he likes. Something like 10% funny and cute videos and 90% Donghae HARU videos. But of course, he cannot admit that to his friends.

 

“I don’t have much creativity and effort to actually edit videos and make myself look presentable for the cameras for a long time.” He complained. His friends cannot sway him so easily like that.

 

“Yeah hyung, you cannot be bothered because you’re too busy watching .” Kyuhyun cackled and it was supported by agreement from Ryeowook, “He probably binge watches those at night.”

 

“You maknaes and your dirty mouths!” Hyukjae hissed. “I do not binge watch , I watch videos on YouTube.”

 

“What kind of videos?” Donghae suddenly asked. Hyukjae’s breath got caught in his throat and he started fake laughing to hide his nervousness.

“Just random videos. You know, funny videos and stuff.”

 

Ryeowook suddenly joined the exchange. “Hyukjae hyung, have you seen Donghae hyung’s videos? He uploads a lot of content! Here, look.” Suddenly he shoved his smartphone in front of Hyukjae’s face and he is greeted with the sight of the familiar YouTube channel that he knows by heart.

 

“He’s really impressive, he goes to gym, makes healthy food, and shows videos of himself driving. The ideal cool guy.” Kyuhyun commented. Donghae thanked younger for his praises and ran a hand through his hair.

 

“Yeah it’s nothing much really. I am motivated to keep updating because some of my subscribers are really supportive and keep commenting on my videos.”

 

Hyukjae was looking at Donghae when he said this and he felt his heart warm at the thought of his crush appreciating fans’ support. I will definitely comment even more now.

 

Ryeowook was casually scrolling through Donghae’s vlogs when he suddenly laughed in his high pitched tone. Everyone turned to look at him and he showed his smartphone. It was a video of Donghae working out in the gym.

 

eunhyukee : CAN YOU DO PUSH-UPS IN FRONT OF MY FACE INSTEAD??? I WOULD THANK YOU FOR THAT

 

Shindong was the first to laugh out loud upon reading the comment loudly. Donghae also chuckled but Hyukjae was blushing madly.

 

“Yah Donghae, your fans are wild!” Kyuhyun laughed. “I only stream games but yeah, sometimes I get comments like they want my fingers to work on them instead of the mouse. They’re crazy but they amuse me.”

 

“Hyukjae, you like going to the gym right? Maybe you should join Donghae sometimes. He nags me to come with him often but I’m busy and I can’t be with him.” Leeteuk suggested suddenly.

 

Me? Witnessing Donghae all hot and sweaty in his dri-fit shirt flexing his muscles? I would drool for sure. Hyukjae thought.

 

“I could use some company at times. Someone to help me with vlogging too. Do you mind Hyukee?”

 

Donghae was staring straight into Hyukjae’s eyes and he doesn’t know if it’s just him but there’s tension and electricity in the air around them but Hyukjae nods anyway.

 

“Sure Donghae. Just call me when you need someone.”

 

Hyukjae responded about going to gym but in his mind, his answer also meant whenever Donghae felt lonely or needed someone to warm his bed. Anything works for him if he gets to be with his ultimate crush.