2 :))

Midnight blues

The light peeked through the curtains of Chaeyoung’s room, illuminating the older girl’s face. Mina opened her eyes slowly, finding the light seeping in disturbing. Next to her laid Chaeyoung still in a deep sleep. She must have been tired. The penguin smiled and observed the younger’s face from her blonde hair, her many tattoos and her pink, plump lips. Mina traced her thumb under Chae’s lip gently not to wake her up. Mina looked with longing at her lips and the cute mole below them. She looked kissable, the penguin thought. The penguin ran her hands through the cub’s hair gently as she stared softly at the younger girl.

 

Chaeyoung had always known that she wasn’t straight, that she liked women, but she had never been so sure that she like women than in this moment. She opened her eyes and looked at the angelic girl staring back at her. She smiled her dimpled smile followed with a goofy laugh that lit up the room. 

“Good morning, were you going to stare at me for the whole day?” she asked with a hoarse,deep voice

Mina flushed a deep red and slapped Chaeyoung’s shoulder in embarrassment

“Of course not!”, she shouted in a not-so-loud voice, “I-I was just observing” she grew an even deeper red as she looked around at everything but the cub.

Chaeyoung let out a hearty laugh as Mina stared at the marvellous sight. Waking up to Chaeyoung next to her is something she could get used to. In fact, she hoped that it would happen for many days to come. However, both their schedules are extremely packed and extremely different. Sometimes Mina would come back to the dorm when the younger girl was sleeping or vice versa. It was a miracle that she even got to see Chaeyoung last night.

“Are you okay?” the cub interrupted her train of through. Mina simply looked at her and nodded and smiled.

 

They laid in silence for a few moments, basking in each other’s presence. The noises of keys rattling and bickering could be heard in the silence of the room.

“Nayeon and Jeongyeon must be home.”

Chaeyoung chuckled at the statement, she had only been living here for a few months but everyone could tell when Nayeon and Jeongyeon arrived because of their constant arguing. It’s not like they were a bad couple -it’s quite the opposite. Actually, they are teeth rottingly sweet to each other behind closed doors, they even share a room.

 

The older girl yawned and got up from the bed to the bathroom. She got out a few minutes later after brushing her teeth and smiled at the groggy Chaeyoung laying in bed.

“Wanna go somewhere?” she questioned

The younger girl nodded and inhaled deeply before getting up and doing her own morning routine.

 

She looked stunning in the morning -Mina had to admit- and she found it hard to take her eyes off of the younger.

“Staring again?”

Mina quickly looked away and groaned in awkwardness.

“Maybe” she mumbled and rolled her eyes.

Chaeyoung let out a deep-voiced chuckle that made Mina’s face heat up.

 

She looked down at the girls hands, following their movements. The younger girl looked at Mina as she observed her peacefully while a blush crept up her face. The way Mina looks at her so calmly, it makes her feel pretty, it makes her feel special. 

 

Chaeyoung was always an observant person, she was usually the only person who could actually understand Mina in most situations. She was always the one to notice small things. She noticed the quiet stares, the blushes and, of course, the cute smiles. 

 

Both of them stayed in this almost domestic environment for a while, they never needed to do much to enjoy their time together.

“Where are we going?” Chaeyoung broke the silence with an inquisitive look on her face.

“I was thinking we could go on a walk and maybe grab some food, i have all of today off after all.” Mina replied

 

As soon as they stepped out of the room, they were greeted by 2yeon cuddling on the couch.

“What were you guys doing in there?” Nayeon teased and raised her eyebrows. Jeongyeon let out a quiet chuckle. The younger girls looked in opposite directions, too embarrassed to even be facing the same way.

“Nothing unnie, stop being weird.” Chaeyoung replied through gritted teeth.

“Okay, whatever you say,” Nayeon shrugged childishly, “have fun love birds.”

“You are literally clinging onto Jeong like a koala.” Mina rolled her eyes.

2yeon separated after hearing the statement and coughed awkwardly.

 

The penguin waddled towards the door, unhooking her coat and scarf from the clothing hooks attached to the wall. Chaeyoung fallowed shortly after having a quick conversation with Nayeon. Mina never questioned what they talked about, she always trusted Chaeyoung. They strolled along the pavement, breathing in the cold September air.

“I’m so cold.” the cub said in English

Mina looked at her quizzically and replied,”Why didn’t you bring a scarf?”

Chaeyoung pouted and the older girl took her hand. It seemed to have worked, because the younger girl’s face went completely red.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah.” the cub responded shivering

Mina chuckled,”Should we go back?”

The younger girl shook her head and pointed towards a small café. The penguin smiled at the gesture and began waddling to the building, hand in hand with the cub.

 

“Welcome!” a lady in what seemed to be her 20’s greeted from behind the marble counter. Her name tag was clear and displayed the name ‘Jihyo’. Both of the girls strolled up to the counter, their hands still intertwined while they ordered.

“I hope you and your girlfriend have a lovely day.” Jihyo smiled with big, brown, beaming eyes.

Mina didn’t deny the statement nor did Chaeyoung, they just thanked the lady and left. A silence fell between them, but it wasn’t awkward. It felt comfortable, it felt cozy, it felt warm.

 

Stepping inside the dorm, they saw 2yeon asleep on the couch. The two girls shared a glance, smiling mischievously. Mina snuck off and grabbed two markers from Chaeyoung’s room. She handed one to the younger girl and they crept up to the sleeping girls. They both drew on one side of each of the other girls’s faces, laughing quietly to not wake up the older girls. 

 

As soon as they entered Chaeyoung’s room, they fell into a fit of laughter. Mina would describe the cub’s laugh as a beautiful melody. It made her feel warm. She stopped laughing and stared at the younger girl, whose laughing had calmed down a few moments after Mina’s. They gazed at each other for what felt like forever. Mina’s eyes trailed from her brown, bright, cat-like eyes to her nose and finally to her lips. Unconsciously, they inched closer to eachother until there was only a few centimetres between them. The penguin closed her eyes and leaned in, feeling a soft pair of plump lips on her own. The kiss was slow, it was sweet and it  was perfect to say the least. It started to become more passionate as they leaned in further, wanting more. Chaeyoung broke off the heated kiss, gasping for air. There in front of her was a disheveled Mina, panting and looking at her with dark eyes. The cub burned up at the sight. She leaned in again but more desperately this time, breaking it to trail kisses down Mina’s slender neck. 

 

Suddenly, the door flung open. The two girls jumped away from each other.

“WHO DID THIS TO ME!” Nayeon screamed from the doorway. Jeongyeon walked behind Nayeon and then bursted into a fit of laughter after seeing her face. 

“WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT JEONGYEON, YOU HAVE STUFF OF YOUR FACE TOO!”

“Geez babe, chill” Jeongyeon replied, “ we can wash it off.” 

She dragged Nayeon away by her wrist and into the bathroom. Mina and Chaeyoung glanced at eachother for a brief moment before turning away in embarrassment.

“I’m sorry i don’t know what got into me I-“

“Don’t worry, i liked it.” Mina cut off as she took Chaeyoung’s hand and kissed it, smirking. The younger girl hid her face and squealed.

“So…” Chaeyoung trailed off, “are we.. dating?”

Mina chuckled and then smiled her signature gummy smile,”If you want to then, yes.”

The cub pecked the older girl on the lips, a sweet, short kiss.