Idea

Idea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Idea

 

"I thought what we had was normal."

 

"Normal covers a wide range Minjeong. Normal differs from one person to another. What is normal for me might not be normal for you."

 

"So what are you trying to say?"

 

"I'm just saying that what you felt towards her was valid. Maybe it was your reaction at the moment. Don't be too hard on yourself."

 

"I just don't know anymore. So was it love? Was it fear? All the times and memories we've shared are just those illusions and lies?"

 

"It's up to you, the things that you said could be anything. What do you want them to be Minjeong?"

 

"Shouldn't I be the one asking questions here?"

 

"Feel free to ask me anything. Just know that I'm not here to give you all the answers. For the most part I'm just guiding you, so you yourself can find the answers to all your questions."

 

As she lay there in bed, the conversation between herself and her doctor from earlier replays in her heard. The more that she thinks the more she gets confused. The more she tries to make sense of it the more she gets lost.

 

It has been more than three months ever since Minjeong left the apartment that she and Jimin shared. She blocked Jimin on her phone and social media accounts. Since then she has been staying with Giselle. Good thing that Giselle's condo has a spare room. 

Minjeong has also been seeing her doctor, Wendy for the last three months. She felt she needed somewhere to begin with so she decided to go with psychotherapy to which Ningning suggested.

 

It wasn't easy for Minjeong to break out from her habits and ways that she accumulated from the time that she was with Jimin. But she's trying. She even stayed away from places that reminds her of the said girl, getting rid of things that reminded her of Jimin.

 

But it can't be helped that sometimes especially when she's alone that thoughts or memories of Jimin will pop into her mind. And that night as she lay on her bed she dreamed of being lost in a sea of black roses.

 

Friday. Of course they are at "Chico's" at their usual table. But unlike the other times, Minjeong doesn't have to be fidgety all the time, weary of the ticking clock. Because this time like the past three months, she can go at a time that's convenient for her, this time there is no Jimin that's gonna rush her to go home once the clock strikes ten.

 

"So Ningning who's that guy that waited for you outside the office last Tuesday?" Mark asked as he drank his beer.

 

"Yeah I saw him too." Minjeong pressed the issue.

"Why am I the only one in the hot seat? I know you guys saw that Giselle has been receiving flowers lately." the youngest one said with annoyance laced in her voice.

 

"Giselle is smart. She can handle herself. We're just worried about our maknae." Mark said in a cooing voice trying to piss off the young one. But instead Ningning flipped her hair and batted her eyelashes at Mark then said, "Oh I thought you were jealous."

 

The young guy was rendered speechless and a blush suddenly creeping across his cheeks. Looking at anything but Ningning, he picked up his beer and emptied its content before saying, "You wish."

"Relax, she's just teasing you." Minjeong said with a chuckle as she tap Mark's back.

 

"Chill. As if the Mark Kang is gonna get tied down. I'm betting you'll be like Leonardo DiCaprio. The bachelor, the dashing guy that's gonna sweep every woman off their feet." Ningning said as she motioned with her hands like she's highlighting a headline.

 

"Well you never know, Mark might be eyeing someone already but he's just looking for the perfect timing." Giselle chimed in as she looked at Mark with knowing eyes across the table. Ningning can be so dense sometimes, Giselle thought.

"Can we all stop talking about me now? Let's just drink okay?" Mark said having enough of the attention that he was getting. The three woman looked at each other and bursted out laughing while Mark was left dumbfounded. He can't understand them sometimes but he loves them all the same, well except for the little cat-eyed woman to whom he has a little more affection for.

 

Half an hour has passed when Minjeong felt the urge to pee so she stood up and told her friends that she's just gonna use the restroom. Minjeong was nearing to her destination but was unfortunately blocked by what seems to be acouple that's currently making out at the entry point of the bar's restroom.

 

The man was obviously towering over the lady. His hands roaming all over her body while the lady elicits occasional moans and gasps. The lighting was a bit bad so Minjeong couldn't see the faces of the somewhat couple just in front of her.

 

Feeling that the people in front of her wasn't aware of her presence, Minjeong fake coughed to at least let them know that she was there and she wanna use the restroom. But after a few seconds, no reaction was given and the couple remained unbothered.

 

"Excuse me. Can you please refrain from blocking the entryway to the restroom." Minjeong said in a voice that she knew was loud enough to get the attention that she wanted. She's had enough and she badly needed to pee.

 

Just as she expected it was enough to put the make out session in front of her to a halt. But what she was not expecting was the eyes that looked back at her. It was cold, hostile and unmoving unlike the warm and happy ones that she was used too. 

 

After three months here she was in the arms of another. Minjeong suddenly didn't know what to feel. Jimin stood there her arms on the man's shoulders, her eyes looking at Minjeong but the latter couldn't read them. The tension was getting thick when the guy suddenly spoke, "Hey I'm sorry, got carried away by this beauty right here." he said as he shot Jimin a sultry look.

 

She then saw Jimin tiptoed to reach the man's ears and whispered something to him which made him chuckle. And a few seconds later the man leaned down to kiss Jimin not on the lips but on her mole. The mole that's just below her lip on the left side of her face which happens to be Minjeong's favorite feature of Jimin. The recent move from the man made Minjeong's fists balled up unconsciously.

 

"Sorry again Miss, we'll get going now." the man said as he wrapped his arms around Jimin's waist as he lead her pass Minjeong and to the bar's exit. All throughout the sudden meeting Jimin's face remain stoic while looking at Minjeong to which latter was bothered a lot.

 

Minjeong was left there standing alone and her main purpose for going to the restroom long forgotten.

 

Minjeong flopped down on the couch as soon they arrived at Giselle's condo. A personal habit of Minjeong when something is eating up her thoughts and Giselle knows this all too well so she decided to ask the blonde as she sat at the chair beside her.

 

"You only drank two bottles of beer so I know you're not drunk. What is it? You've been restless ever since you came back from the restroom. So much for the "rest" in the name." Giselle tried to humor her friend to at least lighten up her mood.

 

"I saw her." Minjeong answered as she sat upright on the couch so she can face her friend.

 

"I saw Jimin. And...she was with a guy." the last few words came out so quiet that Giselle was barely able to hear it. Then it finally dawned on Giselle why her friend have been kinda off the rest of the night.

 

"What...I mean...how are...uhm what's your...why does..." silence. Giselle doesn't know what to say. What was she supposed to say? Giselle was partially worried that she might say the wrong words which might end up hurting the blonde and the other part was that she was not expecting to have this conversation with Minjeong because she doesn't know where it will lead. As she looked at her friend, she saw in Minjeong's eyes that she was lost. 

 

"She looks happy tho. I mean the way she looked at the guy, she seemed okay. And how do I say this? I think she's mad at me. She didn't even gave a smile." Minjeong said as she stared at the wall in front of her still trying to digest the thought that Jimin already has found another lover.

 

 

Giselle sat there beside Minjeong tapping her friend's back as if to say that she's here or an encouragement to keep on going with her words.

 

"I understand where she's coming from. We've been together for years then one second I was out the door leaving her without any trace. She's mad, that's acceptable." Minjeong said as she massaged her temple to try to ease her worries awa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter