pre-quel

The Aftermath [Pre/Se-quel for 10 Years]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

×××××××××××××

 

Sana was running late for her cheer practice, luckily enough their coach is currently in a faculty meeting which left them to their own devices. All they had to do was practice their routines and conditioning their bodies. 

 

 

"Ya! Shiba!" Their Captain, Im Nayeon yelled across the field, getting the attention of a certain junior who's busy reading her textbooks on the bleachers. 

 

 

Sana sheepishly smiled and even held out a peace sign. 

 

 

"Let me guess, you're with that Sehun guy again aren't you?" Her co-cheerleader, Joy said.

 

 

When Sana arrived, everyone was doing some stretching and since she's still in her school uniform, she has to go change first before she can join them and that's where she was met with Joy's teasing and Momo's snicker.

 

 

"Even though Mitang keeps on telling you Sehun's a bad choice." Momo added. 

 

 

That comment made Sana scoff and close her locker a bit too hard, "That actually came from someone who's in a relationship with a certified manipulator."

 

 

Joy just shrugged, thinking it was true anyways so why would she retaliate to that?

 

 

"You're dating a basketball player Sana and you're a cheerleader. Did you know? According to Wattpad 90% of these kind of story wouldn't end out well?" Another voice came in.

 

 

It was Ahn Hyejin, covered in sweat as she proceeds to grab a bottle of water from her locker. 

 

 

 

"What she said." Joy followed.

 

 

This doesn't mean Sana's also in the safe side. Sehun was that mysterious student and the rumors so far aren't that good and of course Joy's just looking out for her friend. 

 

 

Sana just finished changing her clothes and is now tying her hair up into a ponytail when she gave them a response, "That might be the case but then again, you won't hurt your heart if you won't give 'em." 

 

 

Momo rolled her eyes before throwing Sana her pompoms, "Yeah of course, how can we forget you're literally known as the flingster of our batch."

 

 

Hyejin turned around, water bottle still in hand, "Flingster? The ?" 

 

 

Joy was also done changing and gave Hyejin an arm around her shoulder, "It's the cousin for the word casanovette~ a casanova!" 

 

 

Sana smiled sweetly at her before folding her uniform and placed it in her locker.

 

 

"The only difference is that a casanovette are often viewed as having many relationship st once while a flingster is someone who has many relationships one at a time." Momo explained but even after explaining it, she flashed this confused japanese visage of hers along with an 'Eh?' which made Hyejin and Joy laugh.

 

 

"You're all idiots. Let's just go or else Nayeon-unnie will kill us." 

 

 

"5...6....7...8.. All right! Let's take a break girls! We're getting better, good job!" Nayeon yelled before she stood up from the ground to wipe her sweat and check her sns. 

 

 

The girls were diffused into a series of chatters when Sana whined after finding out someone spilled her water. 

 

 

"Who the hell did this? Pleaseeee the cafeteria is so far from here. I don't think my legs can keep up." Sana complained. 

 

 

"Sorry to break it to you Sana but I think it's just the wind. Look, you placed it next to a cardboard." Eunbi pointed at the fallen cardboard and Sana can only shake her body while stomping her feet as a deep pout appeared on her face. 

 

 

 

 

"That's what you get for being an airhead unnie." 

 

 

 

 

Sana turned around and was surprised to see Kim Dahyun standing in front of the whole cheerleading squad with a cold bottle of water i hand and some snacks she bought along the way. 

 

 

It was then Im Nayeon's screeching yell was heard as she ran through the her teammates and launched a big hug, almost making the two of them fall if it weren't for Sana and Soyeon, who's now restraining their captain.

 

 

"God unnie you're scaring our tofu right here. Do you have some kind of cousin-complex or something?" Momo spat before giving Dahyun a hug. 

 

 

"Hmph! You all are just jealous I'm this adorable chess-player's unnie." Nayeon rebutted after rolling her eyes. 

 

 

The rest of the cheer squad just laughed at that, Nayeon was really close to her cousin and she always tell them stories about her but it's actually the first time the squad saw Kim Dahyun in front of them as the younger one had problems with facing intimidating figures.

 

 

That's why Sana was so surprised to see her. 

 

 

"Kim Dahyun! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with Jihyo doing library duties or something? And hey! Who are you referring to when you said airhead?" Sana scolding the tofu was always the first scene to occur, wherever and whenever Dahyun approaches them. 

 

 

Sana was not used to having Dahyun when her cheerleading friends are around. For some reasons, it just didn't sit right with Sana. 

 

 

Strangely, Dahyun's cousin, Nayeon and also her other close senior friend, Momo are fine with it. They never understood why it bothered Sana so much. 

 

 

"I dropped by to give you this." 

 

 

It was then Dahyun gave Sana the plastic bag on her hand and the water bottle she's holding. Of course not without an erruption of tease taking place. 

 

 

How can Sana resist Dahyun when she's this charming? It's scary how her best friend can take over the school by storm if she just wanted to—not that Dahyun wasn't popular due to her sharp features and pale complexion in the first place.

 

 

"T-Thanks." 

 

 

Jennie was the first to approach Dahyun and even gave a lipbite to her way (What a flirt! -Sana)

 

 

"So you're the infamous Kim Dahyun from the Chess Club. I see why our Sana-chan here wouldn't let us have a taste of you—"

 

 

"Jennie!"

 

 

"—pardon, I meant see you." Jennie finished off with a wink before she slid off the scene and went back to stretching. 

 

 

The team can only laugh at Sana as she rolled her eyes. Momo hooked her hands on Dahyun's arm and even gave Sana a face before the rest of the girls pushed the annoyed japanese to the side and circled around Dahyun, mostly admiring how cute she is with only in that school pants and checkered flannel of hers.

 

 

Their own-session-practice ended and Dahyun pretty much stayed throughout the remaining time and Sana did not like the attention she's getting in one bit. Joy has been sending Sana the teasing looks and Rosé, their supposedly normal friend even joined in Jennie's antics. 

 

 

Immediately after their practice ended, it would only be natural to see Sana scrambling off towards the bleachers where Dahyun is waiting. Sana hasn't even changed yet but she didn't really care about it. 

 

 

When Sana arrived, Dahyun wasn't alone, she was with their Jeongyeon-unnie, the student council vice president along with Jihyo, the secretary. 

 

 

"...I always, always bring my own gloves to the wet market just to be safe on direct contact with bacteria." 

 

 

"Oh right, you're an only child aren't you, Dahyun-ah? I guess that part comes earlier than the ones with older siblings with them."

 

 

"Jihyo's right. I speak base from experience." 

 

 

Dahyun can only chuckle at her two unnies. They were like giving about groceries out of nowhere but that just made Dahyun respect them more. 

 

 

"Ahem." 

 

 

It was only when Sana cleared her voice that Dahyun was able to notice her presence from beside them. Dahyu immediately stood up and naturally offered her hand, "Sana-unnie! I'm sorry. Let me have that." 

 

 

It was like a program system: Dahyun offers and Sana accepts. 

 

 

"Thanks." Sana sweetly smiled at her before slouching. 

 

 

"Oi Shiba, I heard you were trying to shoo Dahyun again." Jihyo starts, patting the space beside her. 

 

 

Sana frowns but complied, crossing her legs after she did, "It's not like that Jih, it's just, well."

 

 

Jeongyeon's eyes panned from Dahyun to Jihyo before raising a brow, "Well?"

 

 

 

"It's the cheerleading squad we're talking about. They can be pretty much extreme and I doubt Dahyun likes that." 

 

 

 

"Pfft." Jeongyeon and Jihyo looked at each other and burst out laughing. 

 

 

"Sana-unnie, you're literally my best friend." Dahyun responds, trying to hide that smile on her face. 

 

 

"And what does that mean?" Sana narrowed her eyes at the tofu but Dahyun just quirkily shrugged it off and fed the older one a fry. 

 

 

"Anyways, you two have your moment. Hyo and I should check on Nayeon. You know how crazy she gets sometimes." Jeongyeon already stood up as she was saying that followed by Jihyo who just gave the two a warm smile and wave. 

 

 

Not too long when the two are out of the frame, Sana rolled her test-paper and lightly hits the tofu with it. 

 

 

"Yah, you shouldn't be barging in our cheer practice just like that and whatever happened to getting scared of intimidating figures?" Dahyun can only laugh as she stopped an incoming paper attack. 

 

 

Who wouldn't get amused when her Sana-unnie is literally pouting cutely at her, a side which Sana dislikes to show unless it's Dahyun. 

 

 

"Mina-unnie advised me to be brave enough so that I can stand alongside you." Sana gave her one last sharp gaze before sighing and putting the rolled paper down. 

 

"Of course Minari would say that." Sana mutters which did not go unheard. 

 

 

"You two haven't made up yet?"

 

 

Apparently Mina and Sana had an argument regarding the way she treats Dahyun. Mina met Dahyun first in middle school while Sana only came into the picture on a later date that's why Sana can understand why Mina—not only her but everyone including Jihyo and Momo— are protective of her. It would only be natural too since Dahyun is the baby in the group but the way Mina spoke that night kind of pushed Sana to an edge. 

 

It was right after Sana ditched Dahyun in their game night just because Chungha texted that they're in a restobar and is highly anticipating for Sana's presence. 

 

Sana forgot. She forgot about her plans with Chungha and the girls that's why she was only a corner away from Dahyun's home when she made a detour and just texted Dahyun about it. 

 

Sana didn't get why Mina had to get so riled up about that when she, as a matter of fact, texted Dahyun if it'd be okay to reschedule their plans. It was always okay with Dahyun. So why would Mina? Thinking of it, Sana even made a conclusion that Mina likes Dahyun more than she should but that's impossible since the former is a reserved person and isn't really into girls—to top it all she had Yuta her 1.5 yr boyfriend who does nothing but fake his way into her. 

 

 

Then Sana remembered it. That triggering statement she made that got Mina so angry at her.

 

 

"What was it for you?! Are you mad because I'm stealing Dahyun's attention from you? Aren't you the one who discarded her after having a boyfriend?! I'm her best friend now Mina, back off!" 

 

 

"Sana?"

 

 

She was brought back to reality when Dahyun poked her cheek. Sana can only smile a little before shaking her head. 

 

 

"I'll make sure to talk to her." 

 

 

Afterall, Mina is still her friend. Her fellow countryman who did nothing but good to her. 

 

~~~

 

"I can't believe that series ended so badly!" Nayeon exasperatedly sighed and she slumped onto the table. 

 

"Watch it granny! You're going to dirty your clothes! That's just—eughk." It was Jeongyeon who pulled Nayeon up by her collar and continued scolding her.

 

"Nayeon-unnie's right. I can't believe I gave out a five star rating that early." Even Momo got a bit depressed at it too and was barely touching her food which was so unlike her. 

 

 

"Ehh?? Are you talking about that series? Man, Dahyun and I were about to binge watch it tonight." Sana sadly added in too. 

 

 

"You're eating too much of those unnie." Dahyun snatched the bag of chips from Sana's grasp and pushed her own lunchbox towards the older girl. 

 

 

"Hooh? Did you make those Dahyun-ah?" Momo's eyes suddenly sparkled and was about to fork one out but then Sana swats her hand away. 

 

 

"Come to think of it I didn't have breakfast too. So I guess this'll cover it." 

 

 

"Aish unnie I told you to eat breakfasts regularly. You can skip dinner but never breakfast." 

 

 

"Well what can I do? Sehun fetched me so early." 

 

 

Dahyun momentarily tightened the grip on her chopstick before continuing to transfer food to Sana's box. 

 

 

"S-Sehun huh so uhhmm why did he fetched you so early? He should've at least offered breakfast first." Dahyun managed to ask though not meeting Sana's eyes as she did.

 

 

Momo then placed her chopsticks aside and corssed her arms, "He's billboard with Sana." 

 

 

Before Sana can even correct her, a sound of a tray being placed caught their attention and butts in their conversation.

 

 

"Mo you idiot it's billiard."

 

 

"Mina, I'm surprised you still had to point out the obvious." 

 

 

"Minaring! Jihyo!" Dahyun happily waves as the two settled on the empty chairs just in front of Sana and Dahyun.

 

 

Currently the group is having their lunch in a secluded part of the school where an old garden house resides. Quite cool actually, it was Jeongyeon who discovered this and tidied it up.

 

 

"Sana, you should really stop going with Sehun on such places. He may not look like that but he's really fishy." Mina straight-out jabs but in a rather soft voice this time.

 

 

This caused Sana to lift up her brow, "Says someone whose boyfriend is a well known frat vice captain." 

 

 

Mina kept a straight face and started feeding herself, "Yuta's not like that anymore."

 

 

It was Dahyun's turn to frown, "Minarin, I thought you're going to break up with him?" 

 

 

Mina's gaze softened at their maknae, se had that loving sisterly look on hers before sighing, "Dahyun—"

 

 

"Dahyun water." Sana interjects. 

 

 

Dahyun immediately scrambled and gave her one, "Right, right here."

 

 

Mina can only look at the two while Jeongyeon whistled, Jihyo sighed, Nayeon shrugged and Momo still stressing over that series.

 

~~~

 

 

"Heya, what's with you and that white sheet?" Joy finally asked after their dreadful practice. 

 

 

The red-headed girl can't help but seem to notice the way Dahyun looks at her and tends to her needs. 

 

 

"She's my be—I mean she's the youngest of our group and literally Nayeon unnie's cousin. I don't get what you're trying to come across." Sana replied as she was changing her clothes.

 

 

"Hmmm? Well I guess this'll be interesting. Our Gahyeonie is gunning for her you should help her ou—"

 

 

Joy wasn't able to finish her sentence when Sana slammed her locker door. 

 

 

"Sorry to break it to you but Gahyeon is not Dahyun's type." 

 

 

Sana said it with so much confidence that Joy can't help but laugh in amusement, "Are you a hundred percent sure you're not into Dahyun?" Joy asked before Sana can even reach the door.

 

 

Sana stopped for a moment before turning around, greeting Joy with a mischievous smile, "Make it a thousand." She said before finally going out the changing room to meet Sehun in the bleachers.

 

~~~

 

"Mmmhmm....I can't stay much longer babe I still have classes in 10." 

 

"We both know you can ditch that minor subject of yours." 

 

Sana's husky moans echoed the room when Sehun marked her collar bone making her push him lightly.

 

 

"Tsk. You're putting me in trouble sweetie~"

 

 

Sehun smirked before he captured Sana's lips once again. 

 

 

The two are in an empty classroom in the 3rd floor, making out (if it wasn't so clear yet) and Sana was really thinking about skipping class when she heard Sunoo's voice.

 

 

"Taehyung-hyung please stop them! Yuta and his guys are not holding back!" 

 

 

"If he scathed even a bit of Dahyunnie's face I will freaking kill him!" 

 

 

The two were running through the corridors that's why that's the only thing Sana and Sehun heard but it was clear in Taehyung's voice how angry he is right now.

 

But that wasn't why Sana got alarmed, it was the mention of Dahyun's name. The japanese girl immediately went out the room and saw Jimin running past by her while yelling for Taehyung to chill. 

 

Then it was Ryujin and Soobin who's running towards her this time, Soobin was yelling his hyungs' names and before Ryujin can even get past Sana, she grabbed her arm and asked her what was happening. 

 

 

"U-unnie.. we've been looking for you! ...Dahyun-unnie....she attacked Yuta and his guys." Ryujin said while panting. 

 

 

"Jeongyeon-unnie and Jihyo-unnie were out for council duties that's why we called for Taehyung's help, Sunoo was the one who—"

 

 

It faded. What Ryujin was explaining is fading. Faded. Sana can't hear a thing anymore but her body started moving the moment it dawned on her. 

 

It was the worst possible timing! Jeongyeon did mentioned about having a meeting outside the school premises, Nayeon went back to Andong to visit her grandparents while Momo called in sick—she was the only one available in preventing this kind of situation! 

 

She'll be in so much trouble.

 

Of course they had to turn to Taehyung, Dahyun's step brother, since they can't find her around. Suddenly that thought made Sana sick in her stomach. How can she have the time of her life making out while Dahyun was getting beat up?

 

When Ryujin and Sana arrived at the scene, Taehyung was already getting restrained by Jungkook, Jimin and Sunghoon. Yuta was on the ground bleeding his nose out while Renjun was helping him up. 

 

 

"Dahyun! Where the hell is Dahyun!" Sana yelled, barging in through Sunoo and Gahyeon's side. 

 

 

 

"Stay the away!" 

 

 

 

Sana was glued to the ground as she felt chills run through her spine. It was Dahyun's voice and at the same time it wasn't. It's the first time Sana heard Dahyun talk like that and she was there behind Beomgyu's arm who's protectively keeping her in a distance from Yuta's place, shielding Mina who's already crying so hard. 

 

 

Both Mina and Dahyun were injured. Mina's was more of like a bruise on her left temple while Dahyun got a cut on her eyebrow and a busted lip. Taehyung didn't had any injury but his knuckles were painted of red.

 

 

Just what the happened? 

 

 

Sana didn't hesitate in running towards Mina, putting an arm around her while also reaching out for Dahyun. 

 

 

"Whoever gave you rights to treat Mina-unnie like this—I'll burn the both of you!" Dahyun exclaimed.

 

 

"Dahyun, that's enough." Jinyoung, who just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter