The Last six hours

Is 24 hours enough to fall in love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since when did it get so dark? What time was it? Why were they still at the beach? Questions were circulating in the air, but it appeared as though they were inside some bubble that would almost be impossible to pop. “I didn’t know you knew how to dance, Chae.” Yena teased as they waltzed around the sand, the music barely audible as they were closer to the ocean. “I suppose I could consider this as a hidden talent, right?” Chaewon feels Yena pulling her even closer by the waist as the arms that Chaewon placed on the back of Yena’s neck tighten. “Is this okay?” Yena whispers, her lips hovering close to Chaewon’s ears. Chaewon nods before resting her head on Yena’s shoulder.

“How was it?”

“How was what?”

“The experiment?” Chaewon smiles as she recalls all the events that had happened during the past few hours. Chaewon admits even though this was all for an experiment, she feels the slight butterflies that Yena and Minjoo had been talking about—the feeling where you can’t explain it with words. Chaewon felt all of those, but maybe it was because she did this experiment with Yena? She had known Yena for as long as she could remember. This would make sense why she feels extra comfortable doing whatever she wants to do. “I can’t decide right now, let’s talk about it when the experiment is over now.” Chaewon answers and she feels Yena nodding.

Swaying slowly as they both enjoyed the calming sound of the waves crashing on the sand, both didn’t notice that the music had stopped minutes ago. “Do you think we should go home now?” Yena pulls Chaewon back to look into her eyes. Yena smiles when Chaewon pouts, “Do you badly want to go home?” Chaewon whines, burying her face in the crook of Yena’s neck, which makes her flinch slightly. “It's not like I badly want to go home, but you know it is getting late.” Yena reasons out before planting a kiss on Chaewon’s temple. “You whining will forever feel so new to me.” She jokes and prepares herself with Chaewon playfully hitting her, but was surprised when she feels nothing. Chaewon was still in the same position, not bothering to move at all. “Well, you better get used to it.” Chaewon whispers, although Yena was confused with what the younger had said. She shrugs it off as they were now sitting on the sand, looking at the ocean.

“I still can’t believe you decided we should skip classes.”

“I mean, this is technically a once-in-a-lifetime experience, might as well enjoy it.” Chaewon rests her head on Yena’s shoulder as silence enveloped them. “That is true, but I didn’t think we would stay here at the beach until nighttime, come to think of it, ” Yena stands up and thankfully Chaewon didn’t lean too much on Yena or else she would’ve fallen. “What time is it?” Yena asked as she helped Chaewon stand up. “I think around 8pm? I don’t know, I don’t even know how long we’ve been here.” Chaewon let out a giggle as they both made their way back to the car. “Well, I just enjoy spending time with you, so I kind of lost track of time.” Yena nudged Chaewon, who nudged back. “Same goes for me.” When they both had arrived at the car, it was Chaewon’s turn to drive them home.

“Try not to get us killed, yeah?” Yena yelped when she felt Chaewon slap her shoulders. “Have some faith in me—I’m not a terrible driver.” Yena, though in pain, still mustered a chuckle before ruffling Chaewon’s hair. “Alright, alright. I trust you, Chae.”

As always, the ride back home was between them being loud. Singing at the top of their lungs, with Yena recording them, Chaewon focuses on the road while holding Yena’s free hand. “Let’s just go to my place, since it’s closer.” Yena suggests and Chaewon nods as they slow down when the traffic light goes from orange to red. Yena yawns as she rests her head at the window. “You want to sleep on our way home?” Chaewon asks and Yena says nothing and instead lifts her hand to show a thumbs-up before closing her eyes. “Sleep well. I’ll wake you up when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter