Chapter 3

First love

The next morning, Jimin woke up early, excited for his first official day of classes. He quickly got ready and headed to the kitchen to make some breakfast, he stepped out of this room, looking up to see yoongi sitting at the table. He awkwardly shuffled into the kitchen, trying to avoid his roommate. He quickly left the apartment without a single word. Jimin took a deep breath, feeling free and breathing in the fresh spring air. Yoongi wandered out of his room after he heard the front door open and close. He sighed, wondering how they would ever make it work as roommates when they wouldn't even talk. He decided to call his best friend, Namjoon.

"I just don't know what to do. I applied for my own apartment but instead i'm stuck with some brat." Yoongi whined.

Namjoon laughed.

"Okay so why don't you talk to the landlord?"

"I did! They did nothing."

"Well...it is only for a semester. Then you have to find a different apartment or sign another lease. It's expensive anyway right?"

Yoongi sighed.

"Yea, I guess you're right. Fine. We'll stay roommates until the end of the semester just because I need help with the rent but thats it!." Yoongi stated.

"Okay good then. So you know i'll have to meet him." Namjoon answered.

"Of course, come over tonight after work. He should be home by then." 

Namjoon agreed and ended the call.

A few hours passed, and Jimin returned to the apartment. Yoongi was sitting on the couch, watching tv. 

Jimin furrowed his brows.

"Have you been here all day?" He asked, quietly.

"Mmm hmm." Yoongi responded.

"Okay...so why is the apartment so messy? You could've done the dishes or vacuumed or-"

"What are you talking about? It looks fine."

"But...what if we have guests over or something?" Jimin asked.

Yoongi shrugged.

"My friends won't care." 

Jimin rolled his eyes.

"This isnt just your apartment, you know? Its mine too. And i want it cleaned." He said firmly.

Yoongi nodded.

"Okay. And i wanted the place to myself entirely. But we can't always get what we wanted. Right?" He answered.

Jimin groaned, annoyed.

"Well too bad. You think I wanted a roommate? But I got stuck with a prick like you!" 

Yoongi shook his head.

"Well, roommate...heres the rent price for the month. Looks like we're stuck with each other." Yoongi stated, shoving a piece of paper to Jimin's chest.

Jimin looked up, nervously at yoongi then down at the paper, almost choking on air.

"$1,600?! For a 2 bedroom?!" He stammered.

Yoongi nodded.

"Yep. So I guess we'll have to deal with each other until the semester is over. I don't like you,  I know you aren't fond of me but it is what it is until then. Deal?"

Jimin rolled his eyes but nodded.

"Okay. Fine you're right."

There a slight knock on the door.

"Hmm?" Jimin questioned, looking towards the door.

"Better get cleaning...roommate." Yoongi said, smiling smugly.

Jimin's eyes widened and he quickly started straightening up the pillows on the couch.

"Hey Namjoon." Yoongi greeted.

"Hey." He said, looking past yoongi.

"Ahh You must be Jimin." He said, extending his hand for a hand shake.

Jimin slowly took his hand, shaking it gently.

"Im...yes. Hi. I see you're a friend of...his." He said, eyeing yoongi.

Namjoon laughed.

"Yea. We go way back. So...have you two had drinks yet?" He asked.

Jimin stared confused.

"W..what? Drink? With him? Why would I do that?"

Yoongi looked just as perplexed.

"What are you doing?" He whispered.

"Aw come on, its common courtesy to have a drink with a new roommate when they move in as kind of an ice breaker. Lets go." He said, leading them out to go to the store.

Yoongi and Jimin looked at each other, both wondering what the other was thinking. They got to the store and started looking around.

"Each pick something and i'll pay." Namjoon said, smiling.

"Er...okay..." yoongi said reluctantly.

After a while, they both came to their decisions and Namjoon paid. Finally, they were back at the apartment. Yoongi poured shots for everyone. There was an awkward silence for quite some time. Namjoon cleared his throat.

"Um so...cheers to new roommates..maybe friends eventually?"

The three nodded and clinked glasses, taking the shots. Eventually, they all started to loosen up and have more shots and talk more. 

"Lets play a game." Jimin said.

The other two agreed.

"What game?" Yoongi asked.

"Hmm...truth or dare?" Jimin asked.

"Okay sure." Namjoon answered.

"Hmm...since you wanted to play, you first, Jimin. Truth or dare?" Namjoon asked.

"Hmm...truth."

"Do you like affection? Hugs? Cuddling?" Namjoon asked.

Jimin blushed slightly, smiling and gently rubbing his ears.

"Um...yes. I really like affection." He answered.

"Oh...is that so? Interesting." He said, smirking at yoongi.

"Yoongi? Truth. Or dare?" Namjoon asked.

Yoongi thought for a moment.

"Truth." He answered.

Namjoon nodded.

"Hmm....what is your worst habit?"

Yoongi rolled his head back, thinking.

"Hmm...a few things I guess...you could say i'm not very good at affection...and I can be...lazy." He said, gazing over at Jimin. 

Jimin looked down, blushing, slightly embarassed.

"So, Jimin? Truth? Or dare?" Namjoon asked.

"Dare." Jimin said, simply.

"Okay, now we're talking." Namjoon said, smirking.

"Both of you, get up. Hug tightly for a solid 10 seconds." 

Before yoongi could protest, Namjoon cut him off.

"You're roommates after all. You should get it least comfortable with a hug." He said.

Yoongi sighed.

"Okay okay fine. Come here, Jimin." He said, opening his arms, slowly.

Jimin moved slowly and slightly awkward but finally closed the gap, wrapping his arms around Yoongi's waist. Yoongi wrapped his arms around Jimin's shoulders, glaring at Namjoon. Namjoon laid back on his elbows, smiling widely at his friend and giving a heart symbol with his fingers. Yoongi flipped him off. Namjoon laughed, shaking his head. In that shot amount of time, Jimin felt the warmth coming from Yoongi, blushing slightly.  He relaxed into the hug, hugging a little tighter. Finally, they sat back down. After a few hours passed, it was late and Namjoon decided to leave. 

"Have a good night yoongs." He said, ruffling his friend's hair.

"Yea..yea..you too." He mumbled back.

He closed the door behind Namjoon and locked it. Jimin was curled up on the couch, sleeping. Yoongi decided to use this opportunity to take a shower. A few minutes later, he was finishing up his shower, and Jimin jerked awake with the sudden urge to use the restroom. He quickly stumbled to the bathroom door, trying to open it with no luck. He knocked on the door.

"One second." Yoongi called out.

Jimin knocked again.

"I have to use it now!" He whined.

Yoongi swung the door open, exposing his upper body with just a towel covering the lower half of his body. He moved out of the way and nodded towards the entrance, letting Jimin in. Jimin ran into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him. Once he actually realized what he'd just seen, his face flushed and he felt as though this face was on fire.  After a few minutes, Yoongi heard what sounded like Jimin pacing back and forth.

"Jimin? You okay?" He asked from outside the door.

Jimin grew wide eyed.

"Y-yes! Why?" He snapped.

"Um...i still need my clothes." Yoongi answered.

Jimin let out a loud gasp.

"O-oh. Right." He quickly stepped out of the bathroom and walked to his room.

"Goodnight!" He called.

Yoongi laughed.

"Goodnight...i guess."

Jimin sat on his bed, blushing like crazy. He looked at his finged tips, he still felt how warm yoongi's hug felt. He smiled slowly.