Chapter Two

Visiting the parents for the weekend (2jae ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The jjproject version of this story is a bit longer than this one, so the stories are paced differently. in order to avoid spoilers between the two versions, i decided to put them both at the same pace. That's why i'm posting this short chapter here so that the 2jae version can catch up with the jjproject version. I hope this short piece will be to your liking anyway<3

****************

 

When they arrive at the Choi family residence, Jaebeom gets entirely appalled by the expanse of the yard alone. It feels like forever driving from the gate to the house itself. Jaebeom peers through the window at the impeccable landscaping, the lovely flower gardens and gazebos. The place is breath-taking.

The housekeeper greets them at the door. Jaebeom stands there a little awkwardly as Youngjae and the lady reunite happily with a big hug. They catch up for a short while, only getting cut off when Youngjae’s parents come to the door to greet their guests.

They are both wearing smiles, but Jinyoung doesn’t miss how those smiles don’t reach their eyes. At least they are being polite today, so he can thank the heavens for that. “It’s nice to see you, Youngjae.” Mrs Choi says

Heart in his throat, Youngjae does the introduction. “Mum, dad this is my boyfriend, Im Jaebeom.” He takes Jaebeom’s hand and the movement catches his mother’s attention. Her gaze darts to their clasped hands and her smiles wanes a little.

Meanwhile Youngjae’s father mutters a quick and stern hello with his lips set in a thin line.

Youngjae’s parents fall awkwardly silent then. There is no excitement, no curiosity, and their eyes are not shinning with awe. At least they are not bothered to pretend to they are very excited about meeting Jaebeom. On its own volition, Youngjae’s hand squeezes Jaebeom’s a little too tight until he feels Jaebeom wince, and that’s when he realises what’s happening. He turns to Jaebeom with wide, apologetic eyes and mutters, “sorry.”

Jaebeom understands that Youngjae is just scared and getting increasingly nervous. He gives Youngjae a gentle, encouraging smile as if to say they’ll be alright no matter what.

Youngjae gets the message and his nerves calm a little.

They both turn back to Youngjae’s parents just as Mrs Choi appears to catch herself. She meets gaze and gives him a big, frighteningly fake smile. “It’s a pleasure, Jaebeom. Welcome to our home.”

“Thank you.” Jaebeom replies. “Your home is truly charming. I’m not just saying that to be polite.”

“Thank you.” Mrs. Choi says and then it looks like she wants to say more but she’s holding back.

 You two must be exhausted after the long drive. Our housekeeper is helping the chef with dinner, so I’ll help you get settled in so that you can freshen up for dinner. Please come with me.”

Okay so far so good, Youngjae pats himself on the back. This introduction could be much worse. he knows that his parents have a lot of questions, and he could also tell that they are far from impressed with Jaebeom, but at least they didn’t jump into insults right away.

************

“We prepared your old room for you, dear. Your boyfriend will stay in one of the guest rooms.” Youngjae’s mum announces much to his surprise. They are all standing outside Youngjae’s bedroom, about to go inside.

Youngjae’s eyebrows crease at his mother. “Why?”

“We felt it would be uncomfortable for everyone if you two decide to… get intimate.”

“We are not going to do anything inde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter