A cookie, for you

One-shot dump
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Week was being slow. Especially, the second half of it because, the beginning, Jiwoo went to eat with Jungeun and she had distracted her during her shifts. However, Thursday was her day off and she was a bit tired from working. She insisted on being responsible and do something with her life. That was why she ended up working in that coffee shop when her best friend Jungeun told her that there was an open position where she worked. Actually, the story was a bit different and she was the only one who know it.

What actually happened was that one day she went to pick Jungeun up, who was busy in the storehouse, and she waited while drinking a coffee. Jiwoo spent a while observing the people in the coffee shop until a really pretty girl came in. She even looked like she knew the barista on the counter. Because of that encounter, the redheaded didn’t hesitate to hand over her resume thinking about how she would be able to see that pretty girl again if she worked there, and if that wasn’t the case, she was sure that thousand of beautiful girls went in and order coffee every single day.

The job wasn’t what she expected, but Jiwoo was happy. She met new people everyday and most of them were nice. Also, she could drink for free until she reached a monthly limit, and her coworkers were friendly. She loved when nobody enter the coffee shop and she could talk to them for a while. Like when she spent hours talking to her best friend or Geon Hak, another one of her coworkers in her same shift, would tell her things about kendo and how he could name every ingredient in the most difficult drinks, even though he didn’t like coffee.

Jiwoo’s day off was a lazy day for her and she even got a bit bored. So, she just begged for Friday to come quickly. That’s why she ended up going to the coffee shop, as a client. Jungeun had already finished her shift, but Geon Hak was still cleaning tables. The boy smiled and made her the milkshake she ordered, even though they were about to close. Jiwoo rested upon the counter talking to him. However, he had to talk to another boy that wanted to be served despite the fact that the sign said “Closed”.

The redheaded just went home because it would take a while to convince that arrogant kid. She thought she recognized the boy Geon Hak was fighting with, but he wore a hoodie and walked really fast past her. Friday was going to be an interesting day. After all, Jungeun told her that she was going to talk to that girl that always left her coffee almost untouched, but spend hours looking at her. Jiwoo knew that it was because she liked her friend, but Geon Hak still doubted it. So, they made a bet about it and she was sure about her victory.

“You look happier than usual.” her seat partner at university sat next to her. “How do you do it?”

“It’s Friday!” Jiwoo poked her cheek. “Come on, Yerim-ah! A few more hours and it’ll be weekend.”

“Don’t you have work today?”

“Yep, but time flies when I’m working. Jungeun and I are going shopping tomorrow. Wanna come?”

“I was thinking about staying at home all day.”

“Come with us, please.”

“I don’t know, Jiwoo.”

“Please, Yeri-Yeri. Yerim-ah. Kim Yerim, come shopping with us.”

“Okay, I’ll go... I don’t have anything else to do.”

The redhead clapped happily. She loved going out on the weekends with her friends, and she always spent Saturdays on the mall with them. Also, Yerim and Jungeun were with her since high school and she couldn’t think about anyone better to spent the first day of her weekend with. That’s why they were the “Three Kim.” Jiwoo couldn’t wait for that day to come, but she still had to work that afternoon.

There was not so much people when she arrived at the coffee shop. A quiet shift would be perfect for her. She was really happy and she just took care of the costumers calmly. There were only a two people on her part of the place and Jungeun was in charge of the rest. So Jiwoo was a bit distracted thinking about her own world and took a coffee to a boy with brown hair that went to the coffee shop a couple of times. She couldn’t remember what he always ordered, but it definitely rang a bell. The one she couldn’t remember was a little girl looking like a sad puppy that dragged her feet to one of the tables her workmate was in charge of.

“Look. Here comes that girl that likes Jungeun.” said another co-worker from the counter. “Do you think Jungeun will finally ask her about it or not?”

“Knowing her... Maybe?”

“Please, please, please. I’m so curious... If she doesn’t, I will.”

“Please do, I’m curious too.”

“Anyway, that girl likes her and I’m going to win our bet. That’s why she never finishes her coffee.”

“Maybe she focuses in other things and forgets. It happens to me...”

“Jiwoo, I’m telling you it’s not that. She likes Jungeun.”

The redhead watched as the girl sat on the same table as always and waited patiently until Jungeun went there. Jiwoo just leant on the counter and looked at the people in the coffee shop. The boy with brown hair was entertained with his phone and kept stirring his coffee without touching the mug. The little girl wasn’t looking so good and was also stirring her milkshake with her straw, her eyes fixed on the table. Table four wasn’t hers to attend, but that girl looked so sad, to the point of making her frown. When the redhead saw her sigh for the fifth time, she couldn’t help but asking herself what had happened to that kid.

Her mind wandered through a thousand possibilities. Maybe the girl on table four has just come out of high school and had too many homework. Maybe that was why she couldn’t see her friends. Maybe she doesn’t have friends. That’s bad. Everybody should have friends. Jiwoo also thought about some classmates bullying her. Kids are cruel. I hope it’s not that. It doesn’t look like she’s been beaten or anything, but you never know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter