Friends

One-shot dump
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yubin didn’t notice that she was completely alone until she abandoned the room she shared with Siyeon. In fact, she actually almost shared it more with Yoohyeon... Truth be told, her bed was the place that she shared most with Yoohyeon. Her friend was always telling her that Bora wouldn’t let her sleep well enough because she spent most of the night kicking the top bunk since it bothered her a lot. Sometimes, it was true; others, she thought it was just another one of Yoohyeon’s quirky habits. Yubin didn’t mind it because she was her best friend after all and she had a bed big enough for the two of them, even though Yoohyeon was so tall that her feet stuck out. It was an exaggeration, but it was funny when Siyeon said it.

She went to the kitchen, to find something to eat. She had only read for a little when she got hungry. That’s why, she thought about making some popcorn. However, she found out that she was not so alone after all when she saw Gahyeon standing right there. The maknae looked at her with puppy eyes because she caught her searching the cabinets. Yubin laughed and opened the one above her to take her desired popcorns. It was favorite snack and, even though they took some minutes to cook, it was worth it.

“What are you looking for?” she asked.

“Hmm. I don’t know.” Gahyeon shrugged. “I was going to watch a new drama and I want something to eat, but I don’t know what.”

“Don’t tell her, but Bora-unnie bought those cookies that you like.”

“Really? Where are they? I haven’t seen them.”

“She hid them with Yoohyeon’s cereal because she knows you wouldn’t touch them.”

“That unnie...”

The maknae frowned shaking her head and opened the cabinet to her left just to find the precious treasure. Yubin laughed. Bora was always messing with them because she thought it was fun, but Gahyeon was her main target because she was the youngest and because the older one found extremely funny the faces she would make when she was pranked.

The older of the two put the popcorn in the microwave and watched her walk to the sofa hugging the cookie box as if someone could steal it from her. The maknae the TV and the sound filled up the rest of the dorm. While her light snack was cooking slowly surrounded by electromagnetic waves, she asked about the rest of the group and Gahyeon informed her that they were alone, except for Yoohyeon, who was enjoying the silence in her room. Apparently, both of them were planning to go out later, but they were doing their own thing for now.

Yubin took out the popcorn from the microwave trying not to burn her fingers and put them in a bowl, which she took to her room. Her plan for that afternoon was read a couple of chapters to finish the book she was currently reading while munching those heavenly microwaved corn grains. However, she finished her book sooner than she expected and she wasn’t in the mood to start a new one because she felt like the others would come making noise soon. So, her best option was to do some other thing. She decided to go and see what Yoohyeon was doing. Her friend knew exactly how to keep her entertained for long periods of time.

The taller girl, with her recently died dark gray hair, was sitting on the bottom bunk bed —which belonged to Bora— with her legs crossed and her laptop right in front. She had her head resting on her hands, and her elbows on her knees, and she looked extremely focused on what she was watching. The sound reached Yubin lightly when she crossed the door and she couldn’t help but smile when she recognized that it was something in another language. Yoohyeon was always trying to improved her English by watching new TV shows, for hours and hours in her free time. The others couldn’t follow as easily as her, so she usually opted to watch them alone. Yubin got closer with the rest of her popcorn on hand and leant her head on the top bunk bed.

“What are you watching?” she asked.

“A TV show.” Yoohyeon looked at her for a second. “It’s good.”

“You know I’m not so good at English. What are they talking about?”

“They’re insulting each other.” her friend smiled making room in the bed.

“So... they hate each other?” Yubin frowned seating next to her.

“No, they are friends.”

“But... We are friends. How can they insult each other like that?”

“He likes her and doesn’t know how to tell her.”

“Hmm...”

Yubin focused on the screen. The boy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter