so let me be the know that you can lean on

it could be a useless concern, it could be me worrying alone
Please log in to read the full chapter

She has never been good at dealing with pain, everyone around her knew her aversion to needles because of that same reason. Her exaggerated reactions to minor pains was something a lot of know of, but her current condition in the couch is a sight a very few people have seen.

Even though she was only 5 moths along the pains had already started, not only her back ached. Her were tender and she sore sometimes she could feel her skin stretch to accommodate the  growing life inside of her. With the thought that it was all worth it if her baby was strong and healthy she wrapped her hands around her baby bump and curled up as much as she could in the couch.

That is how Byul found her an hour later, still curled up in the couch with a pained expression and tear tracks running down her face and Yongkeey sitting protectively at her feet. Panic setting in as soon as she laid her eyes on the older woman.

“Yong?! What’s wrong?! Is it the baby?!” She quickly crossed the space between the door and the couch, dropping to her knees to asses the situation fearing the worst.

“We are ok, but my back is killing me” she weakly replied, with a voice laced with pain and relief at finally having Byul back home. “Thank god you are here now”

She let out a small breath of relief knowing the most important people in her life were safe, reaching one hand to caress Yong’s mochi cheeks while her free hand met the other woman’s over her now prominent baby bump. A little guilty for not coming home earlier, even thought she knew the errands she was taking care of were things she had been putting off for the last week, choosing to stay home cuddling with the pregnant woman and enjoying their time off.  

“How long has it been this bad? Why didn’t you call me sooner honey?”

“Like an hour ago, I left my phone somewhere in the kitchen” It pained her to see Yongsun like this, the first time it happened she didn’t want to believe her claims of a pain so bad she couldn’t move on her own, so bad she was reduced to a whimpering mess instead of the loud woman she knew.

“And the meds the doctor approved for this, did you take them already?”

Yongsun nodded weakly, closing her eyes when it caused the pain to flair up. “right after breakfast, I thought a nap could help but when I woke up I couldn’t stand back up”

She counted the hours to know if it was time for the next pill and moved to stand when Yong gripped her hand tightly, bringing the rapper back down to her previous position.

“Please don’t leave me” She pleaded with teary eyes and a shaky voice. Byul held her hand reassuringly before bringing it to her lips to press a small kiss on the inside of her palm.

“I’m just going to get you some water and the meds, then maybe a warm bath will help, what do you think?” After receiving a confirmation nod from Yong she leaned in closer to give her a sweet kiss on her forehead and stood up.

“I’ll be quick, I promise”

Quickly she went around the apartment collecting the bottle of pills on Yong’s nightstand, an instant hot pack from the bathroom cabinet and a glass of water with a straw from the kitchen.

“Let me first place the heat pack and I’ll help you with the pills in a sec”

With the heat pack placed just over the origin of the pain she moved to help the older woman drink from the glass of water with her eyes closed in pain. She kneeled in silent with a hand running through Yong’s hair, waiting for the older woman to give a sign the meds and heat pack were working as intended.

After an indefinite amount of time in that position her knees ached from kneeling for so long, a pain she was ignoring in favor of giving the other woman all the comfort she could at the moment, aware that any more movement would just serve to worsen the pain.

Finally Yong opened her eyes with a relieved sigh, the previous tension and distress not as strong as before. “Thank you Byul-ah”

“Don’t thank me yet, I know you are still in a lot of pain” She shook her head with a small smile to lighten the mood “are you ready for that bath I mentioned? I know exactly how to help you relax and make the pain go away”

“Really?” Yong responded with a raised eyebrow, indicating that she was thinking of a different relaxing activity.

“Not that! Yong, get your mind out of the gutter!” She said with fake indignance and a small laugh “My mom told me about some herbs I can add to the bath to help you relax, they are completely safe don’t worry, I checked”

“Your mom? The same woman that doesn’t miss every opportunity to remind us that Wheein is her favorite member?” The skepticism plain in her tone.

She had every reason to doubt the older woman would give any advice that could help her, after all just after Byul shared the news with her mother after reaching her 2nd trimester, she received a detailed text describing all the reasons as to why her daughter should go back to her own apartment and stop involving her in her “less than ideal” situation. The situation being Yong deciding to have a child without the husband she was expected to have at her side for this.

Only Yonghee and Seulgi kne

Please log in to read the full chapter