Untold Before Scene #2

Call Me Jeongyeon: Before and After

"Yo Mina-chan!" Jeongyeon greets from afar, that wide smile evident on her face. It is always, always, present whenever Mina is around. Something Jeongyeon has no control of.

 

Mina lets out a disapproving sigh as soon as that overly affectionate greeting flows through her ears, "It's sensei, Yoo-san. Please make it a habit."

 

Her student have been insisting on calling her almost about any nickname there is ‘Mina-chi’ ‘Minari’ ‘Mi-chan’ and more that Mina could no longer keep track of it and just keep reminding this boundary-less student of hers to call her ‘Sensei’ 

 

Jeongyeon, as usual, throws a crooked grin, waving off that unwelcoming reaction from her cute professor, before asking, "Going out for lunch?"

 

"It may surprise you, but it doesn't concern you."

 

"That's a little harsh" Jeongyeon fakes a hurt expression then leans down, that silly smirk spreading on her face "but even this expression looks cute on you, sensei."

 

That little compliment takes Mina by surprise but doesn't let the unexpectedness of it affect her, even when it already had. Because out of nowhere, Mina feels a slight tug around her chest. And with the sweet scent of lavender dancing around her nostrils, Mina feels weirdly intoxicated by her presence. 

 

"Yoo-san, you need to stop kidding around. People might get the wrong idea." Mina says, her face stern, not letting Jeongyeon's happy disposition sway her.

 

Jeongyeon chuckles, standing up straight as she replies "Well, it seems like you've already got the wrong idea, sensei."

 

Mina doesn't understand what Jeongyeon means but sees that shade of red quickly spreading on her student's face, and that mischievous smirk slowly turning to a nervous smile. 

 

It's cute, really cute, Mina thinks, a thought she hasn't had with anyone. Something Mina is also certain she'll never be voicing aloud.

 

Jeongyeon quickly turns to look to the side, hiding her blushed face from that piercing gaze. The way Mina suddenly stared at Jeongyeon, intense and quite longer than usual, was something she's not prepared to handle, especially when it felt like Mina was giving her the interest she has been longing for.  

 

She clears then admits, "Cause I'm not kidding around. I really do like you."

 

This is the first time Jeongyeon has voiced this out in the open and in front of the person she has adored ever since she laid her eyes on her. And surprisingly, at least for Jeongyeon, it felt just right.

 

Consequently, this is also the first time Mina hears it. Sure Jeongyeon has been constantly around her, bringing in compliments and sweet gestures, but Mina has never taken it as something beyond teasing or the girl's odd way of showing gratitude to her English professor.

 

Mina laughs internally. How dumb was she for thinking she's been doing a great at her job that someone is already looking up to her couple weeks into the semester. 

 

Still, Mina doesn't take it as it is even when Jeongyeon already expressed it out in the open. After all, Jeongyeon is still a kid, infatuation lasts only as quickly as her confession.

 

So Mina opst for a joke, "You have an impeccable taste then Yoo-san"

 

Jeongyeon laughs, "I have every intention of hearing her say Yes."

 

"Well good luck with that." Mina mutters dryly, gaining another loud laughter out from Jeongyeon.

 

Jeongyeon is well aware of what Mina has meant, already knows her chances are slim(even non-existent) but Jeongyeon would still try, and will keep on trying. Because for one, she also knows for sure that it'll all be worth it, if her persistence would mean being with her in the end.

 

"Alright." Jeongyeon speaks after long seconds of silence between them. The taller girl smiles, without the usual cheekiness behind it, "I hope you have a great lunch sensei."

 

"You too." is all Mina replies with a small smile on her face as she watches Jeongyeon walk past her.

 

"Maybe someday, Mina."

 

After all, Mina has never really exactly said 'No'. And that's something- actually it is everything for Jeongyeon, and more than enough reason to continue pursuing.