Chapter 2

Dancing With the (Kpop) Stars

The apartment was rather small, probably because the only person who actually stayed in it was your mom. Taemin told you that he mainly stayed in the Shinee dorms and only visited when he got a break; which is rarely ever now because Shinee was preparing for their 2012 comeback. You did listen to a lot of Kpop, but Shinee was your second favorite boy group, your favorite was Big Bang (but you would never tell Taemin that). You fell asleep after arranging your stuff in your new room. Taemin had left for a photo shoot for some WKorea magazine and he promised you that he would take you to the Shinee dorms the next day. You immediately regret going to sleep so early because you woke up at around 2 am due to jetlag. You decided to skype Ashley or Maddy with the macbook in your room, they were probably freaking out about Taemin already. Only a few of your kpop loving friends knew that you were Taemin’s little sister, you didn’t like to brag about these kind of things like other girls in your position would.

“Heeeeyyyyyyy” Ashley said as her video image popped onto the screen.

“Hii”

            “Oh my god, so how’s Korea so far? Did you meet any famous people yet?” she asked excitedly. She was always hyper for some reason.

            “Dude, I’ve only been here for a few hours, the only people I’ve seen are my mom and my brother…”

            “OMG, is Taemin there right now??? Can I meet him??” Ashley was a HUGE Taemin fan and you always found it awkward when she obsessed about how cute, and hot and ‘y’, as she would put it, your older brother was. So when you had told her that he was your brother she had just about freaked.

            “No he went to some weird photoshoot thingy, I think he’s coming back tomorrow.”

            “Oh, okay he better. And you better take a lot of pictures with Shinee and Super Junior, and SNSD and whoever else you meet and send them to me okay?” you nod in response. “Oh and be careful at school, I heard from my other Korean friends that they like to bully new students or foreign students, so be careful okay Hannah?”

            “I will, but I think those are just rumors, I’m pretty sure they’ll be nice”

You hear Ashley’s mom’s voice calling her, something about grocery shopping and babysitting.

            “Oh my god, ok I’m sorry Hannah I got to go but you better text me tomorrow k?” and before you know it she hangs up. Afterwards you end up falling asleep again and waking up to someone shaking you really hard and yelling your name.

            “Yah!!!! Lee Hana! Wake up sleepy head!” you squint your eyes open and see Taemin leaning over you and smiling. You turn around and bury your head into the pillow

“mm too…tireed…wnna sleep mrr” you mumble into your pillow.

            “Okay then I guess that means you don’t want to go to Shinee’s dorm with me today” he says as he turns around to walk out of your room. OH YEAH!  You completely forgot about that but now that you were reminded you are wide awake and out of bed.

            “WAIT, just kidding Oppa, I’m not sleepy anymore I am totally going to meet Shinee today” you say while running wildly around your room, looking for clothes to wear and getting ready. Taemin laughs and hands you your hairbrush that you were looking for. You get dressed in the cutest outfit you brought with you and tied your hair in a side ponytail.

   

(this is what you are wearing)                                                                              (What Taemin is wearing)

 

            The car waiting for you guys outside was the same one from the night before. The drive to Shinee’s dorm took 15 minutes, it was located in Seoul near the Han river. When you stepped inside you were surprised at how small it was, though it was still rather fancy and clean.

            “Taemin-ah this must be your little sister!” says a familiar deep voice. You turn around to see THE Kim Kibum, or the almighty Key of Shinee walking over to you. You thought you were going to faint, or hyperventilate…or both.  Key was even more good-looking in person, his eyes were sharp and his skin as flawless as his bone structure. His hair was a jet black color that looked amazing on him.

            “Hi Hannah, I’m Key!” he said in almost perfect English and held out his hand.

You could only smile and look at him with big eyes, it was like you forgot how to talk in his presence.

            “Kyeoptaa! OMona, Taemin your sister is so cute, she’s even cuter than you!” Key said and you blushed.

            “Hey where’s Jonghyun, Onew, and Minho?” Taemin asks while taking off his shoes and setting his bag down onto the table.

            “psh, they all have full schedules, so I guess you’re stuck with me all day Hana!”

            “w-wait what?” you ask with confusion looking at Taemin.

            “Oh Taemin didn’t tell you? He’s busy today but I’m free so I’m going to be taking care of you and showing you around Seoul” He said this with excitement and you did a little joy dance on the inside, yay! A whole day with Key!

            “So what do you want to do first Hana?” he asks and just at that moment your stomach growls.

            “Oh are you hungry? Did you not have breakfast yet?”

            You shake your head “No”.

            “YAH! Taemin-ah you’re such a bad brother having your cute little sister starve like this” Key scolds Taemin.

            “Hey! It’s not my fault, you were the one who told me to bring her here right away” Taemin says defensively and you laugh at their little squabble.

            “yea yea whatever, okay Hana first we’ll go eat breakfast and then we’ll go back to school shopping for you okay?” Key said this while slipping on his shoes and grabbing some key from the counter.

            “okay!” you say in agreement and follow him out the door.

And so your day with Shinee’s Key commenced.