Chapter 1

Dancing With the (Kpop) Stars

LAX was filled with crowds of people that day, probably because it was near the end of summer vacation and people were traveling back home because school was starting soon. But it was different for you, you were moving away from home, to Korea. Your dad and stepmom as well as your two best friends Ashley and Maddy had sent you to the airport. Your stepmom had been crying, saying she would miss you a lot and your dad hugged you tightly, telling you to call him once the plane landed in Seoul. Ashley had bought you a sweater and cute new lead pencils and Maddy had baked you cookies as a going away gift. You promised you would facebook message and skype them once you could get a hold of a computer.

            You were nervous and excited, despite the fact that you were born in Korea, you had moved away when you were only four and have not been back since. Taemin and your mother have visited you guys in the United States several times though.

            “Korean Airlines flight 147 to Seoul will begin boarding in 5 minutes” said a female voice over the airport intercom. You picked up your large purple suitcase and pink purse and made your way over to the gate. The plane was nice and large. You sat next to a girl about your age and her older brother. They were friendly to you and you could practice your Korean with them. Although you were basically fluent, sometimes you had a slight American accent and your vocabulary was rather narrow.

You texted Taemin:

Hey! Just boarded the plane :) im so excited!!!

A few moments later he replied:

Me too! Be careful though, omma and I will be waiting for you here at the airport. See you soon :)

The whole plane ride you just listened to music and slept. By the time you woke up the captain was announcing over the speakers that the plane was landing In Incheon national airport. Outside it looked about midafternoon; apparently it was cold. You cursed yourself for only wearing a light cardigan because it was really hot in Los Angeles.

The moment you stepped into the terminal, you were overwhelmed by the amount of people. All the signs were in Korean so it took you a while to figure out where you were and where to go(Because you were really slow at reading Korean).

“Hanna! Over here!” You hear a male voice call you and you turn around to see Taemin and your mom waving at you. You run over with your luggage and hug them both. Taemin was so much taller than you now, and you noticed that his hairstyle had changed; it was now a dark brown and kind of wavy. Probably for Shinee’s new comeback concept, you think to yourself. He was wearing large sunglasses and a beanie, so people wouldn’t recognize him. Your mom worriedly fretted over you, asking if you had enough to eat on the airplane. You tell her that you are fine,and that you are just tired. You notice that two men were standing there as well and you realize they are Taemin’s bodyguards, just in case those crazy fangirls got too crazy. But it seemed like no one had noticed you guys…yet.

But the moment you guys stepped outside of the airport a crowd of girls were surrounding Taemin.

“Omo omo, Taemin-ah your so handsome”

“ooopppppaaaaa”

“Oppaa sarangheyyooo”

“I love shinee, Taemin-ah why are you so adorable”

Those were the things you heard, as well as

“Omo, who’s that girl?”

“Is that his girlfriend?”

“I am so jealous of her, oppa is mine!”

Wow, apparently word hadn’t got out yet that Taemin’s sister was back from America…oh well they’ll figure it out soon enough you think to yourself.

Taemin pulled you into a black car as your mom got into the passenger seat.

“Wow, I didn’t know you were THAT popular oppa” you said to Taemin.

“Ha ha, well that’s what I get for being a kpop idol…and soon you’ll be just as famous because your my little sister”

You made a face at this. You didn’t want to famous for that, you didn’t want to just be known as “Lee Taemin’s little sister”. Taemin laughed at your expression.

“Omo, are you cold Hana?”. You then notice that you are kind of shivering and there are goosebumps on your arms. He hands you his sweater and you gratefully accept it.

“Where are we going now?” you ask Taemin.

He smiles, “we’re going to your new home”