Final

Lollipop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho casually waves his hand when he saw Jonghyun’s walking their direction. The weather of early summer is perfect to lounge around at the small truck cafes at the piazza that connect the east and west wings of their campus. Minho’s enjoying his ice cappuccino and his second corndog while Kibum, well..

“You don’t have any class?” Jonghyun drags the stool next to Kibum.

“My Graphic Design Management class is cancelled. So I guess I’ll have the rest of the afternoon free. Or not. Because I will have to babysit this man,” he chin-points to Kibum’s direction who looks like Dementor just the life out of him.

“What’s wrong with this dude? His battery’s running out or he finally realized that money doesn’t grow on trees?”

Kibum still zoning out, ignoring all the teasing and mockery Jonghyun just threw on him, unlike his usual where he’d easily clap back with his witty banter.

“He knows money doesn’t grow on trees. And he’s not running out of his battery although I’m pretty sure there’s some sort circuits happened inside his funny head.”

Still, Kibum literally doesn’t lift a finger despite Minho and Jonghyun spew some words right on his ears. His eyes stuck on the glistening cherry flavored lollipop on his left hand while his right one goes back and fort between covering his mouth and massaging his temple.

“Dude. Seriously. You make me worried.”

“Don’t be. It’s just certain Lee Jinki happened to stop by earlier and in my point of view, we all saw something quite interesting. Well, I saw something. Kibum was practically blinded by the man smile.”

“Jinki was here?”

“Yeah, right where you’re sitting right now,” Minho perfectly throws the corndog’s stick to the trash can three feet away on his right.

“And?”

“And he actually did something I’d rather say gross.”

“He’s not gross.”

“Well, highly unhygienic at least.”

Jonghyun sips his ice americano quietly, “Enlighten me, will you?”

 

***
 

30 minutes earlier

 

“I know you are type A person, a very model student, and what people call the perfect combination of brain and the brawn, but seriously Choi Minho, you’re very barbaric when it comes for food.”

Minho pretends he doesn’t hear his best friend nagging and just shoves mini tacos to his mouth. Two at a time.

“I’m still cannot fathom on how those chicks and dudes worship you like you’re the modern savior they’ve been waiting for.”

“At least I’m not as snarky as you. I don’t nurture ugly mouth. I don’t throw shade on people over petty things. I’m kind so this habitual stuff doesn’t pass their qualification on important issue to care about.”

Kibum stops rummaging his satchel, Minho’s words just ruined the refreshing breeze that cools his heated head after a very dreading class.

“You better watch your mouth,” he points the lollipop on his left hand to Minho’s face who’s still munching his late lunch, “I’m not snarky, I’m just confident on who I am and what I’m thinking. That makes me always voicing what’s inside my mind. There’s a huge difference on that.”

Now it’s Minho’s turn to not believing what he just heard.

“Hold that thought, shall we? Confident?”

Kibum shrugs and continues to unwrap his lollipop which now slowly turning to be the pain in the because it’s harder than usual. Just right when his blood sugar in the verge of dropping.

“How dare you speaking about confident in front of my face when you’re turn into a rock whenever Jinki’s around? Or even worse, avoiding the man at all cost in the university but obviously flirting sooooo friggin hard with him on social media?!!?”

“I’m flirting cryptically!”

Minho rolls his eyes, “Yeah, anyone with instagram account can tell.”

Kibum’s face went crimson, because his best friend speaks only the truth. Flirting with Jinki online is so much easier than facing the man in real life. In instagram, he can type then delete then retype then delete it again and type it again before he sent his witty comments or cynical caption on his posts—which lately full of hinting some hidden code about how wonderful man Jinki is.

Completely poles apart when he’s facing the man flesh and blood, Jinki’s presence makes him chickened out in instant. His bright smiles and deep voice magically controlled his feet to fleet away from where he stood.

“Seriously, Kim Kibum. You need to man up before others snatching your prince charming away. I heard the competition is huge in the International Economic Department.”

His frustration over unopened lollipop doubled when Minho blurted out his opinion, easily irked Kibum’s already crammed mind. He’s been busy day dreaming about how to approach Jinki—in a classy, funny, friendly but impactful way—during his Advance Textile Art class without Minho needs to tell him so.

“I just realized he’s so much more handsome, gorgeous, funny, amazing, and everything good feature my grandma mention about how a partner should be in real life. Those instagram posts are just the tip of iceberg of his, how do I cal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter