47 words

47 ways to show that I love you.

1. Bullet
“I mean it when I say I will catch a bullet for you, Soo.” “I think the correct phrase is I would catch a grenade for you, oppa.” Sooyoung teased as a confused Kyuhyun scratched his head, wondering if he had remembered the correct song lyrics.

2. Rent
“Alright this has to stop right now!” An angry Leeteuk screamed, on the verge of tearing his hair out over a game of Monopoly. Sooyoung and Kyuhyun cackled at the despaired face of the Super Junior’s leader as he paid the heavy rent of Park Lane with a house and hotel.

3. Wind
As the wind blew on Sooyoung’s face gently, the contented smile on her face reminds Kyuhyun of the first time he realised he was in love with her.

4. Winter
“I am cold,” Kyuhyun complained as he snuggled closer to Sooyoung under their shared blanket, much to her chagrin. Eunhyuk stared with a raised eyebrow, remembering the times Kyuhyun would walk around the dorm clad simply in a tshirt and shorts in the middle of winter.

5. Resurface
Everytime news of his car accident resurface, the tight hug that Sooyoung offers him reassures him that no matter what happens in the future, they would face it together.

6. Uncle
When Heechul’s daughter came to visit, Kyuhyun was adamant that she addressed him as Kyuhyun oppa instead of Uncle Kyuhyun like how Heeyeon addresses the other Super Junior members.

7. Revealing
“This is too revealing! How can a mother of two wear something this revealing to her kids’ school?” Kyuhyun scolded as he attempted to cover the holes on Sooyoung’s ripped jeans while they were standing outside the school with the other parents, waiting for their twins to end classes. 

8. Thursday 
When their friends realised how important Thursday nights were to Sooyoung and Kyuhyun, they took turns to babysit the twins during their date nights without them asking, much to the couple’s gratitude.

9. Schedule
When Super Show 13 commenced and Kyuhyun had to fly internationally while on tour, the twins followed their mother to her schedules; Sooyoung’s heart was filled to the brim with joy as the twins clapped enthusiastically while she modelled for Sunny’s fashion line. 

10. Immortality
If Sooyoung wishes to have teleportation as a super power, Kyuhyun would wish to have immortality because he wants to spend every single day as Sooyoung’s.

11. Sustainability
After hearing Siwon ramble on about sustainability and recycling, Sooyoung dragged Kyuhyun to volunteer at a recycling center for 2 weeks. As much as he cared about sustainability, his hyung is going to get coal for Christmas that year. 

12. Vacation
When Taeyeon suggested a vacation together with all the members of Super Junior and SNSD, Sooyoung suggested Rome because that was where Kyuhyun proposed. Kyuhyun immediately seconded the idea, only to get shot down by Ryeowook, quoting the fact that they went Rome the year before and the year before that as well.

13. Melodramatic
Every movie night at their house ends with the members complaining about how Yesung is too melodramatic and they could not focus on the movie due to his exaggerated comments.

14. Cavity
Sooyoung was soft with the twins, cradling them in her protection in hopes that they would not have to face the pain of growing up so soon. Hence, Kyuhyun was not surprised when Sooyoung bawled after the dentist mentioned that Younghyun had a cavity that needed filling during the twins’ dental appointment.

15. Direction
Kyuhyun realised that it was a mistake to ask Sooyoung to navigate to the beach house herself when he had to go find her after she cited that she was lost, only to find her a road away from the beach house. Kyuhyun was annoyed but Sooyoung reminded him that he should have remembered that she had no sense of direction, none whatsoever. 

16. Grouchy
The last time Sooyoung was this grouchy, it was right before they found out that Sooyoung was pregnant; This time, it was no different. Kyuhyun embraced Sooyoung tightly as the doctor congratulated the couple with news that Sooyoung is 3 weeks pregnant.

17. Paranoia
Sooyoung banned Eunhyuk from suggesting thriller movies at their monthly movie night session, after Kyuhyun stocked up their groceries in a state of paranoia, convinced that the thunder clapping outside was a sure sign that the world was ending soon.

18. Hair
“Eomma no, no cut hair, no no.” Hyunyoung tugged on Sooyoung’s hair, trying to stop her mother from cutting her hair. Sooyoung turned and glared at her husband, knowing that it must be Kyuhyun who coerced the twins into saying no when she told them that she was going to cut her hair shorter. Kyuhyun grinned sheepishly, he loved his wife’s long locks.

19. Bewildered
When asked what are the things he valued the most, Kyuhyun grabbed the twins and pulled them to sit on his lap, placing fond kisses on both their cheeks repeatedly. A bewildered Sooyoung sits on his left, prompting bursts of laughter from their fellow members.

20. Replacement
Kyuhyun sighed, as he stared at the twins waddling behind Siwon. He told the twins that they couldn’t have ice cream before dinner and the twins threw a tantrum, threatening (with little use) that they hated their father and will find another Appa to replace him.

21. Morning
The morning after their wedding, Sooyoung and Kyuhyun were wondering where all their members were; until they opened the master bedroom door and found their members sprawled all over the room, half of Donghae’s body hanging awkwardly off the sofa.

22. Overindulge
Sooyoung casually mentioned to Kyuhyun that she was craving for something sweet but her husband went too much out of the way and overindulged her; gaping at all the different types of cake and dessert laid on the dining table in front of her, she started to call her fellow members to invite them over to help finish the desserts.

23. Parade
When the twins turned 5, the Super Junior members decided to turn their birthday party into a parade of sorts, strutting down the hallway in last-minute costumes made from materials sourced from whatever they could find in Sooyoung and Kyuhyun’s living room. 

24. Engagement
Sooyoung didn’t know this, but before Kyuhyun proposed to her, he sourced for months for an engagement ring fitting for the love of his life; until his mother handed to him the ring that his grandmother gave her when she married his father and that is when he knew, he had found the perfect ring. 

25. Protect
Kyuhyun could only hug her tightly, unable to stop the hot tears running down both their cheeks, willing to shield her from any pain that she is experiencing, as the doctor broke the news that they couldn’t protect the life that they were looking forward to hold in their arms in a few months.

26. Surprise
Sooyoung and Kyuhyun stopped being surprised at whoever they found sprawled in their living room when they woke up because they knew that their members were trying to show their care and concern in the little ways they know how, by checking up on them whenever they can.  

27. Motorcycle
When Kyuhyun mentioned that he wanted to learn how to ride a motorcycle, Sooyoung stared at him, unimpressed, as she reminded him that the day before, he wanted to learn woodworking and the week before, he wanted to learn gardening.

28. Saint
Sooyoung always thought that she was extremely lucky to have a saint as her husband but Heechul would say that she had done a gracious deed by taking away the worst guy off the market, thanking her profusely for doing everyone a favour, much to Kyuhyun’s exasperation.

29. Mistake
“Oppa, are you sure that this is correct?” Sooyoung asked, as Kyuhyun battles with an English question, refusing to acknowledge that there was a mistake with his answer; Sooyoung slowly took out her phone and took a picture of the question covertly, sending the question to Tiffany for assistance.

30. Camera
“Soo-ah, what are you doing?” Kyuhyun smiled behind the camera, hoping to capture all the little things in life, for it is the little moments like this that make life big. Sooyoung beamed as she held up the pancake batter that she was stirring to the camera, the twins’ laughter in the background.

31. Test
The Super Junior members were seated in a classroom setting for one of their schedules, a mathematics test paper on the table. “Younghyun-ah, Hyunyoung-ie, Appa is going to be first again!” Kyuhyun cackled loudly as the twins clapped excitedly from behind the director’s seat.

32. Elect
It was ironic how Kyuhyun was elected as the Most Eligible Bachelor amongst s by the fans but was neither a bachelor, nor most eligible (in Ryeowook’s words); though Sooyoung does agree that she did snag the most eligible bachelor then.

33. Sauna
When Yesung moved in next door and converted one of his toilets into a dry sauna, the twins begged Kyuhyun to bring them over every night so that they could try their favourite uncle’s sauna, much to Yesung’s delight; though Kyuhyun didn’t have the heart to enlighten Yesung that he was only their favourite uncle because he is the only one with a dry sauna at home.

34. War
It started with Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun replacing 
Yesung’s shampoo with hair dye, to Leeteuk’s fridge being moved to Shindong’s house and at the height of their prank war, Sooyoung teamed up with Yuri and Yoona to change the members’ contact names in the phones of all the Super Junior members; Heechul didn’t save any of their numbers and Sooyoung wasn’t married to the evil maknae of Super Junior for nothing.

35. Subjective
Kyuhyun knew that looks were subjective but if it was up to him, Sooyoung is the most admirable, adorable, alluring, angelic, appealing, enthralling and, graceful person in the world. He could continue listing all her fair traits but Sooyoung pinched his side, willing him to stop embarrassing her in front of their friends.

36. Lunch
Kyuhyun’s favourite moment of the day starts when Sooyoung comes into the agency with 2 lunchboxes in her hand, though their affectionate lunch time often leaves his hyungs gagging at the back.

37. Sun
“Appa, what is sun?” Younghyun asked Kyuhyun, as he pointed to the foreign word on the book he was holding. “Hyun-ah, the sun is like your Eomma. Her presence is as blinding as the sun and her smile is as bright as the sun shines. You look forward to seeing the sun everyday.” Kyuhyun smiled fondly, his hand gently ruffling Younghyun’s hair.

38. Floor
One day, when the twins return from school, Hyunyoung ran up to Sooyoung eagerly, “Eomma, eomma, I have a boyfriend now!” Kyuhyun fell to the floor in utter shock, his overprotectiveness kicking in at the idea of his baby girl in a relationship, until Sooyoung reminded him that the twins were only 6 and probably had a different idea of what love is.

39.  Bruise
Before they got together officially, Ryeowook had once complaint to Sooyoung that Kyuhyun was mean and went ahead to show her an extending bruise that Kyuhyun had inflicted on him when they were filming their music video; “I will make that bruise worse if you keep sprouting nonsense like that,” Kyuhyun threatened as he dragged Ryeowook away. “See Sooyoung, mean!”

40. Tinge
Usually, it would be Kyuhyun taking on the role of disciplining the twins, but the twins pulled a prank on Heechul’s daughter and Kyuhyun was still in the middle of a musical practice; The twins thought that it was a good idea to replace Heeyeon’s toothpaste with food colouring and though it was pretty cute to see Heeyeon crying with purple-stained teeth, the twins still needed to be disciplined on appropriate pranks. Sooyoung sighed, it is obvious who they got that tinge of evil trait from.

41. Applause
As Kyuhyun stood on the stage concluding his musical performance, his eyes searched the audience for his family. Though, before he found them, he heard them - the loudest applause coming from the first few rows occupied by his beautiful wife, children and rowdy members. He bowed in appreciation, as the curtains closed.

42. Sail
Sooyoung’s dream was once to sail around the world, to explore and immerse herself in the different cultures. Though, looking at the twins sound asleep between her and Kyuhyun now, Sooyoung was contented with the simple dream of having a home where she can come back to everyday, her heart full of love. 

43. Mainstream
Kyuhyun thought that calling his wife by pet names were too mainstream. Although, he wouldn’t mind it if Sooyoung calls him Yeobo or Jagiya (Sooyoung would never let him live it down if she knew that he likes being called Yeobo).

44. Together
A big, red F greeted the both of them on Younghyun’s math paper. “The son of a mathematics genius getting a F on math...” Kyuhyun trailed off, unable to comprehend the situation on hand. Sooyoung patted Kyuhyun on his shoulder, comforting him, “Oppa, remember how on Happy Together you said that you wouldn’t make your child study?”

45. Sensitive
While Sooyoung is attuned to the sounds the twins made, attentive to their needs; Kyuhyun is sensitive to their surroundings, his sharp instincts prepared to shield his loved ones from any signs of danger.

46. Stalk
Hyunyoung did not tell her parents that she was going on a date with Eunwoo, in fear that her parents (especially her Appa) and Uncle Eunhyuk would crash their first date. Though, Hyunyoung did not realise that her father has been stalking her since she left home, much to her mother’s exasperation as she too, followed behind. 

47. Passcode
Yesung vowed to change his passcode the third time after Kyuhyun barged into his apartment with Sooyoung chasing right behind him, screaming bloody murder, destroying any intentions he had of a peaceful day relaxing without any schedule. Although, as Donghae put it, the damn passcode is always your birthday, Hyung.