PART I: THREE

The Half of It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PART I: "Love is simply the name for the desire and pursuit of the whole" Plato, the symposium.

 

As she was climbing the hill to her house, Moonbyul heard the noise of a truck from behind, and she knew what would happen next. Inadvertenly, she began to pedal faster, as if trying to avoid the inevitable. 

When the truck passed at her side, she heard the boys shout: 'chu chu!'. And she ignored as always, wondering if life did became better once you left highscool.

“Hey!” she also heard from behind. She ignored it, thinking it was aimed at someone else. “Hey!” she heard again.

Couldn't this people leave her alone even for just a second? Jeez.

“Hey! Hold up!” she heard again, but she didn't stop.

Suddenly, her bike came to a halt as someone grabbed the basket where she had her backpack and she found herself falling to the side of the road. It wasn't a hard fall, but still she felt her anger rised as she got up and faced the guy.

“What is wrong with you?” she screamed to him as she grabbed her bike to lift it up. 

“I-I-I-I'm sorry... Uh...” the boy stammered, looking for something on his backpack.

She observed him as she stood up with some kind of paper between his hands. What the hell did he want? She rolled her eyes at him, probably just another douchebag who wanted her to write his essay.

“Ten dollars for three pages, 20$ for three to ten.” Moonbyul said in a monotone tone. “Not in the over-te-page biz.” 

“No, I'm not trying to cheat.” the boy said shily.

“Nobody is.” she mocked him. “Whose class is it for?” 

“No, it-it's not... Um.” the guy said with his eyebrows furrowed.

Moonbyul was getting impatient. She didn't understand what the heck this guy wanted and why he was holding her back when the only thing she wanted was to be at her house. He gave her the paper he had on his hands.

“What's this?” she asked, confused.

“A letter.” he replied-

“Who writes letters these days?” She asked. This was getting more and more confusing.

“I-I thought it'd seem romantic.” he said.

She opened it, curious but closed it right away. She didn't need to read more, as soon she saw the name of Kim Yongsun she knew she didn't want to be involved in whatever that was. She scoffed and gave it back to the guy, as if the paper could burn her.

“Can't help you.” she declared, ready to come back to her beautiful house.

“I-I just need a few wrods. Good ones.” the guy added quickly. Moonbyul found it funny how bad this guy was with words, but she cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter