Jaebeom - This Dance

Got7 Royalty AU

The ballroom was decorated in extreme detail. The flowers were freshly picked. Every string of garland was hand-crafted with the finest materials. The food was prepared by the kingdom’s most talented chefs. The kingdom’s most famous orchestra played with flourish upon a stage.

All for King Jaebeom’s coronation.

There was a stunning mix of colors that swirled about the dance floor in the form of ball gowns. Every hue imaginable and yet just one stood out to him. Stole his breath and attention with one glance.

His favorite dress was green.

Maybe it was the way it clung to your curves whenever you stood up to accept a dance. Or maybe it was the way it floated around you as you twirled about. Jaebeom had seen you in lots of dresses, all different. But this one was his favorite, hands down. You looked like a fairy-tale princess. Ethereal and elegant. The second the song began to fade, he found himself rising from his chair. He cut through the crowd, ignoring those who politely bowed to him. His eyes were on you. The way your eyes sparkled as you danced with yet another man who’d been brave enough to ask.

Jaebeom tapped the gentleman’s shoulder and cleared his throat. The man turned, nearly breaking his neck as he did a double-take. “Y-your Majesty!”

Jaebeom smiled. “Hello.” He turned to you. “May I cut in?”

“Of course!” He bowed slightly and backed away from you.

Jaebeom quickly took his place, gently taking your hand as he placed one of his on your waist. He was aware he should’ve asked first, but knew he would’ve kept asking until you caved. He took a step closer. “You look stunning tonight.”

“Thank you, Your Majesty.” You were nervous. He wished he knew you well enough so you’d relax. “As do you.”

The world seemed to fall away as you both continued to sway back and forth. The conversation was polite chit-chat that dissolved into a comfortable silence as the orchestra transitioned to a new piece. Jaebeom couldn’t recall the last time he’d been this calm and content with someone. It was then that he knew his search was over. He’d finally found his queen.

“What’s your name?” He asked softly, eyes glued to your lips.

“_____.” Your voice was music to his ears, soothing like a lullaby.

“Mmm, _____.” He savored the way his lips formed each syllable. “Would you like to have dinner with me tomorrow?”