4

Books Before Boys

 

I was early to pick her up and I was glad she did not have a book with her.  We rode the bus together and we were sitting side by side. The bus was crowded but I didn’t mind being close to her, though I mind the looks she’s getting form the other guys. I felt protective of her again.

 

Because of this, I had to make her lean into my chest to hide her face. She stiffened when I put my arms over her shoulder as I made her lean into my chest.

 

“I’m sorry. I don’t want the other guys staring at you” I apologized. She said nothing but then she gradually relaxed.

 

I don’t know how to explain it, but it made me happy having her in my arms, like she belonged there. I was starting to doubt myself, hearing the rat’s mocking voice. I wasn’t an overly possessive person, allowing my friends to borrow my stuff. But with her, I felt territorial. And the earlier I establish she’s mine, the better.

 

 

 

 

 

At school, the people who saw us together were all abuzz. My fangirls looked like they were going to cry.

 

She went into her classroom as I told her to meet me for lunch. I was all smiles as I went into my class when the boys held me up with a barrage of questions and comments.

 

“Was that her Ji?” TOP hyung asked.

 

“I didn’t know she was that pretty!” Dae said excitedly.

 

“Nice to see you smiling like a lovesick puppy” Youngbae teased.

 

“If you’re not serious with her, can I have her instead?!” Seungri begged.

 

I just nodded at TOP hyung and smiled at Dae and Youngbae and flicked the rat‘s forehead. They wouldn’t get it even if I explained.

 

 

 

 

At lunch, we ate together at my table. The boys were curiously looking at her while the maknae was gawking.

 

“Jiyong, are you sure it’s okay with your friends that I sit here?” she asked.

 

“Don’t mind them especially the rat staring at you. And don’t be so formal. Call me Ji” I said as I reached for her hand across the table.

 

She blushed as I did so.

 

 

 

 

 

We were on our way home. I carried her bag and entwined my fingers with hers.

 

“Ji, this is embarrassing. People might misinterpret what you’re doing. The other girls are all asking me if I’m your girlfriend and I’m getting tired of telling them I’m not”

 

“So tell them, you are” I said.

 

“What?! Are you serious?” she said surprised but kept her voice low. “You’ve only met me for a day and you’re acting all possessive and sweet.”

 

“I’ve already been around you, only I don’t think you knew. I had to find a way to get you away from your books just so you’ll notice me.” I admitted.

 

She looked surprised with what I said.

 

“I’m sorry for scheming but I don’t regret it. Besides I only have a week with you to myself without books, so I’m making the most of it.” I said.

 

“What do you mean? Isn’t our agreement over after a week?” she asked.

 

“We’ve only just started. You agreed to a week without books with me so it doesn’t cover the period with books that I could I have with you” I said, pointing out the loophole in our agreement.

 

“Besides, don’t you think I’m better than the books?”

 

“I think you’re conceited that’s what” she said, smiling.

 

“Aah! Admit it, you’re starting to like me” I teased.

 

“You’re starting to bug me” she said.

 

“In one week, you’ll be singing a different tune. You might even love me” I said, surely.

 

“What makes you think that?” she asked.

 

I leaned into her, staring into her beautiful brown eyes.

 

“Because if you didn’t like me, you would’ve already pulled your hand away but you didn’t.” I said as I neared my face closer to her “And if you didn’t like me…”

 

“What?” she asked almost breathless, her lips quivered in anticipation.

 

I let my lips do the talking. Luckily, we spoke the same language.

 

As our lips parted, I smiled.

 

“And if you didn’t like me, you wouldn’t have kissed me back.”

 

She smiled a knowing smile, “I’d still say you’re conceited and you bug me. I can’t wait til the week is over and I’m back with my books.”

 

“Really? After me, you’d still want your books!?” I asked quite hurt.

 

“Of course, but only so I could read more romance” she said, smiling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


told you it would be short and sweet=)

i wrote this fic to commemorate my one year in AFF and as a daragon writer. i wanted to be reminded why i took up writing daragon in the first place, because they made me smile and gave me flutters.

i may be expanding my writing to write more serious fics but it's the light-hearted ones that i'll always return to.

for all the readers who commented and subcribed to me when i first started with entwined, and for those who stayed with me and followed my writing in my other fics whether oneshots or multishots, for the readers who have just found out about me and are liking my fics and reading them retrospectively, for the readers who are my friends who never fail to encourage me, for the readers who are inspired to write, for the future readers who will love daragon as much as i do:

this is for you=)

 

 

follow me on twiiter @ukinarij