Baekhyun Moves To Boston

A Night to Remember

One Year Later

Baekhyun's POV. 

Finally that annoying little fasten seatbelt switches off, and the massive engines no longer rumble and shake. Baekhyun lets out a sigh of relief,  thank god that's over, it's just his luck his last 16 hour flight would have the worst turbulence ever. He smiles though when he stretches his legs out and doesn't even reach the little foot cubby that comes with every business class seat! His leaving present from Jongdae, Baekhyun smiles again at  how on his last day with Park Industries, Jongdae flounced up to his desk and reminiscent of a similar day 12 months ago. Accept instead of feeling nothing but melancholy over his life choices, Baekhyun was a happy puppy practically beaming when he he watched as Jongdae slapped down a beautifully wrapped box on his desk before huffing out a whine so loud of "I can't believe I'm finally loosing my favourite member of staff, to my brother! Go get him tiger. Don't forget Mother will expect you both back in Seoul for new year." All before flouncing off like the diva he now knows Jongdae is. The man truly is a force to be reckoned  with, god help anyone try to stop him.

 

To the say the last 12 months have been hectic would be an understatement, so much has changed for him.  He finally moved out of his dive apartment,  it did take 6 months after his return from Boston. He had foolishly held out hope that his family would come round, sadly instead other members of his family decided they would out him publicly. The hate mail that proceeded from the abuse from his family, was just getting too much so he finally buried his pride and accepted Suho's offer of being a room mates. It was ideal as it meant he could save up to buy a better laptop as his fossil just didn't support the functions for long distance Skype calls. Something he discovered after a disastrous attempt at Skype and also be able to save for flight tickets. Except he didn't   have to save for a laptop, after bursting in tears over an expensive phone call, Chanyeol had a brand new iPad delivered to Him. Said IPad is now safely tucked away in the leather man bag that made part of his leaving gift from the most stylish among all his  friends Sehun. 

 

Baekhyun takes one final look out the window, it's an exact replica of the first time he arrived in this country a white winter wonderland. He can't help but reminisce over those glorious days, when he arrived in Boston 12 months ago, he remembers how nervous he was, how he expected Chanyeol to slam his apartment door in his face. It would be what he deserved after practically pushing his best friend away instead of trying to make it work. Baekhyun shivers pleasantly as he remembers how that didn't happen! Instead of the door slamming he was lifted off his feet and carried through the apartment to Chanyeol's gigantic bed. Their reunion was a frantic marathon of love making, that left both Chanyeol and himself sore! Followed by a night of soft kisses and tears  holding each other close, neither of them able to believe they were back in each other's arms! Tears of joy and whispered promises of never being separated again. 

 

 

The cabin stewardess opening the door to the jet bridge snaps him out his happy memories, just in time for Boston's infamous cold weather to leach in to the jetbridge. Baekhyun truly can't believe this is happening, that his life is finally no longer filled with sorrow, that he's finally happy to wake up each morning! It's all thanks to the Parks and their connections, when they discovered their sons long term friend turned life partner, was being persecuted by his traditional political family, they were very quick to act, before he knew it  he got accepted for a work visa for America and even managed to secure a job. On Chanyeol's only visit back to Seoul four moths ago, all thanks to something about an American holiday called Labour day. Baekhyun revealed his big news. That he got a visa and is even going to be working at the Boston Tribune, as an actual journalist! It was the first time he saw Chanyeol cry, before he joined in when Chanyeol parents had advised they would be buying them their own love nest, abs has paid off both of their student loans. 

 

Everything is coming together its like a dream come true. His stomach flutters at the thought of his boyfriends face when he appears at their new apartment a whole month early! He can already picture those ugly yellow and green tracksuit pants, and those adorable wire rimmed glasses Chanyeol wears when he is studying. Finally passed security with his new green card he heads out the terminal to the bitter cold, thankful that he too took all those English classes at the hagwon and as his minor at university. Taking a deep breath to calm all the anxious excitement at finally making it to Boston in one piece he hails a cab.