Chapter 1

Desiderata

Chapter 1: An ice breaker turns out it's not

 

 

 

There's a roommate squad on the cafeteria and spouting a riddles to each other in a sequence to their age.

 

She doesn't know that there's a crowd immersing to their way that the culprit is a grumpy Rosé and in front of her is Suzy looking around for a specific person named Winter. Suzy makes it a point that she wasn't desperate at it looks like to the contract with Rosé. She was there to defend herself to Rosé that Joy ended up with her on the way to the cafeteria with her. But for Rosé is another story that she would like to have around with Sana.

 

In other words, they also saw that they were already sitting in the table of Irene, Sana, Jihyo, Yeri, and Winter. They were there with the news and food from Suzy and Joy's admirer that the duo shared to them.

 

Lo and behold, that all of them are surprise to Rosé being affectionate to Sana. Rather they were not able to find when it happened that a reserved person like Rosé wasn't herself. Jihyo and Yeri isn't fond of public display affection given to them. But right now it's just there's something wrong to their sleves because they enjoy. They didn't know Sana can act a heartless that shows thru her face. While Irene wasn't like that, she knew that there's a piece of Sana being serious. Anyone else is alienate to associate to someone like Sana who is a d character. Like everyone else, Winter is puzzle for Sana that Suzy found it amusing to the scenario appeared in her vision. And for the last person, Joy, isn't well like she wanted to judge Sana like what others did to her.

 

Who really is Sana that they were like trying to figure out?

 

Only Rosé knew why Sana was like that to her that brings out a protective older sister vibe. They're like that when they sense some unusual emotions they sense to each other they able to share in a subtle actions.

 

They greet each other as soon as possible when Sana was like eyeing dangerous to Winter and Suzy. After a few minutes of awkward phase, Irene finished her riddles to them that they're grateful for her. Right at the moment, before Irene pick the question to Winter who are interested to chew her straw than to drink.

 

Next in line is Sana to say her line, besides her is the sleepy Rosé hugging her waist like a koala. "I can see when I am with you but I am blind when alone. What am I?" Sana asked to the lunch table and much down a custard cream bun.

 

No one uttered an answer. Everyone is busy for the moment. Suzy the sensitive person she is that she observe everyone until she cam upon to Joy. She was accustomed to that scenery of Joy's carelessness that others think of her is a flirt. 

 

It wasn't entertaining to her that she a glimpse of her younger sister on the farthest side corner, "We have to go, Winter." and said to a dense Winter. 

 

Winter take a deeper look of concern to Suzy and turn around to others, "Why?" she suspected it's about her younger sister again. Pointing out to her it is "Minjoo" when she gets to see a beeline of suitors that Suzy grimaced to her.

 

They waved their hands to them. "See you at the dorm/Bye" and spoke in chorus. Among them weren't in Suzy and Winter's attention so they're just say bid to them without looking.

 

Sana felt something wrong to see a commotion to her back. 

 

Few seconds was spare and a quiet Joy stand up to her during that time she pacify a sulking Rosé. Whilst at the moment, she never dare to imagine that Joy is wiping the cream in her right corner of her lips. So to her, it is a phenomenal view to see up close the remarkable Joy. As for the other person, it is motherly nature she did it in a matter of innocence in her mind.

 

Only to heard across them a cooing Yeri,snickering Jihyo in hand with her camera, and annoyed Rosé trying to calm her nerves from both of them.

 

A sharp inhale resonates to her own vocal chords, "Excuse me, Miss Joy?" and took a deep voice coming. "Oh...thanks!" Her voice squirm in nervous. To think of it wasn't like her, she was opened to skinship. But to the point she had to when she can't understand the appeal of having a metallic rock rhythm in her heart. 

 

Rosé confirm it's about her again, so she try her luck to distract Sana and pinch her waist. "Feed me your cream bun too." Just as she anticipating the incoming food. A aiggle irritate Rosé to explode, "What the fu-" Sana's hand slap Rosé mouth, and retort to "Fudge." before she could have said the curse word. "Don't crumple the bun!" Rosé muffled to Sana's hand cupping her jaw.

 

Joy move her hand to wriggles the item she touch, "Is it my answer to your riddle is correct?" and wink at her who in dazed to her. Before she can give her a signature smile to Sana someone block her. "Kill Joy, Rosé." She glance to Rose that she saw a twitch her eye, "She send you the details about something you love to accept. It's from Suzy." and then back to Sana who are oblivious to her hidden agenda, "You okay?' when she heard hummed to her, she glance to Yeri the last weapon to Rosé. "Is she really is Yeri? Because Suzy spilled something about her that you love to know. Unless Rosé prove it otherwise." And she left without saying goodbye.

 

Yeri can disclose why Joy is here. Joy is here with them because it entertains her. The former legend they called as before but now its a tale for everyone. It was Yeri who closed down that site.

 

The amount Joy wanted to left the place and finished this acting that Suzy planned just for the ridiculous solution. Joy would've thought it's Rosé the sidekick of the little miss perfect that will be her hindrance. As it means that it is shown that there's a reason why Suzy wanted her than Joy to be her partner crime.

 

Sana ponder how the littlest gesture from Joy can describe to a thousand words but her wish.

 

It is eccentric to think that she can compare the mechanics of heart on a metaphor example of music genre. Beforehand why the rest of their friends are like that except Rosé. It's because Joy fixed her eyeglass during that time she squeal in delight that Rosé help her to know it's real and not dream.

 

To someone like Joy, she hope she can be just Sana only to her. Without mirroring her from where she was before someone like her will not be able to get that far.

 

She see the glimmer of her dark chocolate eyes, the sway of her hair joining in to the tips of her smile, tangling the weave of her red lip adorn of a tantalizing smile, Sana wished it was for her. The time she understood the vast of her imagination of her to her, it means Joy wasn't here. Because like before she is here and Joy was there overpower the same thing she wanted to live. The features of Joy fearless as her name suited herself. Except Sana secretly hope the one she perfectly wear is real. Like Joy, the person she is a touch of a natural and not her who succumb to smiles.


If only she is brave enough like Mina to stand up her life. Something she isn't excell to the pressure she has a debt to paid for having a family. Because once in a blue moon for Sana could only had one chance to see the light from her parents.

 

Especially that they are proud because she is their daughter that she chose the path from her parents perspective. Not because she’s just a trophy or charity case filed over her shoulder because after all she is nothing for she is not a real Cruz. She hope and longed to receive that kind of feeling whenever she can for her parents happiness.

 

Even despite she had to sacrifice the one she love to be. 

 

Someone out there looking attentive to Sana, and whisper in delicate yet calm than before. "You're not in pain, are you?" She held Sana cheek tenderly, "Your not forgotten." And Sana leaned to Rosé as she embrace the shoulders of her in one hand to hid her emotions sticking out desperately.

 

Rosé glance briefly to the three persons with them, "We are leaving. Joy needed to rest because of these two rascals draining her." Just like that Rose glared to Jihyo who captured them.

 

A loud thud of table surprised Irene, "YAH, Jihyo! You're not going to show that to your project. It against to the ethics of being there. It's art photography not a photoshoot of PDA." Yeri yelled to her seatmate even she was aware there's a pain from the way she elbowed her. "You'll not able to graduate if you add that photo to your profile. You're not a genius for you showcase the mastery of mockery in terms of consent. Erase it or I'll transfer to Winter." And shove Jihyo in her seat slightly and not looking forward that Jihyo was dumbfounded to her.

 

For someone like them, Sana maybe thought she's lucky to have Yeri being there to diverge the awkwardness. As of they know they're okay if she goes to run away and hide under those scrutinizing eyes pointed to her.

 

Yeri arrange her posture and look to Jihyo, who are nearly trying to decipher the charades Yeri giving her. "I'm sorry. What do you mean?." She ponder to Jihyo and look to her for why she asked her. "That's Justin Bieber... I got it." Jihyo wiggles her eyebrows to her and present the item to her.

 

Yeri rolled her eyes to Jihyo and snatch the camera.

 

Once again, Irene was thankful that there's Yeri for Jihyo to point out the another topic. She didn't want to read the between the lines that Rosé giving an eye to Sana. She could but she can't when Sana told her that there's a part of her she can't be with them. And these are the one of the things that Sana request to them that when everything is too much. 

 

Rosé put a baseball cap to her head, at that moment she played a part to shield Sana from the crowd. Wherein a line of work gossiping thru the hallway. 

 

Therefore, an earbuds from Rosé became her comfort.

 

----

Idk but Imma post this edited chapter.