One

It’s not always Rainbows and Butterflies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey there Gorgeous, welcome to Starlight Cafe. Coffee, Tea, or Me?”

 

“Seriously Hyejin-ah, you need to do better than that do seduce me” the purple haired woman chuckled to the antics of her long time bestfriend, Hyejin.

 

My bestfriend of ten long years always make funny remarks whenever I enter the cafe. We opened the cafe few months after college. At first, our employees thought we were dating judging by how clingy we are. She is extremely dazzling with her long black hair and her one million dollar smile will surely captivate your heart.

 

I went to sit down and found my usual spot at the corner of the cafe. I like it here. I can see people come and go inside the cafe. It’s perfect for me to observe my employees as well as the customer’s behavior. You know, to check whether they are satisfied or not, or to check whether my employees are smiling and polite to whoever they serve.

 

As I was observing, Yooa, whom we hired just recently, Hyejin sat opposite of me. She wants to have a little planning on what to do on the cafe’s 3rd anniversary. The conversation was perfect until she spoke of a person that I don’t want to talk about. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate this person. It’s just that, I don’t want to be associated with her anymore.

 

“Moon, Dahee’s wedding will be two weeks from now. She sent us wedding invitations. Have you gone through it?”

 

“Yeah, I did. There’s no need to go right?” I silently took a sip of coffee. Feeling uneasy about the idea.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter