Again

Mobius Strip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura brought Eunbi instead of Yuri along to the meeting deliberately. She wanted to test how Eunbi would react to see if she should trust her, and she didn’t like the results she saw. It is true that she had been trying to sideline Eunbi, but a big part of her also wanted to believe that Eunbi is someone she could trust. She didn’t lie when she told her that locating those ledgers was an important task. Sakura just didn’t tell her why.

 

It was clear that shock and unease took over Eunbi’s demeanor. She was hoping for surprise and elation instead.

 

If she was anybody else, Sakura would be starting to make plans to get her fired to cut off all known alliances that Suguru has. But Eunbi is not just anybody else. Sakura thinks she had screwed Eunbi’s life over seven years ago, and she has to deal with the consequences now.

 

As the trio returns back to their department, it is time to get off work and Sakura dismisses Hitomi, leaving Eunbi and her behind in the office.

 

“It’s been a month since I moved here.” Sakura said as she traced the edge of the table before settling herself down at her desk. “And we finally made some progress.”

 

“That’s right.” Eunbi replies with a neutral expression on her face. “Is there anything else you need, Sakura?”

 

“I think you’ve been of great help so far, Eunbi-ssi. Without you, we wouldn’t be able to take down Oh Youngmin today. Yet knowing how competent you’ve been, I can’t have you leave your boss’ side for too long.”

 

“Sakura, you are my boss.” Eunbi stepped forward, the dissatisfaction in her eyes showing. Sakura stared into those orbs, secretly admiring the steadfastness.

 

“Please, I’d like you to go back to Suguru-niisan.”

 

“Why?” Eunbi asked as she crossed her arms. “I am not a nobody you can throw around as you please. Haven’t I just proved my loyalty to you?”

 

“Have you? You didn’t look happy when I cut a tentacle of Suguru’s influence off.” Sakura stood up and propped her arms on the table, leaning forward to match with Eunbi’s stance.

 

“What? Do you expect me to be happy when you kept me in the dark about this?”

 

“And why shouldn’t I? You are his mole!” Sakura lost control of her voice and glared at the woman in front of her. She knew she had no right to, but she still felt betrayed.

 

“Have you ever given me a chance, Sakura? I have done everything-- everything in my power to help you and never uttered a single complaint. And yet just one look in the meeting room just now-- you’ve decided to assume things. Again.”

 

“Again?” Sakura asked, breathlessly as she sensed a shift in Eunbi’s expression. Frustration and sadness is building up in her eyes. She stayed at her place, as Eunbi drew closer and cupped both of her cheeks.

 

“I missed you, Kkura-ya. Why do you have to hurt me, again and again?” A tear rolled down her eye.

 

“I just...I just want what is best for you.” Sakura explained softly.

 

Before she could raise a hand to wipe the tears, Eunbi closed her eyes and leaned in to capture her lips. Sakura froze, her eyes wide in shock. She could only focus on the warm light emitting from a lamp stand at the far end corner of the room, as all her other senses got haywired.

 

The elusive pair of lips she had always longed for, the enemy that’s standing on the opposite side, and the person she thought would never reciprocate her feelings… suddenly all within her grasp.

 

She doesn’t want to resist it anymore. She closes her eyes and kisses back.

 

“Eun…” She moans as she leans forward further, responding sloppily with a sudden sense of urgency to taste all of Eunbi’s lips. Inhaling in the perfume of her secretary, Sakura felt her senses reignited like a million switches were flipped on at the same time. She rests her arms on her neck and pulls her as close in as she could, prying by her tongue.

 

Eunbi gasped and let Sakura in, her own body heating up and becoming a puddle of mess. She’s equally thankful and frustrated that the table is propping her up but is also standing in the way between them. She wants to feel more of Sakura.

 

“Kkura…” They finally parted and rested their forehead on each other to gasp for air.

 

“You kissed me…” Sakura is still panting. “Why...I thought… you…”

 

“I’ve always liked you...Kkura-ya. Do you know...how much it hurted...when you told me to go out with Wooseok?”

 

Hurt? A genuine shock registered on Sakura’s face as she pulled back so she could beckon Eunbi to move around the desk towards her. She glances up and down at her incredulously.

 

“Didn’t you love him? You...you even have a daughter with him!”

 

“Daughter?” Eunbi’s eyebrows knitted together in confusion as she tried to process Sakura’s thoughts. “Sakura--no. Wonyoung is my best friend’s daughter. I’m taking care of her because her mother went missing!”

 

“But that night-- that dance night…” Sakura recalls that Eunbi never came back to the dorms seven years ago after the dance. She knew what was going to happen since she overheard Wooseok that day too. She still vividly remembers the luggage that’s surrounding her empty room as she stared out the window, hoping for Eunbi to return and change her mind..

 

“Is that what you thought?!” Eunbi reacted, although she was not too surprised by that. It’s another long story she would never tell Sakura. “I...it’s complicated. I didn’t sleep with him and we broke up that night. Sorry I couldn’t make it back...but...but I didn’t expect you to have left the morning after either!”

 

“Unnie…” Sakura steps forward again, still processing slowly all the scenes she had assumed in her head. She has gotten it wrong. She got everything about Eunbi wrong. “I’m sorry.” She pulls Eunbi into her arms and hugs her tightly.

 

“Kkura, you idiot!” Eunbi’s sobs get louder as she buries her head onto Sakura’s shoulder, struggling in Sakura’s embrace and half-heartedly hittin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter