Two

We broke up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A day will not be sufficient to discuss Sehun’s anatomy. Not about his physique (or maybe we could further on that topic some other time) but I’m talking about how his brain functions, how both of his hemispheres does its art of thinking articulately. He practically knows what he is doing. I’d always go front seat for his amazing reasoning skills and the way he flaunts himself in the courtroom. His 98%-win rate is no joke that is why I understand why he is an immaculate in this profession. No one gets away without coming clean in the eyes of justice if he’s the one to handle the case.

 

 

Others can say that I only liked him because he’s top tier lawyer. Sehun is probably a lost Achilles in this lifetime, just wasting his godly features of a man to live his life in enclosed court spaces when he should be striking poses on a photoshoot or representing LV for a runaway showcase because the modelling industry could flourish more if he’d only consider changing his career. It’s much more than that. He’s a smart and I fell for that. I’d totally kill for that brain of his to be mine if I need to. My ideal type is simple, a man whose strength is my weakness. I’m a cry baby. I hate conflicts and I ran away from disputes. My heart is made up of nothing but a framework of frail vessels, yearning for someone to give me an assurance that everything will be fine, and that I have nothing to worry about. I maybe weak when it comes to arguments, but I was raised to become an independent and strong woman. I do not depend on Sehun to exist, but I exist to ensure that he is okay. He came picking up the shattered pieces of myself when I got lost in the middle of nowhere. He meant so much to me and maybe he’s the reason why I’m breathing until now.

 

And now I’m watching him deliver his speech in his tuxedo with his resting face. Yeah, I know he probably thinks his speech is too nonsensical to be said on a wedding cause he hates events like this and he could trade his time for his bed and a good night’s sleep than to be smiling and pretending like he’s socializing with the crowd. He’s showing that grumpy expression again by the time he finished his screen time and on his way back to the table, Jong In is snickering like the goofy supportive friend that he is to Sehun. Can say that he’s making fun of Sehun’s speech for spilling all of their never been told embarrassing drunk moments at Law school. If looks could kill, Jong In would be dead by now as well as Yeol, the groom/boss, who requested Sehun to become his best man.

 

I caught sight of Seungwan sitting beside Jong In giving me fishy eyes, by the looks of it, from their table. It’s the bride’s friend this time who’s delivering her speech so I could use that excuse to go over the wine section and snatch myself a glass of champagne.

 

“I can’t believe I’m attending this lame event.” I never noticed that Sehun left his seat until he came to fetch himself a glass of champagne beside me. Jong In and Seungwan are exchanging words of conspiracy while glancing on us, planning some sort of a make up story for setting us on a very awkward atmosphere.

 

The truth is we rarely see each other because Sehun’s taking a lot of OTs and arrives late at home, whereas I’m an early bird who cooks meals for two and leaves early for work while he’s still taking his sweet time, sleeping on his couch to his heart's content. I can’t even imagine that we’re doing this kind of setup for almost a month now. We're technically not in good speaking terms and it's crazy to think that we got used to living together for 3 years that's why neither of us welcomes the idea of settling alone. The only thing that keeps me away from all the misery is to immerse myself with my hobby as a pastry chef my full time job as an event coordinator of my uncle's Event planning company. My job involves crafting sophistication and creating an element of surprise to almost every occassion, from mini gatherings up to high-profile weddings and off-the-charts events. Duty calls for me to bring smile and satisfaction into people's faces but the only person I've been wanting to be happy all this time still chose to walk away from me. It is really complicated. All I know is that we're perfectly fine in our relationship and an with a blink of an eye everything went down the drain for no clear reason. Maybe we're both stupid that we treat each other like a wallflower on weekends when we’re staying at home, breathing and existing without minding each other's business at all. He always makes sure to pay all the bills no matter how I argue about splitting the expenses into half as long as I’ll cook food and tend the chores for him. Grown-ups with mentality of 5 year-old kids who cannot be moved by their egos and pride and up until now I still have no definite timeline as to when we'll reach the age of maturity and finally decide to walk our own separate lives. I don’t know about the other couples but I’m getting used to how we’re dealing with our post-break up drama.

 

“I accept criticisms on my work and I appreciate your honesty.” I emptied my glass in one go and decided to take another refill from the waiter behind us.

“That is not what I meant. I rarely attend occasions you know that. Weddings are not my thing but your choice of a decent alfresco buffet compensated for it. You really got an eye for beautiful things, Chae."

 

“I’d take that as a compliment then.”

 

 “I was wondering where did you sleep last night? I haven't eaten anything yet since I got home last night and I woke up to an empty place. Are you seeing someone already?"

 

“Just because I didn't come home last night doesn't mean I was sleeping with someone else. God no!”

 

“Yeah, I’m aware of that. I just want to know if you’re already seeing someone.”

 

"Does it concern you if I entertain someone else? Because the last time I checked, you broke up with me and started ignoring me for a month and now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter