One

We broke up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ooo0ooo

You’ve been skipping all your meals again. Your eyes, so dull, those dark circles could breed colonies for a lifetime. Geez, your mom would freak out seeing how disoriented his son could be. Speaking of which, she’s calling me everyday just to check out on you since you're too busy to accept your own mother’s calls. I get that, you’re too occupied with your work that you never bother to make return calls. Tons of cases that you’re currently handling just because you’re the best attorney Seoul city could possibly have. Spitting blood and fire in the courtroom is what makes you come alive. You’re born for this and I know deep in my soul that you love the thrill, the chase, even the stress which you’ve made a good confidant since time immemorial. But your eyes, they don’t lie when they speak emptiness to me. I can’t just sit here and watch you suffer on your own.

 

You forgot to change your work clothes and you just slept on your couch in a disheveled manner. Your sleeping state is probably the calmest version of you, and I’d prefer you just like that. Could admire and watch you drift into a deep slumber through the night till morning the next day if that means I could stay close to you for the longest being. I placed a duvet on your fragile body, detaching all the files you are clutching on your arms like your life depended on it. You flinched to the sound of your laptop when I shut it down but I guess, your eyes are too tired to function so you decided to just call it a night and sleep instead.

 

 

 

ooo0ooo

 

“And you are welcome.” Seungwan waltz her way inside my office and placed a cup of my favorite hibiscus tea on top of my table. It is a starbucks constant for me which she always orders if she wants to get a good chitchat from her bestie.

“My big event is tomorrow so I'll swing by the wedding venue at noon to check if everything is all set. The decorations, flowers and food prep should be ready then.” I took a sip from my cup whilst checking my emails on my computer.

“No I didn’t come here this early to talk about your work, Chaeyoung. The venue can wait until noon but I came here to ask about you and Sehun. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter