002: A Blind date and a Day Off

Privacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   




A  B L I N D  D A T E  A N D  A  D A Y  O F F



 

4:31 PM

While the weight of the trigger I just pulled still lingered, I watched how the bullet crashed and created a hole in the center of the target. 

“What the !” 

I heard Junho, my cousin exclaimed as soon as I removed my shooting earmuffs.

“This is why you get assigned to the most dangerous assignments because no one is as good as you Byun.” He added as he gave my shoulder a firm tap.

I smirked at his remark as I proceeded to take off my gloves. I was about to say something when I suddenly felt my phone vibrate from my pants' back pocket. 

My forehead creased as I saw a message from 0411. It was the code I saved for Kwon Yeona. I was, sure enough, I was on a day off which I must note I barely got after following her nonstop for two straight months. Damn, that woman is busy.

0411:
6 PM tonight. Empress Hotel. Be here at 5:30 PM.
4:34 PM 

I scoffed as I hissed a curse, displeased.

“Is she ing kidding me?” I blurted out in annoyance as I exhaled loudly.  

“Who’s making you so mad right now?” Junho asked when he probably noticed how I have suddenly become pissed.

“Damn, this woman,” I replied suppressing another curse. “I’m on a ing day off,” I added with gritted teeth. 

“Ooh, the heiress,” Junho smirked at me. “She’s not going to let you have social Life, man. Tell me, do you even have time to meet other women?”

I clicked my tongue in frustration. “Don’t even get me started with that Jun, she ruins the mood for me.”

Junho laughed at my remark.

“Are you sure about that?” He looked skeptical. “I know how this woman looks like Baek, she’s hella hot, you can’t tell me she doesn’t make you feel things.” He ended his statement with a grin plastered on his face. 

“Just shut the up Jun,” I told him yet with another smirk as I was about to leave. 

“Where are you going?”

“To my doom.”

Junho burst out laughing once more.

“See you later man!” He added.

“Yup, if the Princess doesn’t get me killed today,” I momentarily turned to him. 

“That’s not gonna happen,” Junho added with a salute.

 

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

5 PM

I was right outside the door of her suit and pressed the buzzer. I was still wearing my day off clothes, a white shirt, black leather jacket, black denim pants, and boots of the same color.

It was about a minute when she opened the door after I pressed the buzzer continuously. 

Just as I had expected, her beautiful face adorned with a frown had welcomed me.

“Must you press the buzzer like a lunatic?” She fired, her eyebrows furrowed.

I only smirked in response as I saw her eyes trail to what I was wearing. Of course, I had to do the same. My eyes darted to the long, silk, black robe that she was wearing. My eyes lingered on the curve of the smooth-looking skin on her neck but looked away before she could even catch me.

“What are you doing here?” She fired, her tone obviously annoyed.  

“You said 5 PM,” I answered attempting to get inside but she blocked me. 

She smirked at me openly, her eyes meeting mine without intimidation at all. 

“And I meant why are you dressed like this?”

The urge to ask her the same thing about how her not being fully dressed was strong but I chose to keep my mouth shut. 

“You must have forgotten that I am not supposed to work right now, princess. Are you sure this ain’t some alibi? Did you want to see me that badly?” I shot back instead, raising that one cocky brow. 

Her eyes narrowed at me, obviously not happy with my reply. 

“I wouldn’t have bothered you if not for my father insisting that I go to this event with you.” She reasoned out in a matter-of-fact tone.

“Well, it for the both of us that you could not go anywhere without me,” I stated, not hiding my sarcasm. 

“Whatever,” She rolled her eyes at me. “Just go get dressed to look like an average bodyguard, which you are.”

I scoffed at the way she called me an average bodyguard for the nth time.

“That’s what I’m about to do,” I replied, showing her what I was I was holding. 

“And do you think it’s proper for you to change in my house because?” She crossed her arms right in front of her chest. 

Her right eyebrow rose, while her lips formed into a smirk. , for a second, I had this urge to just shut her up by ravaging her lips. Damn it Byun Baekhyun, what the hell are you thinking. 

I let out a soft laugh, distracting myself and at the same time trying to regain my rational way of thinking.

“You know what, it’s either you let me in right now so your average bodyguard, who I must note had kept you alive until now, could start changing or I can drive back to my house and have you wait for me till I’m done,” I stated. “You choose.”

She stared unbelievably at me probably at how I responded to her calling me average, challenging me with the staring game before formed into a thin line.

“It’s your call,” I added, and I was aware that I was getting on her nerves. 

“Ah damn it.” She hissed before she stepped away to give me room to get in.

With a triumphant smirk, I got inside. 

“This is going to be the first and the last time I’m letting you do this Byun Baekhyun.” She followed me. 

I stopped and faced her before leaning closer to her face. 

“We can’t be so sure about that.” I replied, “Can we?”

“Ugh!” I saw how she balled her fists. “I don’t understand why of all people, I have to be stuck with you.”

She was getting so worked up, I knew I had to stop already.

“Why don’t you finish getting ready?” I suggested. “You may look stunning half-dressed in a bathrobe but that isn’t something you originally plan to wear to the event, right?”

Did I just call her stunning out loud? I heard my thoughts. But, oh well it was too late for me to take it back as she was staring back at me probably realizing the same thing.

It was as if she just noticed what she was wearing in front of me and suddenly looked a bit uncomfortable before trying to dismiss it with a smirk.

“So, you find me attractive, huh?”

Wow, the way she turned the tables around. This woman is damn good.

“You can think about whatever you want,” I replied smugly.  “Now if you don’t mind, I’d like to change into my uniform so I could risk my life for you again, Princess,” I told her aware that my remark would earn another eye roll from her.

“Just shut your mouth, will you?”

I was right, her eyes rolled at me before she led me to the living room.

 

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

5:19 PM

I was in the process of buttoning my top when I happen to dart my eyes to where her bedroom was. And as if the universe was throwing some joke on me, the door was left ajar where I could see her standing in front of her full-length mirror while she was trying to zip her dress up.

Immediately dismissing to pry, I looked the other way to continue getting dressed.

After a few minutes of trying to concentrate on what I had to do, I was all set in the spacious living room watching the city that had started to embrace the sunrise through the huge glass walls. I spent a few good seconds taking in the view before I heard her walk out of her room.

Turning around I saw her dressed in a cream-colored satin dress that reached her right above her ankles. If it was sleeveless, I could not tell due to the matching blazer she was wearing. When she spoke, it was just then I noticed that she was talking on the phone.

“Dad, please.” There was desperation in her voice. “I’m tired of these meetings…” She paused to signal me that she was ready and that we have to go. “Can you please…please stop marrying me off to someone else’s son.”

Walking toward the door, I realized that she must be meeting someone else again. I walked out of the door and waited right next to the door. She walked out the next second, standing taller in her heels. I watched her close the door of her unit before she walked ahead of me, still talking on the phone.

I had accompanied her on a couple of dates before. The first one was with a European she didn’t obviously like. And the second was with Ahn Minsung, who was an heir to a few huge companies in Asia. If she found some liking in him, I could not tell exactly since she did not whine in the car on the way back to her unit.

I followed her silently on the way down to the basement as started to get wary of the surroundings. One thing about working for Kwon Yeona is to never let your guard down. I followed her closely until we reached her car. Getting there, I wondered right away where Woo Seugbin, her driver, was. Probably noticing my reaction, she spoke.

“He’s on a day off, you can drive instead.” She said handing her car keys to me.

I scoffed. He’s on a day off? I’m on a day off too, but I’m here because?

 

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

On the drive on the way to the Empress Hotel, I noticed that she wasn’t in the mood. So, I resolve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter