Don’t ruin the movie

Behind Blue and Pink Petals

Where art thou co-author

Ever heard of Game Theory? Or Film Theory for this matter?



Established Relationship

Enjoy

--[…]--
 

The soft whirring of the airconditioning, the buzz of the television and the warm body beside her were things she looked forward to that Saturday night. It was her turn to pick the movie, and after asking suggestions, Irene decided to go watch something both she and Wendy would like.

 

Wendy liked disney movies, but also enjoyed sci fi ones, but when the sequel of Frozen came out, she could do naught but choose that. Her own girlfriend's eyes twinkling in childish wonder always brought a smile to her face and the excited chattering she did the entire film was enough for Irene to not.. sleep while watching the movie.

She pressed the button on the remote as the opening began to play, and all of a sudden Wendy's words catch her off guard.

 

"Hey, Hyun, did you know that Elsa isn't human?"


Irene turns to look at Wendy, mildly confused as the said Ice Queen runs towards the water.

 

"Uh... why?"

"Film Theory suggests that the way her body works isn't like a human being, but like ice."

The older woman slowly blinks, the movie now forgotten. "Ice?"

"They used science to decipher Elsa's.. uh.. Body functions by rooting it to the song Let It Go."

She snorts, now very confused. "What does it have to do with her being ice?"

"Think about it Hyun! Elsa is like strutting on top of a really cold mountain without purple fingers or chattering teeth. Heck, she even threw away her cloak!"

"And..?"

"She didn't freeze!"

"Are you like throwing shade on Elsa?" 
Irene asks teasingly.

"No! No! That's not it, I'm forever grateful to her for making Olaf but like, it's fascinating!"

 

Of course it was, Wendy had graduated with a degree in Chemistry after all. Come to think of it, Wendy had been sitting around the kitchen with a bottle of water she had left in the fridge for about five hours only to hit the bottom of the bottle on the kitchen counter and scribble down notes.

 

"So how is this related to Elsa not being human?"

 

The water horse neighs in the back ground as Wendy turns to glance at the television and back at her girlfriend.

 

"She survived freezing temperatures, but not getting smacked on the floor or getting hit by something hard."

"So.. she can get bonked and die but not get freezed to death?"

"No no," Wendy's grin looks like a mad scientist's, crazy but excited. "She freezes when she gets hit by something."

Irene blinks slowly, trying to process everything. "Can you.. explain?"

"Oh, sure sure. So let's say in the first movie, in the blizzard, it's only Elsa's fingertips that are cold!"

"That's.. not enough evidence?"

"Ehe, you'll see later in this movie."

 

Irene sighs and nods, resting her head on Wendy's shoulders as the movie continues on. She watches Wendy grip her pillow, silently mouthing a few words, most definitely from whatever Film Theory is. 
 

"Y'know, you kind of ruined the purpose of today."

Wendy widens her eyes, her hold on a pillow slowly loosening, "Eh?"


Irene exhales quietly and flicks her fingers on the younger's head.

"Ow!"

"Now stay quiet and watch with me, okay?"

Wendy chuckles, "Of course, come a little closer?"

 

And of course, Irene obliges.


--[…]--

wow this is so random

thanks for sticking to the end hehe

i felt like I needed to update this since the drafts were piling up, so here you go!