Introduction: A Chance Encounter

The Princess and The Bard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a world run by magic and mystery, they say that only a bard could be trusted. 

 

It was said that their poetries and music were that of happenings none of such peaceful living critter could ever encounter. Their songs were exciting— thriving as if they were alive. Speaking to avid patrons as if it was their ancestors speaking through thy bard's piece. 

Connecting, reliving, and preserving memories of people. That is a bard's berth; and Yujin a young noble  bard from Tresto was given a task to write a song for the bethrothal of the Princess of Frauss and the Prince of Fynn.

 

She was young, yet her fingers had already calloused from plucking her spruce harp. Her skin tanned for crossing one continent to the other, singing to people— songs of love, valor and chivalry. Albeit her little age, she had been recognized by monarchs from different kingdoms. Her songs; sung in celebration, in mourning and in the birth of life itself. 

 

"A golden string?" A woman asked the young Bard.

 

Golden strings are a Bard's bestfriend. They might be a tough catch for a mid-tier minstrel for their flosses are harder to pluck than a normal wire string. Yet for hundreds of years— Bards have mastered its usage. Pairing the said favorite string with a sprinkle of fairy dusts; it works wonders.

 

"My apologies dear vendee; for golden strings has been scarse ever since a group of bandits began looting the forest of Trisste." The merchant woefully states.

 

"Oh! Don't worry ma'am! I was just asking around. But now that you've told me about such incident. As a Bard, I think I should stick my nose on that." Yujin chuckled picking up her bulky belongings.

 

Bards usually travel with only their instrument, purses and flask filled with draft liqour. However Yujin's bulky appearance was something her parents had taught her. 

Bards are naturally passive creatures, and stories even tell that their magical prowess were beyond imagination, yet none of those were tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter