Contemplation

The One That Should Have Gotten Away

To be honest, Dara has been thinking about doing the right thing. For years now. She knows what they are doing is a sin. She knows she's hurting Kiko. She knows it's only a matter of time before karma hits back.


But even though they have been fighting lately, there has been a lot of happy times. That even though Jiyong has not been committed, he has always been consistent. For the past six years, Dara has never felt like the other woman aside from the times that Jiyong needed to go home because Kiko will be going to his apartment. He has always find time to talk to her even though he is at work, at home, during his travels, or even when she's out with Kiko. He calls her several times every day without fail, and visits her in the office from time to time.


They go out at least once a week, even just to eat or just for a long drive. Jiyong buys her food and sings to her even though he is always off key. Dara has never met his family and friends but she knows all about them. He always talks about them that it feels like she had known them for as long as he does.


He compliments her when she cooks, even though she only started to cook last year. He sometimes even requests her to cook his childhood favorites.


Jiyong has always made her feel important, and needed, and sometimes loved. She just does not want to assume he loves her because if he does, he should have broken up with Kiko years ago.


Jiyong made Dara feel like the best partner, and Dara does know Jiyong will be the best boyfriend she will never have.