Chapter 1

Casino Royale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The lights dimmed and the curtains parted revealing a young woman with black hair making her way across the stage. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Please welcome our top gambler Miss IRENE!" the announcer yelled over the mike and the crowd cheered loudly in response.  

The woman smirked at the crowd and sat down on the chair keeping her arms on the table. She flicked her hair behind her shoulder and turned to the man across her.  

"I hope you know what you're doing" she drawled as she picked up the cards and began to shuffle the deck. She placed them on the table and spread them out.  

"The rules are simple! There are 52 cards on the table. You have one minute to memorize all the cards after which they will be turned upside down. Once that is done, you must match the cards and find it's pair. The one to get the most number of pairs wins. And, once you match a pair you get to go again until you miss." the attendant called from where she was reviewing the match. 

"IRENE! IRENE! IRENE!" the crowd chanted the woman's name over and over again. 

"And.. Your time starts now!" the announcer yelled and the timer went off indicating that the players had one minute to memorize the cards. The man frowned and glared at the cards as his eyes flitted across each one while the stay of the casino Irene moved slowly scanning all the cards on the table from the left in a uniform manner. 

"10...9...8...7....6...5....4...3...2...1..Time's UP" the crowd chanted and the players turned away from the table as the cards were turned. 

"Ladies first" the man smirked looking at Irene. She raised an eyebrow and smirked. 

"You sure you want to do that?" she asked sweetly  

"Why not? I'm great at this game, I'm warning you" he replied with a shrug 

"Oh my.. I'm so scared!" she exclaimed faking a gasp. Her expression then turned serious as she stared the man down. 

"I'm not like the other women you've played against. Be ready to lose your money" she whispered in his ear leaning across the table. A flash of fear crossed his eyes, but he tried to play it cool as he looked at the cards before him. 

"Go on now.." Irene said flicking her perfectly manicured nails in the air and examining them. 

"I.." he stuttered, the confidence and strong aura that he had had a second before having vanished.  

With a shaking hand he grabbed the card before him. It was the queen of hearts 

"Ah... " Irene hummed as she stared him down once again 

His body was visibly shaking in fear of losing his money as he placed his hand atop another card and flipped it over. 

-- 

"I'd like a blueberry pancake and some of this chocolate pastry you have right here" Seulgi said as she fumbled to find her wallet.  

"Is that all miss?" the cashier asked 

"Oh and a bottle of water please." Seulgi added as she handed over her card to the cashier. She glanced at her name and  raised an eyebrow. Interesting name... 

"If you don't mind me asking is that your real name?" Seulgi asked her pointing to her nameplate. 

"Ah... No. My real name

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter