Love?

Cake by the ocean

"Yuju, What is this?"

 

 

 

The women named looked up at the Short hair girl whom was staring over her with a coffee cup from Starbucks she got her this morning in her left hand. Her brown eyes were glaring holes at the brunette, to which if looks could kill you could consider the woman dead. Yuju took a big gulp stopping her fingers that were flying across the keyboard. She was in the midsts of finishing her assignment, like the person in front of her had told her to do as soon as possible, unless she wanted to get fired. 

 

 

 

“Coffee?” Yuju whispered as if she talked any louder shell cause the Short hair to kill her alive. 

 

 

 

 

The Short hair blinked, tilting her head the slightest bit.

 

 

 

"Ah yes, and what type of coffee is it?” 

 

 

 

The brunette felt a shiver run down her spine, and not the type she got when she saw her crush smiling at her. But the type of shiver she gets when she's scared and knows she might get fired any minute, making her jobless. Which leads her to being homeless, which means her crush won't want her because she doesn't want to dated person like that.

 

 

 

Then shell spend the rest of her life alone under a tunnel in downtown asking for change with the same Starbucks cup the women was holding. (Considering she might throw it at her when shes done firing her) .

 

 

Choi Yuna mentally scolded herself for trying to do something different that day and blamed it all on the Christmas music she blasted in her car that morning. It was December twenty third and since she had off the next following days because of Christmas, she felt a joyous burst throughout her whole body. She was in the Christmas spirit that morning listening to “all I want for christmas is you" and "Oh Santa" So much so, that when she got to the too familiar Starbucks and saw the sign for the seasonal gingerbread latte, she couldn't help herself and ordered two large cups of the infamous holiday drink. 

 

 

 

She was well aware that her boss only ever ordered a large black coffee with two packets of brown sugar every single day. But it was the holiday season and for a second she thought it might brighten up her boss's mood at least a two percent. Then again, her boss was Hwang eunbi aka Sinb. The most standoffish and pessimistic person she had ever met. 

 

 

 

 

"It's a gingerbread latte. I thought you might've liked it"

 

 

 

"That's cute” she muttered, a look of disgust on her face as she proceeded to slam the cup on Yuju's table, startling the brunette "Don't ever suppose things again. If you want to continue working here you have to do as I say and don't ever stray away from my rules. Now I have to go throughout my whole day without coffee in my system because my secretary is incapable of handling such a small task. Consider this your second strike, Miss Yuju. One more and I won't think twice on hiring someone else.” 

 

 

With that, Sinb gave one final deathly glare at the trembling girl underneath her and walked away towards her office, which was a door down from where Yuju's was. A room that everyone dreaded to go to. Due to the fact, that if they did get called to her office it surely wasn't to be congratulated for their good work or a raise. It will quite the opposite, so everyone tried their best to never enter that room. 

 

 

 

Except Yuju, whom along with the title of Miss Hwang's secretary has to enter the office regardless. Although shed try her best to only have to talk to her boss through the phone instead. 

 

 

She has been working at Hwang Enterprises for the past two years now and as much as Sinb threatened to fire Yuju she hasn't—yet. Yuju Knows in the back of her head it's because her boss can't find anyone as good as her and anyone who would put up with the grinch herself either. 

 

 

 

 

Sinb isn't the most pleasent person to work with. She has bad temper and could throw a fit if her files weren't organized alphabetically. Which meant Yuju had to stay extra late just to organize every file and place the faxes correctly for when she got there the next morning. Yuju has thought of quitting multiple times due to her boss's attitude. Usually she'd try to ignore her, but sometimes she can't lie and say it didn't get under her skin. No one liked to be belittled and talked down upon. She doesn't know how a person like her boss could look at themselves in the mirror with a hint of dignity. 

 

 

 

 

“What she needs to do is go to church and Yuju thinks as she grumbled under her breath, a faint curse word directed towards her boss falling through her lips. 

 

 

 

No one wants to have to deal with a person whose the epitome of the grinch. Who would ever deal with that? 

 

 

 

“Yuju?” Oh right, the same woman who at least comes once a week to her office. 

 

 

 

“Is Sinb here?” 

 

 

 

Looking up, Yuju saw the same woman she often pitied with a bouquet of red roses in her arm this time around. They were wrapped in sheer red plastic with a holiday bow on the stem. She is tall with long blonde hair cascading down her back and her prominent bangs. Her doe eyes were adorned with some round glasses and she wore her signature smile. 

 

 

 

Yuju wondered why and how this woman even bothered with the living grinch. What was it that she found in Heang eunbu? How is she able to be so persistent? Yuju has to give it to Miss Jung, she hasn't given up hope yet. Yuju was well aware the apparent relationship these two hold isn't exactly friendly. If the rumors going around the office are any true than they are apparently "fooling around".

 

 

 

 However, no one really Knows any detail and no one dares to want to know more. If Sinb ever found out about the talk around the office she'd have fired everyone in a matter of seconds. 

 

 

 

 

“Yeah, she's in her office"

 

 

 

“Great! Can you tell her, I'm here, please?”

 

 

 

Reluctantly the secretary smiled back. She wants so desperately to say no because now she has to face her boss. Who she just had the pleasure of being threatened by this morning and now has to speak with her a couple minutes after that. She should really had taken the day off and just had a holiday vacation, but Sinb doesn't believe in that. 

 

 

 

Sinb would come to work on Christmas Day if she could. Time is money is her motto and a holiday filled with Christmas capitalism and corporate consumerism wasn't going to stop her. 

 

 

 

Taking a deep breath Yuju picked up the phone, dailing the number she has engraved in her memory and waits for the ring.

 

 

“Yes, Yuju? What is it now?” 

 

 

Yuju was used to this. She barely got to say anything first, since every time she called Sinb always knew it was her. 

 

 

 

 

“Miss Jung is here to see you. May she come in to your office?” 

 

 

 

The line went silent for a minute and she looked pitifully at the woman in front of her whom was still smiling. Oh no, how would she break the news to her? Look at her, she's too innocent. 

 

 

 

Fortunately, she heard Sinb sigh and speak through the other Line,

 

 

 

“Yes, tell her she may come in” 

 

 

 

The line went dead after that, which again didn't surprise Yuju since she never bothered to properly bid bye to her either. So, she just placed the phone down and smiled at the woman.

 

 

 

“She said you may go in"

 

 

 

“Thanks, Yuju. Happy holidays by the way, here —" Yerin took her free hand to fumble inside her mocah colored Celine bag and pulled out a small box of Ferraro chocolates, placing it down on her desk. 

 

 

 

The latter gasped and took the chocolate box in her hands.

 

"Miss Jung, you didn't have to!” 

 

 

"It's nothing, Yuju and you can call me Yerin. How many times do I have to tell you?” 

 

 

“Thank you so much, Yerin! These are my favorite” 

 

 

“Always! Have a nice Christmas! You are one of the few ones working today. Everyone's out enjoying their families” 

 

 

"it's fine. I have tomorrow and Christmas Day off at least"

 

 

“Well, Merry Christmas Yuju"

 

 

“Merry Christmas Yerin” 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuju saw Yerin leave off to Sinb's office with a permanent smile on her face. Yerin was way too kind. She can't fathom the relationship that the two might have. They're the complete opposite.

 

 

 

They are night and day, bad and good, black and white. They are ying and yang. 

 

 

She scrunched her eyes at the thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

”Ying and yang? Maybe they do go together” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The blonde women dressed in a long coat and a flower arrangement in her arms, opened the large door to see Hwang Eunbi sitting in her office desk in front of her large computer screen as she typed away, her fingers flying across the keyboard. 

 

 

 

“Chipmunk!” she called out making herself known. She closed the door behind her because if she didn't she'd Know the black hair would snap at her, claiming the office was full of noisy weirdos. 

 

 

 

The latter looked up upon hearing the nickname not many people were allowed to use, but she let it pass with the woman in cute round glasses. 

 

 

 

Scanning the woman with her brown eyes, Sinb's eyes stepped roaming at the red roses in her hands.

 

 

 

"You brought me flowers?” 

 

 

 

Enthusiastically Yerin nodded, walking up to her desk and handing them over to a Sinb whom just took the arrangement uninterested. 

 

 

 

 

“Yes, hope you like them. I got you red roses this time. Which means love and romance for the wonderful night we had last night"

 

 

 

“Hmm,” she murmured, looking over the bouquet. 

 

 

 

"i like them better when they're dead"

 

 

 

"i mean, you can always scrapbook them when they die and you know, do that with all the flowers I give you since you never water them"

 

 

 

Sinb shrugged, placing the bouquet down. It's Yerin who always brings her fresh flowers ever since they met. Usually, when something happened in the relationship she stops by and gifts her different bouquet of flowers. Claiming how they all mean something different and comparing it to whatever they were going through. Sinb preferred when she got her coffee or food instead.

 

 

 

 

But we can't have everything can we? 

 

 

 

 

She really wondered why Yerin is here when she had just seen her last night. Well, kind off. It was dark in the room and with all her hormones flying all she wanted to do was get to the point and get it over with. She left early in the morning however, no note or anything was left behind, yet Yerin didn t care. 

 

 

 

Yerin knew the routine but still, her hope for their relationship was bigger than the size of the Grand Canyon. 

 

 

 

“Just wanted to see you, and also to remind you i'll be picking you up at your house to attend the dinner reservation with your parents tonight"

 

 

 

"That's tonight?” 

 

 

 

Apparently it was two weeks ago when her mom came to visit the office. Yuju was incompetent, as Sinb said and didn't call or try to stop her mother from barging in when Yerin was there with a bouquet of begonias. 

 

 

The day prior they had an argument and Yerin had shown up to her office that morning saying they needed to talk and communicate. Yerin had an arrangement of begonias in her hands that she explained meant connection amd harmonious communication. At the moment in the midst of talking, Mrs. hwang walked in without Knocking, surprised to notice another human being so close te her daughter.

 

 

 

Mrs. Hwang was aware her daughter was a bit rough around the edges and to Know someone that wasn't her own family or workers willingly putting up with her daughter brought contentment to Mrs. hwang. Immediately prompting to set up a date to finally get to know the lovely girl in depth. To which Yerin agreed to without even consulting with the Shor hair, delighted to meet her girl's family. 

 

 

 

 

"Yes, it's tonight. I got you an dress remember? I told your maid to place it on your bed to surprise you the other day” 

 

 

 

Sinb immediately remembered going home and seeing a knee length black dress with sleeves she personally wasn't a fan off. She hissed in disgust and gave it to one of her many maids who looked like she won the lottery when she received it. Though she never knew it was Yerin who had gifted it to her. She supposed it was her mom that always pressured her to wear clothing that made her look like a middle aged women. 

 

 

 

“Oh, I'm going to have to speak with her. I haven't seen dress” she lied.

 

 

 

A small pout drew across Yerin's lips.

 

 

 

“Ask her, I'm sure she just forgot. It was my favorite. It was handed down to me from my grandmother and i just knew you'd look amazing in it” 

 

 

 

“Now it makes sense,” Sinb thought in her head. Now she knows why It was absolutely hideous and she'd never be caught dead wearing it. 

 

 

 

It was probably a hundred years old if it belonged to her grandmother. Sinb mentally prepared a note for when she got home to take back the dress from her maid some way or another. Not that she a wear it however. She would never wear such thing. She'd rather wear her white Saint Laurent silk dress from last year's fashiom show collection and make up an excuse to Yerin later. 

 

 

 

 

“Also, before I forget my parents told me this morning they'll be taking their private jet over here on Christmas. You'll Finally get to meet them"

 

 

 

“Oh, how exciting” she faked a smile, but Yerin was too blinded by her own excitement to notice. 

 

 

 

“I Know right? I've been wanting them to come to meet you so bad. It's going to be a big thing. I have a surprise and all for you for tonight, so when they come it'll be a surprise to them as well” 

 

 

 

Yerin wiggled her eyebrows at the end of her sentence. 

 

 

 

 

It was bad enough for Sinb that Yerin had to meet her parents and now she had to meet Yerin's parents? This was slipping from her grasp. Yerin wad supposed to be a distraction. That's why she got with her in the first place, and now everything seems to be falling into something she had no hold of. She wasn't like this before. 

 

 

 

Sinb never settled” But damn it! It's her eyes” she thought. 

 

 

 

“Yerin, don't you think you're going a bit too far?”

 

 

 

"Too far?” Yerin repeated.

 

 

 

“Yeah like, we just sleep together and kiss. Sometimes you stay over the night to cook for me when my maid isn't there, but—”

 

 

 

“i'm your girlfriend, Eunbi” 

 

 

 

 

“Right, my girlfriend. Which means we don't go beyond and perhaps a date or two. Don't you think we should keep our options open per say?” 

 

 

 

“Eunbi-ya" Yerin sighed walking around the desk anf bent down to her girlfriend's height. 

 

 

 

“I promise you I really love you and I really want to make this work. I know it's hard for you to accept my love, but I'm willing to show you and walk through this journey with you” 

 

 

 

Sinb blinked unfazed at the latter whose yes showed every bit of tenderness. Yerin seems determined and Sinb can't lie that she doesn't enjoy seeing her try. 

 

 

 

You see, Sinb was the towns womanizer, if you'd call it that, since she started college. Making bets with her college friends and getting too tired too soon of relationships. The fact that she hasn't had any other woman in her bed in over a year was frightening for her. She's stitt wondering whatever spell Yerin did when they met. 

 

 

 

 

“Do you have a voodoo doll of me?”

 

 

 

“what?” 

 

 

 

“Never mind” Sinb shook her head of the thoughts roaming her brain.

 

 

 

“I have to get to work. Ryujin should be coming soon for a meeting to look over some designs for next year's clothing line"

 

 

 

“Alright, i'll leave you to it" Yerin said before going in to give her girlfriend a peck on her cheek. Then she gave her another kiss where her eyebrows furrowed and slowly went down until she touched her Lips.

 

 

 

“what a view” 

 

 

 

“Miss Ryujin, hold on” 

 

 

 

The couple broke apart upon hearing the shouts. Yerin blushed immensely, looking down to her feet while Sinb rolled her eyes annoyed at the interruption. 

 

 

 

"What the , Ryu?”

 

 

 

'i told her she couldn't come in but she wasn't listening" Yuju blurts in dispare. The look on Sinb's face wasn't nice and she knows she was about to get scolded by her any minute now. 

 

 

 

"Yes Yuju, i'm aware you can't do your job right” Sinb remarks with displeasure.

 

 

 

“Nice to see you faces with my friend there, Yerin! Haven't seen you in a while. I thought Sinb had already moved on to the next "

 

 

 

"Nice to see you too, Ryujin. You still haven't changed much have you?” Yerin smiled back through the words meant to stab at her. 

 

 

 

“Clearly" she said pointing towards her body with a cocky grin. 

 

 

 

“I should go" Yerin excused herself, giving them a nod as she began walking towards the door. Yuju took that as her cue as well and began walking back slowly, until of course, her boss noticed. 

 

 

 

"Yuju, you're this close to being fired, you got that?” 

 

 

 

“Hey, hey, don't listen to her Yuju. I like you here” Ryujin proclaimed, taking a seat in front of the large desk.

 

 

 

"I'm her boss. I get the final say” Sinb remarked before turning to look at her secretary again. 

 

 

 

“You may go now!” 

 

 

 

Yuju nodded quickly and tripped ds she tried making her way towards the door with nerves roaming her body. The three pair of eyes on her made her uneasy. 

 

 

 

One pair of eyes Looked at her with sympathy and she frowned Looking over her girlfriend.

 

 

 

“Babe, what did we say about treating your secretary that way?" 

 

 

 

"To be nice"

 

 

 

“Right, chipmunk. Poor Yuju is trying. Give her a chance” Yerin's tone was tender and Ryujin swears she did try to hold back her laugh by placing her hand over , but she couldn't help it and let out a loud laugh, throwing her head back in amusement. 

 

 

 

“Yeah, chipmunk Listen to your mom—I mean girlfriend" Ryujin trailed off with a laugh, hitting the desk's counter top as giggles escaped endlessly. 

 

 

 

Yerin chose to ignore the giggling brunette and placed her hand on the doorknob, the urge to vacate the place ind hurry consuming her.

 

 

 

“i'll pick you up tonight. See you later babe"

 

 

 

“Wait” Ryujin exclaimed, raising her hand when the door closed behind the Korean woman. 

 

 

 

“What's tonight?” 

 

 

 

“A boring dinner with Yerin and my parents” 

 

 

 

“With your parents?” Ryujin's eyes grew wide in bewilderment. 

 

 

 

“Sinb, since when has Yerin become your ing wife? I thought she was just good in bed, but damn it's been months and i now she's meeting your parents?”

 

 

 

“She's my girlfriend not my wife"

 

 

 

"She's walking all over you" Ryujin declared, slapping her hands on the desk for emphasis. She narrowed her eyes at her friend, but the latter just began opening folders with fax information dismissing her look. 

 

 

 

“Tonight Eunseo's hosting her annual Christmas party. I think you should come with me.” 

 

 

 

"i can't” 

 

 

 

"Yes, you can It's Eunseo!” She snatched the Short hair's folder away from her hands abruptly, causing the younger to humph.

 

 

 

“She just called off her engagement with her girlfriend last week. She's looking for some good loving if you know what I mean” 

 

 

 

“I can't, Ryu" Sinb rolled her eyes, but gave the elder her attention nonetheless. 

 

 

 

“My parents planned this dinner for weeks. Even if I wanted to go, i can't" 

 

 

 

“The party starts at six" the brunette stated, ignoring her friend's comment.

 

 

 

"She's trying to be more conservative now that she's nearing her thirties. Whatever that means” 

 

 

 

“Ryujin—"

 

 

 

“Sinb" 

 

 

 

The girls looked at each other's eyes challenging as smirks drew on their lips simultaneously. The Short hair girl broke out in a sigh in defeat. 

 

 

 

 

 

“I guess I can go to the party for half an hour before I stop by the restaurant"

 

 

 

Ryujin cheered in victory.

 

 

 

 

“Yes! Old Sinb is making her comeback, Now you can just tell Yerin to not pick you up because your amazing friend has a new Ferrari to pick you up in” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I saw Eunseo going to the second floor” Ryujin mumbled, bringing her champagne glass towards her red lips. 

 

 

They had arrived to Eunseo's Annual Christmas party ten minutes ago and were roaming around the place getting familiar with their surroundings and the people. 

 

 

The place was decorated with large ornaments hanging from the ceilings, nutcrackers in every corner and a large pine tree in the corner of the main room, decorated with sugar plum fairies all around it. 

 

 

 

She let her heels click on the marble floor strutting away from the main room and made her way up the spiral stairway in search of the hostess. 

 

 

 

Eunseo and Sinb have had a wild past before. It's a story that goes all the way back to high school prom when Sinb finally came out, and every non-straight girl was throwing their shot with the popular Girl. However, the Girl had a specific eye on Eunseo from her gym class and when she saw her at prom she didn't miss the opportunity to walk up to her. 

 

 

 

They drank rounds of the punch that some kid probably spiked and ended up making out all night in the corner of the hall, making Sinb's ual fantasies come true. Ever since, they've been hook up buddies at parties and any social event they've attended. Even went on to the same college and well, their ual frustration had to be let out somehow. 

 

 

 

It all ended when Eunseo got an actual girlfriend. Sinb couldn't feel remotely jealous or claim anything because they never actually had a relationship it was just a hook up. 

 

 

 

As much as Ryujin tried to help get them together someway, it just didn't happen. Sinb just wanted to enjoy a relationship without any labels and Eunseo seemed to want to settle and have labels. That all ended about a little over a year ago and damn have things changed.

 

 

 

But maybe they haven't changed that much, considering she called off her engagement. 

 

 

 

 

Nevertheless, Sinb got to the second floor and noticed it was actually a large hallway filled with many doors leading to rooms. It was pretty much empty and Sinb wondered where the hell could Eunseo be. 

 

 

 

She went to the first door in her right hand side that was slightly ajar and peaked her head in. It was a normal room with a large bed in the middle, probably a guest room she analyzed. She closed the door dnd turned around, only to bump into someone else.

 

 

 

 

“Ouch” Sinb grunted.

 

 

“Excuse you!” 

 

 

 

 

The Short haired girl brought her annoyed gaze up, only to see a tall women with long light brown hair flowing from her shoulders like a hdlo. 

 

 

 

“Who are you?”

 

 

 

"I'm the ghost of Christmas past" 

 

 

 

“Yeah, past is the correct word for your outfit. Sorry to break it to you, but no ones wearing that style anymore"

 

 

 

“No, I'm Sowon the ghost of Christmas past" The ghost responded, her voice was soft and from where Sinb was standing she noticed a yellow gleam around her figure. Except chose to ignore it, thinking it's probably the champagne she drank that's kicking in, causing her to hallucinate. 

 

 

 

 

“I was brought here along with the ghosts of Christmas present and future to show you what would be of your life if you go ahead with being unfaithful and go back to your old ways” 

 

 

 

“What type of drugs are you on?” Sinb questioned displeased, crossing her hands staring the girl down. 

 

 

 

“See? This is why parents tell you to not do drugs” 

 

 

 

"I'm not on drugs, Sinb"

 

 

 

“Uh huh, you Know my name? Creepy ” Sinb muttered under her breath.

 

 

 

"Look I don't do much role play but nice talking to you. I have to look for Eunseo” 

 

 

 

"Eunseo? How about Yerin? Shouldn't you be at dinner with your parents and girlfriend?” 

 

 

 

Sinb tried to walk away, but the questions the ghost dsked brought her to a halt, making her become more alert. 

 

 

 

“Look creep, off, How do you know my business? Are you stalking me?” 

 

 

 

“Follow me" the ghost ignored her, motioning for her to follow suit. 

 

 

 

“Right” Sinb dragged out the last syllable sarcastically. 

 

 

 

“Because I'm going to follow a crazed stranger or perhaps psychopath to possibly get and murdered" 

 

 

 

Suddenly, Sinb saw a cloud of yellow dust surrounding them like a halo she she began coughing as the particles entered her lungs. 

 

 

 

“, what the ? I have asthma" 

 

 

 

The Girl flapped her arms in front of her to clear away the dust that seemed never ending. Her eyes scrunching trying to see ahead as the dust began to evacuate slowly. Thus when most of the dust was gone she didnt find herself in the second floor of the party and her eyes grew double the size.

 

 

 

"Where am I?"

 

 

 

Her eyes scanned the place and noticed how familiar it was. It was her office. 

 

 

 

“Remember when you first met Yerin?” Sowon asked, unbothered by the expression of Sinb glaring at her. 

 

 

 

Sinb asked herself if someone did in fact spike her drink badly, or if she wds dying somewhere and this was her evaluation before she got sent to heaven—or hell. 

 

 

 

Nonetheless, she looked to her side to examine her surroundings and at that exact moment she saw Yerin with her usual smile and a black suit with heels. It was the outfit she wore the first time they met a year ago during December. 

 

 

 

She remembers it clearly because that year sales were plunging and everything seemed to be going wrong from the designs, models and fabrics. She was looking for a business partnership for fabrics for their new winter collection continuously for weeks. Last minute, Ryujin and Sinb had found out the deal they made with a fabric company from England back in the fall was a scam. Obviously she wasn't going toet her parents become aware of the incident. She was just placed president of the company a couple months prior. 

 

 

 

So, she made her secretary find a business partnership for fabrics last minute and Jung Yerin was the closest call. Yerin had ownership of one of the biggest family companies in Korea, Jung's and co., her parents had set her daughter off to find business deals outside of her home country to expand the name and Hwang Enterprises was her first deal. 

 

 

 

“That's me!” Sinb gasped, seeing herself walk into the office with a red blazer, dark Jeans and heels she vividly remembered wearing the first time she met Yerin. 

 

 

 

"Nice to meet you, Miss Jung. Im Hwang Eunbi, President of Hwang's Enterprises. Hope to be doing business together soon"

 

 

 

The President still strongly felt the feeling that raised towards her spine the first time they made eye to eye contact. She'd never admit it, but it made her breath catch in . Yerin was strikingly beautiful and all that had come to her mind was

 

 

 

"I need to get her in bed” 

 

 

 

But of course, nothing ever turned out the way she planned. She had told Ryujin the next day she was just going to keep Yerin around for the business dnd for a couple of one night stands here and there. However, one turned into two and two turned into three. Also, she found Yerin to be pretty persistent by coming to her office almost everyday and bringing her flowers with meanings Sinb didn't exactly bother to remember. 

 

 

 

 

“Why are we watching this? I already know I looked amazing in that outfit but—" 

 

 

 

Sowon cut the Sinb's sentence short and spoke up.

 

 

 

"To remind you how you fell in love with Yerin. It seems as though your forgetting as to why you decided to be her girlfriend in the first place.” 

 

 

 

"Because she s good in bed?” 

 

 

 

The ghost sighed deeply knowing she wasn't getting anywhere with the latter and then before the Sinb could say something else, they were somewhere completely different in the flash of an eye. 

 

 

 

“You're going to have to stop doing that before I end up Killing a ghost tonight” Sinb threatened, her deadly glare once again evident on her face.

 

 

 

“Just look—" 

 

 

 

“Yerin" a cheerful Sinb laughed as a tall brunette moved her hands on the girl's stomach swiftly. 

 

 

 

“Give me a kiss" Lisa chuckled as she continued her tickles not letting the blonde breath. 

 

 

 

“We-are-are in p-public"

 

 

 

“And what?" Yerin has let go of the laughing girl for a moment, and looked inte her eyes awaiting for an answer.

 

 

 

 “I don't kiss non-girlfriends in public"

 

 

 

“We can change that" the girl in the bucket hat commented. She took a hold of both of the Sinb's hands and bursted into ecstasy as she spoke.

 

 

 

“Be my girlfriend, chipmunk. I promise I'll love you"

 

 

 

"and not tickle me?"

 

 

 

"ah okay"

 

 

 

 

 

“Ugh, why did I sound so cringe?” Sinb shuddered, watching their past exchange. 

 

 

 

“because you were falling in love, Sinb” 

 

 

 

“No i wasn't” she protested, shaking her head.

 

 

 

"She probably does have a voodoo doll of me and that's why I was acting that way. Look at me, I'm smiling like an idiot—clearly possessed. Ryujin was right, I'm letting her walk all over me. I'm acting differently and feelings things I didn't before. See, that's why I need to go back to the party and get with Eunseo” 

 

 

 

"That isn't what I m trying to show you!” Sowon bellowed, growing impatient with the latter.

 

 

 

"how can you say those things when you love Yerin? You're going to hurt her.”

 

 

 

 “Because I don't love her! It was never meant to go this far. I'm just going through a phase now. Take me back to the party!” 

 

 

 

 

“Sinb—" 

 

 

 

 

“Take me back to the party now!” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ryujin?” A frazzled Sinb ran through the first floor frantically. Repeating the name of her friend, trying to find the short five foot brunette somewhere over the sea of people. 

 

 

She feels as though she got high a couple minutes ago, which led to her having bizarre illusions and now she needed to let her friend know what had happened. Although, knowing Ryujin she might just place her in a psychiatric hospital. But still, Sinb needed some type of confirmation to know she wasn't still in a daydream. 

 

 

 

“Ryu?” Sinb was getting out of breath from running all over the first floor with heels on and the pain was already shooting through her legs. 

 

 

 

She saw the kitchen door ajar and sent a silent prayer in hopes that her friend might be there. She opened the door to see d bunch of food displayed on the counter like a feast and remembers the dinner she should be in, which Just brings her melancholy. She followed her eyes towards the dim light coming from the open refrigerator and noticed someone humming a tune with their head inside searching for food.

 

 

 

 

“Ryu?” 

 

 

 

 

The person behind the refrigerator let out a taugh and the sweet voice denied.

 

 

 

“Afraid not” 

 

 

 

A Short girl emerged from the refrigerator, a smile on her face and a bowl of grapes in her hands.

 

 

 

 

"i'm eunha, the ghost of Christmas present. I was actually going to make my whole cool entering scene but I got hungry” 

 

 

 

 

She popped a grape in and hummed in satisfaction. 

 

 

 

“Mmh, that hit the spot"

 

 

 

The Hwang stared flabbergasted back at the Girl behind the refrigerator door popping grapes in . She doesn't know how she found the words to speak, but the letters just fell through her lips. 

 

 

 

"so this isn't dream?” She stuttered and raised her palm up to her forehead in check of her temperature. Maybe she was having a cold because she decided to ignore mother nature and wear d dress not fit for the cold weather. 

 

 

 

“Or am I still in the dream?” 

 

 

 

"Give it up, Sinb! We're here to visit you because you have seemed to forget and deny your love for Yerin and also your a rude bi-"

 

 

 

"Finish that sentence and you'll be chocking on your grapes"

 

 

 

"i'd like to see you try. Real bold of you to assume I haven't choked yet” 

 

 

 

The women massaged her temples and sighed deciding to see where this dream, hallucination or holy test to see her destiny takes her. 

 

 

 

“Are you going to keep eating or  going to flash some magical stuff and get to it?!” 

 

 

 

"Eager to start, aren't you?" She smirked. 

 

 

 

 

Eunha took a purple grape from her bowl and tossed it in the air which turned into a purple mist redming dround them. Sinb covered her eyes this time around letting herself be transported to God knows where, she just hopes this ends soon. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yerin honey, weren't you supposed to pick our daughter up?"

 

 

 

“Y-yes, but she said Ryujin was bringing her instead” Yerin stuttered under the intense eyes from her girlfriend's parents. 

 

 

 

She's been sitting alone with them for thirty minutes and her girlfriend was no where to be found. She's been suffering through awkward conversation with Sinb's parents, looking out the window of the establishment every couple seconds to see if she appeared to no avail.

 

 

 

“Would you excuse me for a second? I m going to try calling her” 

 

 

 

 

The Hwang nodded, watching with a scrutinizing gaze as Yerin walked away from the table timidly. 

 

 

 

 

"Oh, this is awkward, isn't it?” Eunha spoke up, stretching out the word "awkward" as she winced watching the scene unfold. 

 

 

 

 

"Your parents don't seem too-thrilied” 

 

 

 

 

 

Sinb dismissed her comment and followed the blonde haired women suit. Her eyes were only on Yerin and she felt a tug in her heart she couldn't bother to sit and understand at this moment. So she decided on looking at her girlfriend, maybe she a have the answer. 

 

 

 

Yerin stopped outside the restaurant, standing besides a cedar spiral topiary decorating the entryway of the elegant establishment. She took out her phone and began to dial Sinb's number. To no success as it went straight to voicemail. The text messages in capital letters asking where she was were left on delivered. So, Yerin called the next person she thought of "Yuju"

 

 

 

 

“Yes, Yerin?” 

 

 

 

“Is Sinb still in the office by any chance?"

 

 

 

“No, she left an hour earlier with Miss Ryujin-WAIT! Is this a test to see if I'm still working? Tell her I am and l her files are placed perfectly and I cleaned her office too and I'm not watching Netflix on my computer either"

 

 

 

“No, Yuju it's Fine. I just haven't been able to get a hold of her”Yerin explained through the time, sighing knowing she still doesn't know where her girlfriend is. 

 

 

 

“Oh, okay. Well you might want to call Ryujin then. She's the last person I saw Miss Hwang with” 

 

 

 

“Alright, thanks Yuju! Go home now, yeah? Don't stay in the office for too long. It's almost seven you should be at home"

 

 

 

“I will, thanks for your concern Yerin" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sinb scrunched her eyebrows and with a repulsive tone in her voice, she vocalized her thoughts

 

 

 

"Why is she calling her?” 

 

 

 

“Jealous of your secretary?” Eunha questioned mockingly. 

 

 

 

“No" Sinb denied, rolling her brown eyes at the guy and turning back to watch a panicked Yerin.

 

 

 

Yerin had frantic eyes as she pressed buttons on her phone screen vigorously like her life depended on it, and Sinb's heart grew soft a little bit. Yerin looked lost and Sinb hated how Yerin is frustrated, how her eyes got watery without her meaning to because it made the Sinb feel pity. 

 

 

 

“Poor Yerin” Eunha mumbled under her breath. 

 

 

 

Yerin then sighed deeply, leaning her back against the brick wall of the restaurant in defeat, her eye closing in desperation.

 

 

 

Sinb's mishaps is something she has dlready dealt with in the past, but being this was a serious event she had thought maybe her girlfriend for once was going to take responsibility. It's like Yerin often was chasing over something that didn't want to be chased. 

 

 

 

She brought her right hand towards the pocket of her black blazer and took out a small box. She bit her lower lip as she viewed the glistening object in her hand questioning all of her intentions, asking herself if it was worth it. 

 

 

 

“What's that?” Sinb dsked, pointing toward the small box in Yerin's s hand. A box that Yerin seemed to be holding unto with dear life. 

 

 

 

Sinb let her legs walk nearer. Once her eyes grew a clear vision of the small glistening item in the black velvet box, her eyes grew wide and hung open. 

 

 

 

“Wow!” Eunha gaped, her eyes grew wide.

 

 

 

”That's a huge piece of rock! Rich people” 

 

 

 

Sinb  saw a single tear escape Yerin's eyes and she felt a piece of her heart break simultaneously. 

 

 

 

“No! Yerin don't cry! I'm here!”

 

 

 

“She can't hear you, Idiot!” 

 

 

 

"She's crying because of me"

 

 

 

“Obviously!” She snickered. 

 

 

 

"You ditched her at a dinner with your parents. That's like, the epitome of embarrassment. I'd my pants if I was stuck with my girlfriends parents for the first time all alone—how does that song from shrek go—oh, cus i'm all alone.There's no one here besides me" 

 

 

 

“Shut up" Sinb grumbled, nudging her in the stomach. 

 

 

 

“Why do you care? Aren't you on your way to get it on with Eunseo? Isn't thats why you ditched Yerin?” 

 

 

 

"I didn't ditch Yerin! I was going to stop by whenI was done” 

 

 

 

"You don't learn do you?” She questioned astounded, that even with the woman witnessing her girlfriend have a complete meltdown, she still had uncertainty and a vile attitude. 

 

 

 

“Ugh, your messing up my thoughts!” 

 

 

 

“Yerin” The voice of the Sinb's mother appeared, making the three look towards the door. 

 

 

 

“Mrs. Hwang” Yerin spoke up, looking down as she hastily used her hand to clean her cheeks before turning to face the elder. 

 

 

 

“Did you call Eunbi?”

 

 

 

“Yes. She's, um, stuck in traffic" Yerin lied. 

 

 

 

“Oh ok" Mrs. Hwang replied quite skeptical, but didn't pressure the girl nevertheless. 

 

 

 

“Come in, the waiter brought us some dishes.”

 

 

 

"of course, Mrs. Hwang” 

 

 

 

They made their way back inside the restaurant filled with rich people in fancy dresses, trying to live up to the expectation of wealth. 

 

 

 

 

“Ah, they'll be waiting for quite abit there” Eunha noted as she watched them leave. 

 

 

 

"Why? Aren't we going back?” 

 

 

 

“Umji!” 

 

 

 

In mere seconds, a red sports car pulled up on the side of the road. The dark glass of the car sliding down slowly to introduce a woman with large black glasses and a sly smirk.

 

 

 

 

"Sorry, I'm late! Get in loser!” 

 

 

 

“Who's she talking to?” 

 

 

 

“obviously You” Eunha said in an obvious tone as she pushed her forward. 

 

 

 

“She's the ghost of Christmas future. She'll take you on a ride to see what your life will become" 

 

 

 

“Come on, Hwang! Hop in! We don't have all night here!” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Didn't Sowon the ghost take me to the office already?” 

 

 

“This isn't your office, Hwang. Look ahead” 

 

 

 

 

“Miss Yuju, Vogue Korea's magazine director wants to hold an interview with you to talk about your new clothing line. Should we set up an appointment?” 

 

 

 

 

“Absolutely! Set a meeting for tomorrow over lunch" Choi Yuna answered. Sinb noticed her secretary looked distinctively different.

 

 

 

She was wearing a white suit with colorful pumps, holding a small brown briefcase. A lady with an earpiece was walking besides her with a note pad in her hand as they walked the hallway. 

 

 

 

 

“will do, Miss Yuju. Also, your fiancé is waiting for you at your office"

 

 

 

 

“Thank you, Jane! Make sure to look over the files of last weeks inventory and take the lunch off. You're overworking yourself"

 

 

 

 

“Oh, wow! Thank you, Miss Yuju!” 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why is my secretary giving out orders?” 

 

 

 

 

 

"She isn't your secretary, Sinb. She's the president of this company"

 

 

 

 

She turned to look at Irene with utter confusion.

“No she isn't. My parents own Hwang Enterprises. I'm the president!” 

 

 

 

 

“In the future, you're not” Umji replied, holding back a smile at the way the Sinb looked. She grabbed her hand and followed along Choi Yunw who was walking eagerly towards her office.

 

 

 

 

 

"Sweetie you're her? Couldn't stay away from you for too long"

 

 

 

 

“Yerin?!” Sinb screeched seeing her girlfriend engulf her secretary into a hug as they entered the office. 

 

 

 

 

“Get your hands off of her!” Sinb shouted while sulking.

 

 

 

 

They couldn't see her and no matter how many times she slapped them away from each other they stayed in each other's embrace. 

 

 

 

 

“They're engaged, Hwang!” The ghost declared, watching the Short haired gir with amusement. 

 

 

 

“What?! Engaged?!” 

 

 

 

“I have talked with the wedding planner for the invitations. We need to decide how many people are attending” Yuju spoke up, unraveling herself from the hug, smiling up at her fiancé. Yerin took Yuju's arms and draped them over her neck, bringing her fiancé closer by the waist so she wouldn't move. 

 

 

 

 

“Wedding?!” Sinb gasped. She went up behind Yerin and saw the gleam of a silver band on Yuju's finger that was twirling a piece of Yerin's hair nonchalantly. 

 

 

 

“That's my ring! That's supposed to be my ring!” 

 

 

 

“I was thinking to not have too many people. Paparazzi is already going to be outside regardless, I don't want a big crowd”Yerin replied calmly. Unaware of the presence of the fuming Sinb behind her and the ghost of Christmas future wishing she had popcorn to witness the scene in better satisfaction. 

 

 

 

 

 

“True, I was thinking our families and some close friends” 

 

 

 

“You don't even have friends” Winb commented under her breath. 

 

 

 

“Whatever you say, babe” 

 

 

 

“Ew" Sinb sneered in disgust and crossed her arms over her chest tightly. She was fuming so badly, that Umji thought smoke was bound to come out of her ears any second now. 

 

 

 

“i'm the only one who she should be calling babe!” 

 

 

 

Umji was about to let out a laugh, but a knock caught all of their attentions. 

 

 

 

 

“Come in" Yuju yelled unraveling herself from Yerin, to which the blonde haired girl frowned over. Yerin sent her playful wink and the brunette blushed, waiting for the door to open. 

 

 

 

 

“Hello, Miss Yuju"

 

 

 

Sinb's mouth hung open for the millionth time that night and she thought her jaw was going to break any minute now.

 

 

 

 “Yes, Miss Hwang?’ 

 

 

 

“I got you your cup of coffee. The Starbucks was full, please excuse my tardiness” 

 

 

 

Sinb gasped at the scene being displayed before her. 

 

 

 

 

“I, Hwang Eunbi, bringing coffee to Jisoo, my secretary"

 

 

 

"Well, in here you're Yuju's secretary”

 

 

 

"What? How?”

 

 

 

 

“You brought the company into complete bankruptcy. When you and Yerin broke up, she was so heartbroken that she went on to cut ties with the company. You failed to make connections with another fabric company in time for the next collection" Umji explained, taking a seat on top of the desk casually. 

 

 

 

“Your parents found out and gave the title to Yuju, the next best worker in the office. She was able to make connections with Yerin's company again after many tries. Along the way I guess they just fell in love” 

 

 

 

“And now I work for her?” 

 

 

 

“Correct” Umji clapped mockingly.

 

 

 

“Your catching on quickly aren't you?” 

 

 

 

Sinb drew a pout to her lips and saw how Yerin and future Sinb looked at edch other with heavy loathing in their eyes.

 

 

 

 

“This can't be real!” 

 

 

 

The tension in the room was thick and it brought the Sinb to a sea of anguish. Even though she often said her girlfriend bothered her, she couldn't imagine not having Yerin by her side.

 

 

 

Not hearing her cheesy lines, be gifted a bunch of flowers to which some she never knew existed and be educated on the meaning of them. She wanted to kiss Yerin in the park, even though sometimes she cared what others thought and she wanted to be called chipmunk because it made her feel special in Yerin's eyes. 

 

 

 

 

“This is my company and that's my ring and that's my girlfriend” Sinb shouted in despair. 

 

 

 

 

“Yeah well, this is what's going to be of your future if you keep behaving the way you do" Umji said unbothered, swinging her legs on the desk, watching Sinb have a full on tantrum. 

 

 

 

 

“No! This can't happen! I don't want this to happen! I want Yerin back! I—I love her" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I don't know where she is, Jung” Ryujin shrieked through the other line of the phone.

 

 

 

“Now if you'd excuse me I'm getting my holiday love making on, so goodbye"

 

 

 

The phone went dead before Yerin could utter any reply back and she slowly dragged the device down her ear in shame. 

 

 

 

 

“What did she say?” Mr. Hwang asked, eyeing the younger with worry in his eye. It's been a full hour and the daughter of the married couple was nowhere to be found. They were all growing worried. 

 

 

 

 

Yerin gulped down a lump in unsure of what to say. She has already lied throughout the whole night saying their daughter was stuck in traffic, but now she doesnt know what lie could sound convincible. “Uh, sir She—” 

 

 

 

 

“Yerin” An out of breath screech was heard, making many heads in the restaurant look towards the entrance startled. 

 

 

 

“Yerin, I'm here” 

 

 

 

“Eunbi! Where have you been?!” 

 

 

 

"Sinb, are you okay? I was worried about you!” 

 

 

 

Sinb nodded through the sea of questions, breathing desperately through trying to catch air back into her lungs. 

 

 

 

“i'm fine. I was just stuck in traffic. I'm sorry I made you guys wait so long” 

 

 

 

“Oh, sweetie! What are you wearing?” Mrs. Hwang squealed in horror when she saw her daughter take off her long coat, showing off a black dress that looked very much outdated. 

 

 

 

Upon hearing those words, Yerin grew a frown over 

her lips.

 

 

 

"That s my grandmother's dress I gave her. It's vintage Versace” 

 

 

 

“Oh,” Mrs. Hwang squeaked, an obvious fake grin on her lips. 

 

 

 

“I meant to say, what a beautiful dress you have on darling!” 

 

 

 

Mr. Hwang also faked a grin to help cover up his wife's mishap. 

 

 

 

"It really pretty, princess"

 

 

 

 

Smiling back at her parents in compassion, she flushed in embarrassment padding the dress down with her hands. 

 

 

 

“Why don't you guys order? I need to talk to Yerin really quick” 

 

 

 

“Of course, go ahead guys" Mr. Hwang motioned the couple to go ahead. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sinb grabbed unto Yerin's hand and continued to drag her outside the restaurant as Yerin tried to keep up, trying to not trip on her black heels she only wore on special occasions. 

 

 

 

 

 

“What's wrong, Sinb? Are you okay?” 

 

 

 

Sinb stopped abruptly, making Yerin loose a bit of balance, but she ignored it as Tears let out everything that was bottling up inside of her. 

 

 

 

 

“Yerin, I love you. I love you so much! Please don't leave me for Yuju and get married and make me your secretary that serves coffee and—" 

 

 

 

 

“Sinb” Yerin stopped her girlfriend's rambling, concern quickly taking over her face. She took Sinb's hands and held them tendenly.

 

 

 

"call me chipmunk"

 

 

 

 “huh? What happened?” 

 

 

 

 

“Three ghost came to visit me, took me to the past present and future with magic dust that made me travel places because I tried to cheat on you, but now I realize I love you” Sinb opted out of giving that explanation. 

 

 

 

 

“Nothing I just—" she took a deep breath and gazed dt Yerin's eyes which brought her comfort. 

 

 

 

 

"i'm your chipmunk. Your only chipmunk, right?”

 

 

 

“Yes, you are Eunbi-ya” 

 

 

 

“I love you"

 

 

 

 

"I love you too"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 Weeks Later

 

 

 

 

 

 “Miss Yuju, please come to my office!” The voice of the president of Hwang Enterprises echoed through the speaker of the phone and Yuju shut her eyes in agony. 

 

 

 

 

This couldn't be good. 

 

 

 

 

Yuju began to rake her brain to collect reasonings as to why her boss would call her to the office all of the sudden.

 

 

 

As far as she knows she hasn't done anything wrong. She brought the coffee Sinb liked in the morning, organized her files alphabetically and already ordered her Chipotle for lunch like Sinb had asked. Even told the worker twice to not add avocados to her order. 

 

 

 

With a sigh and a silent prayer to not get fired, the brunette made her way towards the dreadful office. She twisted the doorknob and prepared herself for the following conversation. 

 

 

 

 

“Yes, Miss Hwang?” 

 

 

 

“Sit” the boss announced, gesturing over to the two seats in front of her desk. Yuju nodded unsurely and pushed her wobbling legs up to her boss's desk and took a seat hesitantly. Her eyes bounced around the room looking for a sign of a set up. 

 

 

 

“Ryujin and I are already planning designs for the next collection” Sinb informed, crossing her arms over the desk.

 

 

 

"You've been my secretary for a long time now. I think it's time for you to show me your designs and be a part of this upcoming project. If you'd want to be apart of it that is"

 

 

 

“Really? Oh my gosh! Yes!” Yuju jumped in her seat with glee. 

 

 

 

“I have so many designs! Thank you so much Miss Hwang” 

 

 

 

“Don't thank me Yuju. You have worked really hard and you're very talented. Bring me your designs first thing tomorrow morning. You may take the rest of the day to decided what designs you want to show me” 

 

 

 

“Yes, yes! Thank you, i'll go work on it right now” Yuju stood up excitedly from her seat, she brought her hands together and smiled towards the Sinb.

 

 

 

“Thank you for the opportunity. I won't let you down”

 

 

 

 

“Better not” Sinb smirked, a fake menacing tone in her voice. She could only giggle at the brunette who is walking out of the office with glee. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tooo Looooong!