DAMN!!

Cake by the ocean

Yerin's life was pretty miserable on a day to day basis but today was just cruel. It started off normal enough which meant waking up early in the morning to avoid her mother. Except for whatever ing reason her mother was already awake.

 


That had been the first bad sign - her mother hated morning (as did yerin)  and it probably meant yerin had done something wrong again. Yerin is not always sure that she is actually doing things wrong. She is started to think her mother likes to being mad.

 


Thinking about that too much gets confusing though so she brushes off the "am i ty kid or she is a ty mother?" debate. She tries to slip out of the house before been spotted by her evil mother. Of course she doesn't make it though because the angry korean women seems to know everything already. Yerin was right.

 


Her mother was in horrible mood and lectured yerin in all the ways she wasn't living up to the expectations. Yerin stopped listening years ago. She finally managed to make her escape after giving all of the rehearsed responses like

 

 

 

"YAAH, JUNG YERIN" her evil mom shouted.

"sorry mom" yerin said normally.

"why are you sorry" her mom shouted again.

"for being a burden" she said again

"i'll do better next time" and run away.

 

"HEY TY KID" her mom screamed.

 


"i don't give a single , after all i am jung yerin huh" She whispered 

 

 

But the whole thing made her miss the early bus so she had to walk to the train.  Which wouldn't really have been that big of an issue except - she was tired and wanted to sleep more hence the bus. 
WHATEVER. 

 


The walk itself ended up not actually being that bad, kind of almost nice amd everything was going fine until she got off the trian. That's when yerin realized she left her ing bag on her seat. Now she kind of wanted to cry because - Yerin doesn't own alot but she liked that bag. Even worse her camera was inside and it wasn't like full of best camera ever but still her CAMERA. Yerin really wants to cry now. 

 


Yerin doesn't cry though and especially not in the ing public, so she does what she is best at and pretends that she doesn't care. She was running behind her usual schedule but because of her typical early morning start. Anyways she still had enough time before class. Then what about coffee? Yerin was certain that if she didn't get coffee in the next 5 minutes she is actually going to cry. 
And that would be really bad because again - Yerin doesn't cry. Thats like basically admitted defeat and she won't give her mother that satisfaction. 

 


The line at the coffee shop was so long that yerin briefly considered skipping it all together but aftet having a thought without coffee. Nah she need this. 

 

So she waited (waited and waited and waited) and did her best not to make eye contact with anyone but luckily everyone is sick of being awake in the morning and no one was feeling very chatty. Some guys already seated at a table and staring at her and like, okay she knows that she catchs alot of attention with her charisma and funky style but it was all creepy and she was not in the mood to be stared by some creepy guys so that made her super uncomfortable whole time. 

 


When it was finally yerin's turn at the counter and she asked for iced coffee and did her best to not snap at the nice barista who had probably never done anything wrong in her life.  She reached for her wallet in her bag and then- BOOM

 


"oh my god, my bag!" 

 


The wallet was in her bag. 
The bag was in the train. 
The train going who knows where? 

 


She could tell the exact moment the barista figured out what was going on because she gave yerin the saddest and most pitying look and she wanted to shrivel up and die. She must have looked like she was on the verge of ing breakdown because the barista actually paid for the drink and yerin promised to definitely come back again the next day. 


They probably didn't take any longer than any usual to make her drink but yerin was barely holding on the clock and the clock was ticking and she was cutting it so close to missing the first bell. As soon as they called her name, yerin grabbed her coffee and bolted. If she walked really fast and nothing else happened she could make it to school in time. 


Usually yerin enjoyed the walk through the school but she was too miserable this morning. She was so miserable and hurried that she didn't even notice the over grown tree roots popping out of the ground and tripped right over one.

 

 

LUCKY? ISHH!

 

 

Yerin who had pretty good natural balance ability due to yoga and dance was able to catch herself before she actually face planted but her drink wasn't so lucky. Yerin desperately needed iced coffee (that she hadn't even taken a single sip yet) slipped out of her hand and crashed into the grass.

 


Yerin just stood there, frozen. She stared at the coffee seeping into the ground. 

 


THIS WAS TOO MUCH

 

 


"I want to die, i'm so sick of being alive"


"why so soon?" someone said nearby.

 


Yerin jerked her head up and stumbled back a step, surprised at the drop dead gorgeous girl approaching her.

 


"hi" She said.

 

Yerin was dumbfounded. This is the most beautiful girl she'd ever seen in her entire life. She is sure of it, and she is talking to yerin and also she had definitely just seen yerin throw her coffee everywhere and almost faceplant. She thanked every god in the world that she hadn't actually fallen.

 

 

The girl spoke up again and yerin realised that she had been staring at her whole time. 
could this day get worse?

 


"hi again, i'm sinb" she held out her hand and yerin, not even to look even more awkward than she already did, rushed to shake it and in the process probably ended up just being even more weirder and too eager. Sort of just like, yerin held her hand.

 

 

Damn too soft to hold.
She definitely forget to let go of her hand.

 

 

The girl named sinb smiled was smiling to see yerin like this. being funny.

 

 


"i think this is the part where you will tell me your name right?"

"ohmo, yerin, jung yerin"
"that's my name. huh yes" 

 

why was she talking still?

 

 

Sinb smiled again.

"hi yerin" 


Yerin opened to say something but at that moment the starting bell rang out across the entire campus and yerin went white. She was supposed to be in the class right now and like any other day she really wouldn't care that much but. She's just too overwhelmed with her enture moring and now this literal goddess model is staring at her like yerin might be kind of crazy.

 

 

"OH MY GAAD" Yerin says but loud this time, before sinb can say anything else.

"i'm so sorry. I swear i'm not usually a mess. Well i mean, probably i am but like i don't- HEY CALM DOWN" Sinb cutted her sentence.

 


This is the worst day ever and yerin is such a ing idiot.

 


"i'm sorry" Yerin lowered her head.

"Yerin its okay, I promise you have nothing to apologize for" Sinb said while smiling.

 


Yeah righ. BULL

 

Yerin is apologizing everyday of her life. Sinb's face softens and the look she gives to yerin is too honest that yerin has no idea what to think or say now.

 


"it was just- when i realised i was not making it to class on time. It was just too much" Yerin finished her sentence.

 

"You are also late i think. I'm so sorry! Did i ruined your morning? i'm so sorry" Yerin says again and this type too fast.


"hey hey" Sinb says softly, makimg sure to catch yerin's eyes directly.

"you didn't, i don't have any class today" Sinb smiles carefully.

"but if you want to go to the class now, we can go together because we share the same teacher who totally adores me" Sinb says the last part cutely.

Yerin literally can't believe this girl is still with her.

 

"no, its just-" Yerin trails off.

 

Yerin really want to go home and lie in the bed for the rest of her life. But she definitely can't go home before school is over.

Her mother will be super pissed off and She don't want to face her evil monster mother. 

 

"i don't know what i'm going to do but i don't think it's going to be classes today" Yerin sighed.

 

Sinb gives her a wicked grin and yerin's heart stops again.


"In that case, can i buy you another coffee? I think i've found something much more interesting than ny own classes as well" 


Yerin can't believe that sinb is willing to skip school for her. Yerin's first instinct is to say no of course (but yerin doesn't want to own anyone anything) but than she has thought and - well her face is burning.

 


"are you uhm, asking me out?"

"If you say yes, then absolutely. If you don't want then i'd still like to take you as a friend" Sinb said with sweet smile.

 


"She is asking me out?" She whispered to herself.

 


DAMNN!

 


"I'd really like option first one though" Sinb winks and yerin grows even nore flustered than she thought possible.

 

"I'm saying yes" Yerin mumbled.

"Thats great" Sinb winked again and now yerin is going to die. And i think its going to be true.

 

She was half on the way of face plantation but sinb hold her hand and pull her to her side.

"oh, thankyou so much" Yerin cursed under her breathe. How unlucky she is.

 

Then sinb raises their still joined hands and yerin understands and feels like sinking into the ground.

 

"did you want to hold hands the whole way there or do i get mine back? I totally don't mind either way"

 

"oh " yerin whispers and sinb laughs.

 

Sinb really laughs loudly and yerin swears she's just fallen in love because nothing in her life will get more beautiful than sinb's smile.

 


She considered this day as the best day of her life.

 

 

 

 


YES YOU!