PROLOGUE

UNDERCOVER: Cameron Xu

"My son doesn't need a loveless marriage, Viktor. He is free to choose who he wants to marry and as a parent, I have no right to interfere with his personal life." The man smiled as he sipped his coffee behind his desk, his dark predator eyes were glistening.

 

This old man is called the Big Boss of Underground, the sole owner of Hailang Hotels all over China. "I appreciate the offer though." 

 

Viktor masked the shivers that were crawling under his skin, silently clenching his jaw. 

 

 "Please Mr. Viktor out, we don't want him getting lost inside this manor." he nodded at the maid who bowed to him and called the guest, "Mr. Viktor, this way please." opening the door for him. 

 

"Fine." Viktor stood up, mouth was twitching, and his hands were balled into fist. "I'll leave you be then." He turned around and stomped to the door of Harry Zheng's study, but halted his step halfway, giving him one last smirk and walked out. 

 

The old butler Nicholas, shooting a worried look at his Master, Harry thought of it as funny, this old butler of his was more worried than he actually was.

 

"Master Zheng, I don't think that he was really fine with that and I apologize for my nosiness, but I'm very much concerned with Young Master Erin."

 

The man chuckled in response, he stood up and walked next to his butler, lightly tapping his shoulder. "I know that Nicholas. Viktor is a kind of guy that is willing to bite off more than he can chew, but killing him might ruin us, unless he moves first and attacks us, until then we should wait for a good reason to destroy him."

 

Nicholas's uneasiness was relieved instantly, "Then, would you like me to send a squad for the Young Master?" 

 

Harry smiled, staring outside the large window of his study. The view was incredible, seeing the ocean's waves pushing through the white sand, and the sun was near setting down, reflecting it's light at the ocean. "Call the best of the best in the Red Force. I want to meet them tonight at Hailang."

 

Old Nicholas bowed and excused himself to make a call. 

 

Viktor slammed his fist at his desk, the loud sound of the utensils falling startled the maids. Cracked vases and discarded items littered the floor.

 

"I want you to find Erin as soon as possible!" he shouted at his butler who in turn trembled with fear.

 

That old bastard.

 

Victor's angry eyes stared at the picture in front of him. An old man and his young son, both were smiling. He laughed slightly, anger and annoyance obvious in his lips.

 

"Ha! You don't want to give him to me? Well, let's see!" he viciously tore up the picture and threw it at the cleaning maids who shivered in fear.


 

--


 

It was very cold outside, the night was young and yet, the cold didn't bother Cameron as he rode his motorbike like a wind. The moon was his lamp, guiding him in the darkest part of the city, maneuvering to a discreet hotel between larger buildings. 

 

He stopped and parked at the side, he noticed two more identical vehicles next to him. They must be here too. 

 

He walked inside and greeted the front desk. The elevator took him to the very top of the building where meetings of various leaders of the association were held.

 

As soon as the door opened, he was greeted by the stares of the invited leaders. An oppressing tension could be felt, only to be replaced with a more outgoing feeling when a man with a red hair spoke up. 

 

"Why are you always late, Captain Dragon?" Sea Snake commented on him, the man even gave him a goofy smile. Beside him was his second-in command, Leopard who was silent and minding his own business.

 

He just ignored him and went to an empty seat next to Fox who greeted him, the proxy for his second-in-command Phoenix who was currently outside the country with Sea Snake's staff Agent Hawk, were having a mission together.

 

"Hey, when will Captain Dragon notice me? At least a Hi and hello will do!" Sea Snake said sadly.

 

"Maybe that's because you talk too much nonsense, Captain Snake." Agent Fox teases. 

 

Everyone laughed except Cameron and Sea Snake.

 

"In my defense, I just want to be close to him. We've been working together for a long time but I'm the only one he doesn't talk to."

 

Suddenly the door opened, Harry and his old butler entered. Everyone stopped laughing and their professionalism was evident when the client was around. They all stood up and bowed, a sign of recognition and respect for the two superiors who had arrived.

 

Harry waved his hand as he sat down in his seat, he motioned for them to sit back and relax.

 

"Gentlemen, I have a mission for you, that is if you are interested." He observed everyone and continued, "It was my son." Harry smiled at them as he leaned back in the chair.

 

The three leaders of the Red Force stared at each other, they were confused since everyone knows that the best team to handle protection is Sea snake's team, which specializes in Defense, but why even include Dragon’s Offense team and White Dove’s Rescue team?

 

"Excuse me, not for being rude Master Harry, but why is the White Dove and Dragon team still involved when my team is the top class when it comes to defense?"

 

Harry nodded, "Not that I don't trust your team, Sea Snake. But my son's life depends on it. I want to give him the best protection I could give, so I want the other team to take part as well." he said.

 

"The best defense is an offense, am I right Master Harry?" Cameron said softly but clearly.

 

The latter nodded, Sea Snake understood this, and he didn't make unnecessary reactions. As long as their Master wishes for it, they would love to comply.

 

"If any of you are still finishing or in the middle of a task, I suggest you drop it or you could leave it to other recruits or your trustee subordinates." The Old Butler spoke in a serious manner, staring at everyone's eyes. 

 

White Dove raises his hand, "Our team's task was almost complete," he gave an apologetic look at Harry as he stated. "We are not the type to suddenly abandon our mission, so I suggest that you should let the two captains go first while me and my group finish our tasks. We will hurry to the scene if something wrong happens as long as you give us a call."

 

Harry Zheng agreed without a complaint. He set the rules for everyone and it's unwise to change it. They discussed a few more problems until they came up with solutions and strategies.

 

"Is it exclusive or open?" Sea Snake asked suddenly, talking about the contract. The exclusive contract includes only those within that room, no little helpers and only leaders, their second-in-commands, and a third person were bound to sign, while the open contract includes the minions and staff of the three leaders.

 

"It's an exclusive contract, because you are the most experienced in this job." Harry sipped a tea from his cup and they all just nodded and listened quietly as old butler Nicholas explained their assignment. Discussion filled the room, and everyone signed the contract accordingly.

 

Cameron's forehead furrowed as he looked for his lighter in his pocket to light a cigarette, but it wasn't there, so he just threw it away. The meeting was over and they were all in their cars, and only Cameron was on a motorbike. 

 

"Oh why are you going to ride with us now? Didn't you tease me relentlessly upstairs earlier?" he heard Sea Snake say to Agent Fox who was struggling to get into his car. 

 

"Honestly Captain, I also don't want to ride in your car but I want Sir Leopard to be by my side." Fox teases him. 

 

"Hey Fox! Come here." Cameron shouted, calling the latter who scratched his head. Clearly in trouble.

 

Sea Snake laughed out loud and back. "Your Captain is calling you. I hope you get reprimanded for flirting with my second-in-command." 

 

"Uhh Captain?" Fox turned his head at Cameron's direction, smiling a little. 

 

 "Come with me and don't bother that Sea Snake, the hair on his head is getting thinner from what you're doing." he put on his helmet and threw the extra at Fox who in turn caught it.

 

"You hear that, Captain Snake? Captain said you're going bald!" A howl of laughter erupted and Sea Snake faked his grumpiness by giving the both of them a finger and then they all parted ways. 

 

"Where are we going Cameron?" Fox asked.

 

"I'm your Captain right now, Donald."

 

"My name is really ugly, please refrain from calling me that," he said disgustedly. 

 

Cameron was only slightly amused by the behavior of his friend who completely hated his own name. 

 

"Anyways, I'm sure that this mission wasn't just about an arranged marriage, I feel like there's much to it if you look closely." 

 

Cameron nodded, they knew that it's not just about a marriage proposal that has been rejected, it was about an heir who will inherit that old man's power. Hidden it may seem on the outside, but Hailang was a terrifying existence for everyone that took a peek on that dark abyss.

 

"You have to give notice to the people below, we'll be gone for a long time and no one else will be there, so you just choose someone you can trust to take care of the bounties."