Chapter One.

UNDERCOVER: Cameron Xu

Hasty footsteps that were almost jogging are the only noise coming from the dark corner. His silvery hair that was covering his eyes was swept away by the cold wind that greeted him. 

 

Someone was watching his every movement, he could feel their eyes boring a hole into his skull, and he knew that they had been trying to follow him everywhere he goes. He was absolutely terrified at this point. 

 

He tried to get rid of them by going through different means, but they still followed him easily and so he turned at the end of the road and decided to just run away as fast as he could. 

 

The street was rather empty. His head was in a mess whether he should run some more or hide. His stamina is low and was out of breath immediately. The sound of hurried footsteps leave him no choice but to abandon running. 

 

His heart thumped as he quickly hid himself at the darkest part of the street, where a house that looks like abandoned and haunted stood before him, although the dark naturally scares him but as of now, it's more of a blessing from hiding him, and it was enough to help him purge his throbbing fear for his pursuers. He was still far from his dorms, so he sat back and waited while holding his breath behind the dumpsters.

 

It was getting near and near, he silently prayed that he wouldn't get caught. Clamping his hands to his mouth.

 

"It's impossible that he ran that fast," he heard a gun clack, "find him!" fear spread inside him. 

 

"He might've really run away and didn't stay long. We need to hurry." he heard them say. 

 

He was about to step out of the dark after a couple of minutes since he last heard a noise, when a hand suddenly pulled him back to sit between someone's legs in the back of the dumpsters, one hand on his waist and the other was covering his mouth. Erin's heart was on his throat, his eyes started to water from fear and panic as he struggled to break free from the tight embrace. 

 

"Shhhh.." A man whispered in his ear, refraining him from doing too much noise, wrapping his arms around Erin's waist tightly. "I won't hurt you."

 

Heavy footsteps soon followed, "We should split. He really is not here." he heard them say, and one by one they dispersed.

 

Erin's heart didn't calm, not even a little. If he stepped out a little bit earlier, he would've been caught. His heart rammed through his chest. What should he do now? Him and this man were still on the same spot with the same positions. He lightly tapped the man's hand to remove it from his mouth. 

 

"Who are you?" he whispered in a shaky voice, yet the latter ignored him. His masculine arms were still wrapped around Erins waist. His silence was enough to induce fear to him. 

 

The next second, the man stood up, Erin did the same. It was still dark around so he couldn't see the man's facial features, all he knew was that he was a little taller than him even though he was 6ft tall himself. 

 

Instead of answering, he was grabbed by the wrist and was pulled outside the dark to safety. They walked a little next to a lamp post, but still he couldn't really see his face as the man stood a little too far from the light. His mouth formed to say a word, "I–"

 

"Go home, it's getting really late." he watched as the man turned around, leaving him alone on the empty street. 

 

Erin didn't even get his name, 'Uhh'' he anxiously looked around now that he was left alone, he felt another stream of fear, and so he ran towards the direction of his dorm, never looking back. Still cautious on his surroundings; afraid that someone was still following him.

 

Cameron looked at the departing figure of his target, how easy of him getting caught. 

 

'Damn, I thought this kid could protect himself?'

 

Luckily, he was the one who caught Erin first. He jogged to follow him from a safe distance, and he waited until he got inside safely of what seems to be a dorm. 

 

"Status?" his hand was on his ear, talking to an earpiece. Peeking behind a large pillar near the gate where Erin's place.

 

On the other line, a simple "Done." was given. The man's smile was cunningly sweet as he dropped the call. His angelic face was smiling on the bloody mess in front of him, wiping the traces of blood on his hands with a towel handed by Leopard. 

 

"It was nice to have a change of character sometimes, I've been staying for the defense team for quite a long time. I thought I lost my edge a little bit." Sea snake his lips as he looked down at his feet. 

 

"Indeed Captain, I could feel that you are genuinely happy to exchange positions with Captain Dragon." 

 

Fox side eyed him, observing a little. He knew that even though Sea Snake was seemingly kind, you can't let yourself be fooled, a snake was a snake. His sweet demeanor would devour you when you're not careful enough, friends included. 

 

"Fox," Leopard broke him from his trance, as he asked "Aren't you gonna follow Captain Dragon?"

 

"No," Fox squatted down, waving his hand and pulled out his phone, "He could take care of himself; if he needs me, he will call for me. Now, my job was to help you clean Captain Bald Snake's mess." he was tapping his phone a little hard. Sea Snake gasped in disbelief, completely changing his cruel demeanor.

 

"Excuse you Foxy, my hair is perfectly fine and I'm not going bald." Sea Snake raised his hand to brush his hair consciously.

 

Leopard's feline like eyes were turning into slits as he let out a hearty chuckle. "Then we should get going."

 

"You and Captain should go, I'll be staying here." Fox grinned widely at Leopard. 

 

The two nodded at him and left first, leaving him sitting alone in the dark, dealing with the dead bodies that lay on the ground.

 

He picked up the phone vibrating in his pocket, a gentle voice spoke, "I will take care of those, you should go back and leave it be." and hangs up, not even letting him talk. 

 

He scoffed, annoyed at that Deer for being rude. Whatever, he thought while leaving the scene, pulling a cigarette from his dark suit, and lighting it. It wasn't his job anyway. 

 

A sudden ring of a telephone was picked up, a voice resonating behind the line. 

 

Old Butler Nicholas hummed and dropped the call, he looked as his Master who was waiting for him to come and sit back to finish their Chess game. 

 

"Is it Dragon?" Harry asked, but the latter shook his head.

 

"It was the Vulture and Deer."

 

"Oh," the crinkle on his eye was visible as he smiled at his Butler, beckoning him to sit to which he complied. "What do they want?"

 

"They were requesting for White Dove, Agent Hawk and Phoenix's immediate presence, Master." 

 

"I see." 

 

Both fell silent as the Master mainly focused and waited for him to advance his piece. "Then you should give them a call."

 

"There's just one tiny problem, Master."

 

"What is it?"

 

"Agent Hawk and Agent Phoenix have gone missing."