I’m not jealous. Who says I’m jealous?

I saw it on TikTok

Kyungsoo hired a new guy...

... Jongin doesn't like it.

 

...

“Stop staring at him, he’s going to notice,” Baekhyun chuckled as he flipped through the pages of an old magazine, leaning over the counter. They had been standing there for around twenty minutes, just… watching. Luckily for them, there weren’t any customers.

“He won’t notice,” Jongin said, however his stare was slowly becoming a glare at this point and Baekhyun could probably hear him clenching his teeth from a mile away.

“He will,” Baekhyun sighed, turning to look at the reason for Jongin’s misery.

Kyungsoo was standing just a few feet away from them, smiling as he explained something to the new guy.

The new guy.

Considering the fact that their store was growing so quickly, Kyungsoo discussed with them the possibility of hiring an extra employee. At the time Baekhyun and Jongin agreed because work was piling up on them and they needed help. Jongin was taking care of even more of their marketing stuff. Baekhyun handled the store while Kyungsoo did all the paperwork and everything else. So, in conclusion, they needed someone. It was getting harder to handle everything.

They interviewed a couple of people for about a week before they decided on someone.

Zhang Yixing.

He had the experience, a friendly personality and a cute dimple in Baekhyun’s opinion. Jongin even agreed until he noticed that Yixing and Kyungsoo were getting along well. Maybe too well.

Don’t get him wrong, he isn’t the jealous type, however seeing them together just made his chest burn.

Kyungsoo insisted on being the one to train him and him being the owner, none of them said anything about it. Jongin noticed them laughing and frequently leaving to get coffee together. He has never seen Kyungsoo smiling that much so often.

Laughing even!

Jongin didn’t like it and it was obvious with the way he kept glaring at both.

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow, letting out a sigh. “Why don’t you just tell him you like him?”

“No,” Jongin shakes his head. He turns his back to the other two because otherwise he would explode.

“Why not? I’ve seen you guys flirting here and there.”

“Yeah… I don’t think that can be defined as flirting.” After that one dinner night, Jongin and Kyungsoo exchanged a few flirtatious remarks, but nothing beyond that. Jongin believes it's still not clear if Kyungsoo really likes him or if he is just being nice therefore, he refuses to be the one to say something.

It could ruin everything.

“Fine! Do nothing then.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, leaving to set up a package of new clothes.

Jongin sighed. Even when he didn’t like it, he had to admit that Baekhyun was right. He couldn’t just stare at them like this. The best solution was to let it go and move on to other things. He had a lot of work to do and honestly, maybe it was for the best.

 It was easier said than done.

Every laugh, every word. The way they couldn't stand any closer, even if they wanted to. Jongin was convinced there was something there.

“Jongin,” Kyungsoo called from the counter. There were still traces of a smile. “I’m going out.”

“Where?”

 “Yixing and I are going to go pick up some stuff.”

“Why?” Jongin frowned.

The other two glanced at each other. “Because… I have to. Let Baekhyun know. We’ll be right back either way.”

Jongin’s eyes traveled from his boss to the newcomer and back to his boss, and he just hummed in response. He didn’t feel like being in this room anymore, so he walked towards the back offices of the store. Even as he did, he could feel Kyungsoo’s deep stare on his back.

It took them two hours to pick up whatever they were going to pick up. Jongin’s head spiraled with the hundreds of possibilities, and he felt his stomach burning with jealousy. The more he saw them together, the less he liked it. When they got back to the store, it was already lunchtime. Usually they took turns to have lunch but this time Kyungsoo suggested the store be closed so they could have lunch together nearby to welcome Yixing to the team.

Jongin sighed, but he followed.

They walked to a restaurant nearby. Yixing took the seat next to Kyungsoo almost instantly, which made Jongin take the one across from his boss. They ordered and talked for a while, however Jongin was more focused on checking the comments from their latest TikTok. He had to admit he was running out of ideas, so he had to look for something fun to do.

Suddenly he saw a big hand cover the screen of his phone and hold on to his hand. Jongin blinked, surprised as he looked up at Kyungsoo, who was now looking back at him.

“Are you okay? You’re kind of quiet today.” Kyungsoo tilts his head, there’s concern in his eyes and Jongin suddenly feels stupid.

“Yeah, everything is fine.” He smiled while placing the phone down. However, Kyungsoo still didn't let go of his hand.

“If you have something on your head, you can just say it.” It’s almost as if Kyungsoo’s deep eyes were staring right into Jongin’s soul and he didn’t want him there. He didn’t want him to know.

“It’s fine.” Jongin shrugged, trying to convince himself as well.

The food arrived soon after, forcing Kyungsoo to let go of the other man. They had an animated chat while they ate. Baekhyun asked Yixing a few questions, just to get to know him better, and Jongin hated the fact that Yixing was so nice. It made everything even more difficult.

He can’t hate him in peace if the other guy is nice.

Once they got back to the store, everyone went back to their duties. Customers coming and going as time went by. Luckily Yixing was getting the hang of it quickly and helped around the store as much as he could. Baekhyun even offered to help train him eventually, but Jongin suspected it had more to do with the fact that he was cute.

He was finally alone behind the cash register. He was trying to research for new TikTok material when he felt a presence next to him. Incredibly close.

He looked up to find Kyungsoo once again staring at him. However, he was sitting so close that Jongin’s left arm and leg were touching Kyungsoo’s arm and leg. Kyungsoo had the hint of a smile, and Jongin could not be any more confused.

“What?” Jongin asked after a moment of silence between them.

“Nothing, can’t I sit next to you now?” Kyungsoo’s tone suggested he was joking, but this whole situation was weird.

“You can but… I don’t know.”

“Hmm… so are you upset I’m spending a lot of time with the new guy?” Kyungsoo spoke softly, only for the two of them to hear.

Jongin’s eyes widened. “No.” he said. However, his voice was a few pitches higher. He cleared his throat. 

“It’s okay to be jealous.” Kyungsoo had a knowing smirk on his face.

“I’m not jealous. Who says I’m jealous?” Jongin tried to put some distance between them but Kyungsoo didn’t allow it.

“Are you sure you’re not upset because he makes me laugh?” Kyungsoo rested his head on his hand as he looked at the other man, amused.

“No, why? Did Baekhyun say something to you?”

Kyungsoo laughed. “He doesn’t have to.” He sat there silently for a moment. “But you know… you have nothing to worry about.”

Kyungsoo then leaned in and kissed Jongin’s cheek gently in a way that made Jongin’s body spit fire. Maybe ‘his cheek’ wasn’t really the right term, because Kyungsoo’s lips touched the corner of his mouth so lightly. Not too close to be a proper kiss, but enough to be more than a kiss on the cheek.

Jongin blinked, even more confused than before. “I…”

“We’re going for drinks after closing time. Are you coming?” Kyungsoo asked. Jongin had a hard time processing words.

“I- I’m coming.”

“Okay, I’ll go check some paperwork now.” Kyungsoo laughed as he stood up and left.

What the hell just happened?

“You know Jongin,” Baekhyun walked over, leaving Yixing to talk to a few customers. “I just thought, why don’t you make this whole new guy and hot boss situation into a TikTok. I’m sure your fans would appreciate an update.”

Jongin was silent for a moment.

“That’s not a bad idea, actually.”

“Of course it isn’t! I thought of it.” Baekhyun said.

“Yeah… your ideas are questionable sometimes but I’ll give you this one.” Jongin chuckled, suddenly in a better mood than before. He stood up, heading towards the back office, with a now pouty Baekhyun following him.

“My ideas are great Kim Jongin!”