part 1

It's me (and it's you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sound of door being slammed shut echoed through the hotel hallway. Nayeon leaned against the door, eyes wide and chest heaving like she just finished a marathon, when in fact she had only takes a step outside before hurriedly retreated back inside like a headless chicken because of what she had just witnessing outside the door.

 

Did I see it right?

 

Nayeon wanted to confirm it, to make sure it wasn't just a mere hallucination, but she wasn't sure if her heart was ready of what's next if she's ended up being right. Or the disappointment she would feel if it's just her stupid brain decides to play a trick on her after all these years. Either way, she wasn't ready for both and just ends up staring at the wall in front of her, mind went back to somewhere in the past.

 

This somehow feels like a dejavu.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Holy -"

 

 

Nayeon slammed the door shut when she saw a familiar face standing outside her door. With eyes wide open and heart beating thousand miles per hour, she stares at the closed door in front of her, hoping she could see the other side without actually open it.

 

Did I see it right?

 

She opened the door once again, slowly this time and seeing the girl was still standing there - looking exactly the same as Nayeon remembered her from yesterday. Pretty. Constellation. Captivating dark brown eyes. The only differences today was that teasing smile she's wearing on her face when she says, "I'd take that you hate having a roommate?"

 

 

-

 

 

Nayeon doesn't know what the hell she was doing here, standing still like an idiot for almost an hour doing what, guarding a sleeping stranger from blazing noon sun? What is this? A freaking teens romance? This is so sappy, Jeongyeon for sure not gonna let her live if she ever know about this. But still Nayeon quickly moved to her left a little when the sun changes its direction and hit the girl's face, making her frown in her sleep. A proud grin crept up into her face when the girl hummed softly in her sleep, frown from a moment ago disappears from her face. Nayeon tilted her head a little as she stares at the sleeping stranger.

 

She's so pretty. Why haven't I seen her before?

 

Nayeon, being the most friendly person on earth, has made it her mission to know everyone in their school. Whether they were students, teachers or even the school janitors. But this girl, a pretty stranger who thinks it's a good idea to sleep on the rooftop at eleven in the morning, she has never seen her before. And there's no way Nayeon would've missed such pretty face walking around the school. So, that could only mean one thing. She is a new transfer student.

 

First day and already skipped classes, huh? Nayeon shook her head disapprovingly, but an amused smile remains on her lips.

 

She doesn't know how much time has passed since she came up up here and decides to become this girl's knight in shinning armor and protect her from an evil that's noon sun, but she really hoped this stranger is going to wake up soon because as much as she loves appreciating art, counting the beauty spots that looks like constellation on her pretty face, both her hand and legs were numb and Nayeon doesn't know how much longer she could hold on. She's also sweating like bullets because of the striking sun on her back.

 

After a few minutes that felt like forever on Nayeon's part, it looks like someone up there finally took a pity on her and decide to answer her pray because the girl started to stir in her sleep, her eyelids twitching, an indication that she was about to wake up. But instead of feeling relieved, Nayeon felt panic surged inside her.

 

What am I going to say to her?

 

Should I just leave before she noticed me?

 

It's still not too late if I just-

 

Before Nayeon could think of which option she should choose, her eyes met with a pair of confused dark brown eyes. With her head still learning against the desk, the girl stares at her, successfully taking Nayeon off guard, her own eyes widen in surprise. Out of reflex, she withdrawed her hand that covered the girl's face and took a step back to distance herself. She watches as the girl's eyes closed instinctively at the sudden exposure to the sun before opening it again and stares at her in question. Nayeon thinks it's her cue to explain the situation.

 

"So, I-I come up- you- sleep and-d the sun- I shield-" She stuttered out. So much for explanation, really. Feeling the embarrasment started to creeping up into her face, Nayeon shut her eyes closed.

 

Not cool, Im Nayeon. Totally not cool.

 

When she opened back her eyes, Nayeon definitely wasn't prepared for what she's about to see. If she thinks the stranger was already pretty with her eyes closed, nothing had prepare her for this one. Her breath catches in at the sight of the girl smiling at her, brown eyes turned a shade darker in the sunlight.

 

Nayeon suddenly feels like falling.

 

Must be because of her tired legs.

 

"Thank you."

 

 

+

 

 

Nayeon doesn't know how long she had been spacing out on her bed, staring at the faded paint on their room wall, because one moment her new roommate were at her own side of the room, unpacking her stuff near the bed, the next she was already standing tall in front of her, looking down at her the same way Nayeon did to her yesterday.

 

"Y-yes?" Nayeon stuttered out once snapped out of her stupor, perplexed by the sudden proximity.

 

"There you are."

 

She smiled and Nayeon stared. It's suddenly feels like the rooftop situation all over again, with the girl being the sun, dazzling and Nayeon felt warm creeping u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter