Beginning

Love and Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why does this world need to be so cruel for someone who wants to experience what love really is? Why can't just someone be with the person they love? Why do love needs to be forbidden and lies to be the only truth?

There's a law, when people turns 16, the government assigned you to your future partner. This is someone that the government believes to be the person you are most compatible with, even though you've most likely haven't met prior to be arranged.

It's the way of living now. Not for the good of love but for the good of people.

"Hey, Irene-unnie?" 

Irene snapped back to reality as she heard someone's calling out hear name.

"Comeback to Earth, Unnie!" the person said again, waving her hand in front of Irene.

"What is it?" Irene asked, turning her attention away from someone and focus to her friend, Joy.

"You weren't paying attention to what I just said." Joy said.

"Ahh... Sorry... I was just..." Irene said hesitated.

"Wha- I mean Who are you staring at." Joy giggled and turn around in the direction where Irene staring at.

"J-Joy" 

"Ohh..." Joy muttered and turned her gaze back straight to the older's eyes. Her lips formed a smirk and looks that she was expecting it.

"Wae?" Irene asked, trying to hide her embarrassment.

"You're still in love with the bear, I see."

"What? How? How did you know?" Irene said confused and curious as how the latter knew about it.

"I'm not stupid to not notice your action everytime she's around you." Joy said as a matter-of-fact. 

Irene cursing herself for being obvious and not careful. "Don't tell me Jennie and Rose already know about it?"

"Of course they already know about it."

"How? I mean..."

"Why don't you confess your feelings to her?" Joy said, making the older girl caught off guard.

"I- What?!"

"Don't shout, Grandma." Joy said, covering her ears. "When are you going to confess to her?"

Irene just shrugged her shoulder. "I don't know. I never considered it and I think she's not into girls."

"Come on, Irene-unnie. You'll never know about it until you ask her yourself."

"Ask her?!" Irene squeaked. "I can't do that!"

"Why not?" Joy asked. "You're turning sixteen in two days, aren't you?"

"You're right." Irene said, looking down.

"It's okay. Don't be sad, Unnie it doesn't suits you." Irene smacked the back of her head.

"If I confess to her, I think it's already too late. Soon, I'll be arrange to marry someone else." Tears are planning to escape from Irene's eyes. "Why does this world need to be so cruel?"

"The world isn't cruel, Irene-unnie, but the people living in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter