FINAL

Just the Two of Us
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Yoongi.” You called for his name as you watched him walk into the small apartment. He kicked off his shoes by the door and greeted the tabby cat that stretched as she noticed him. You and Yoongi had been living together for a year and a half. It was a small apartment filled with books and instruments. You had majored in education and Yoongi was a composer, working with the local orchestral group. The income was not bad but you guys had planned on saving it for the wedding and honeymoon trip. 

“Honey.” His brown orbs gazed at you with softness. He marched towards you to sit down next to you on the couch. You were watching your comfort zone The Office as you grade your students' quizzes. It helped you feel comfortable whenever you felt stressed or lonely. Lately, you've been feeling tired and gloomy. You blamed your principal as she was being more strict with the teachers and parent-teacher conferences were coming up. It was a challenge since you had to grade all the quizzes and projects as soon as possible. Whenever parent-teacher conferences came up, you would be exhausted and gloomy. 

“How was the trip?” You asked as he snuggled on your chest. He pressed his head against you listening to your heartbeat. 

“I missed you.” He whispered as he shut his eyes. He felt at home in your arms, anytime he felt stressed or sad, he could run to your arms and listen to your heart. He loved that you could read him like a book. He was only vulnerable with you.

You fiddled with his black hair, it fell over his forehead covering his eyes. “I missed you too.” You watched as a thin smile formed on his lips and inhaled deeply. He fell into a deep slumber in your arms. This was home after all and you felt more comfortable now that he was back. 

 

“Do you need help?” Yoongi asked as he walked into your small office in the spare room. You two had made the decision to make the spare room an office to work on your school projects and assignments. He did not mind it because he knew how important it was for you to create projects for upcoming lessons and helped you keep an organization of student grading and assignments. 

“Yes.” You sighed as you stretched your arms. “This is so hard.” 

He took a seat next to you and grabbed the materials next to you. He began working on the poster, coloring inside the circles that looked like pizzas. “What is this for?” He asked as he grabbed the glue next to the construction paper. 

“My students are having a difficult time with fractions.” You stated as you grabbed a black marker from the pink box of markers. “I am making a couple of posters that they can use as a reference.” 

“Oh okay,” Yoongi replied as he glued on the small round circle. His phone suddenly rang, he grabbed it out of his pocket to look at the caller I.D. He turned his phone's volume on silent and tucked his phone away.
"Who's that?" You asked as you continued drawing on the poster paper. 
"One of my coworkers. They want to discuss some of the things that happened at the meeting during the trip." 

“How was the trip?” You are interested. He hadn’t talked about the trip since he arrived. It had been two weeks and a half since the trip and he did not bring anything up. 

“It was alright.” He answered blatantly. 

“You sure?” You chuckled as you brought your attention back to him. His bangs covered his eyes and he glued his eyes to the poster. 

“Yeah.” He cleared his throat. “All we did was work with the composer and went out for drinks. I didn't want to stay their for the whole weekend. I would miss you too much."

A smile formed on your lips. You felt so lucky to have such an amazing boyfriend. 
"I love you too." 
He smiled back at you.

You had known Yoongi since you were in high school. He had joined band and you had joined choir. He was in the same grade as you. You thought he was cute when you first met him, but hardly paid attention to him. He seemed distant and cold, never wanting to engage in full conversations with your friends. However, he would talk to you in class and occasionally wave at you.
One day everything changed. It was the Christmas concert when you began talking to him more outside of class. He has a solo on the piano and you remember watching his expression as he played a song. His movement was calm but beautiful, he closed his eyes feeling the music and that is when you first figured out his passion for music. He was incredibly talented. That was the first time you ever noticed him. He looked so cute in his black suit and dark brown hair. He was smiling happily as everyone congratulated him for his solo. As he continued to walk down the hallway to go back into the music class, you called out his name. 
"Yoongi." You called out nervously. 
His eyes widened when he heard your soft voice, he immediately turned around. He watched as you approached him in your cute choir uniform. 
"Congratulations." You smiled endearing. 
He smiled at you. "Thanks." He walked back into the room to avoid blushing infront of you. 
For Yoongi it was different. He noticed you on the first day of high school when you accidentally hit him as you walked past him in English. You looked back at him and quickly whispered "Sorry" and bolted out the door to find your next class. He remembered the semi tight jeans you wore with your white t-shirt. Your hair was down and he catched a whiff of your perfume. It was sweet; like flowers in the spring. His favorite season was spring.

He developed a crush on you and eventually he got the courage to go up to you and ask you out. This happened slowly. Yoongi was a resevered person and did not share much with people. Most people had no clue he liked you. He had was good at hiding his feelings. 
As you got to work together in projects and sat next to each other, you got to know him well and got along. After the concert, you found yourself meeting up with him for lunch or hanging out after school in the choir room.
You remember the first day he had the courage to ask you out without actually asking you the question. You were sitting under a tree at the park, eating some snacks. You both walked to the convenience store close to the school and wandered around the neighborhood. Eventually you two walked to the park and sat under an old oak tree. You laid your head on the grass, your sweater under you to prevent grass stains and listened carefully to the music he played on his phone. Your eyes were stuck on the big blue sky, looking at the funny shaped clouds. However, Yoongi's attention was on you as he continued munching on some snacks. 
"Y/n." He whispered his voice cracking a bit. 
"I like you."

You propped up on your shoulder and stared at the boy leaning against the tree. "I feel the same way." 
He smiled brightly giving you his gummy smile and chuckling. "May I kiss you?" 
You nodded your head and waited for him to make his move. He pushed your backpack away and laid you back down on the grass. He moved on top of you and pressed a soft tender kiss on your lip. His lips were warm and tasted like sweet strawberries. He smiled as he noticed you running your hands on his hair and pulling him closer. He bite the bottom of your lip and stuck his tongue inside your mouth. He explored your mouth, it was an unusual feeling for you but he was very comfortable doing it. He had experience already. Eventually the kiss became more heated and passionate. He explored your body and ran his thin long fingers down your arms, up your waist, and thighs. Eventually you let go gasping for air. He smiled brightly and you blushed as he moved away. He looked up at the sky blushing slightly. 

"It's official, you're my girl." 

A couple of weeks had passed since the trip. It didn't seem like a big deal. However you weren't aware of the storm that was coming your way. 
"Yoongi." You smiled as you pressed your hands together. "I have some great news."

Earlier that day you had found out that the venue you wanted for your wedding was open for the weekend of the weddding. It was perfect and you were so excited. 
"Yeah?" He said as he sat back on the recliner and kept his gaze on his book. 
"We got the venue for our wedding!" You exclaimed happily. The smile on your face disappeared as you noticed Yoongi has no reaction to your statement. He continued fiddling with his book. 
"Yoongi?" You called out as you went on your knees next to him. "Hey?"

His leg trembled a bit and he continued his gaze on his book. 
"Did you hear me?" You called out once again. "Hello?"

"Yes!" Yoongi exclaimed annoyed. "I heard you! Can you leave me now?"

Your eyes widened in suprise. You couldn't believe that Yoongi has raised his voice at you. It had been the first time. As a couple you did have your arguments but it was always about keeping the towels neatly folded or running errrands. However, today it felt different. This was your wedding that you to were talking about. It was the most omportant day in your eyes and you wanted everything to be perfect. It might not be 100% perfect but in yours eyes it was suppose to be the most beautiful day. It suprised you that he had raised his voice at you.

You stood up from the ground and immediately stormed into your room. You knew Yoongi needed his space and he needed time to clear his mind. That was the first night he didn't sleep next to you since you moved in together.

As the days went by he became more distant and colder. There were times when he would come home late from work, not giving you time to spend t

Please log in to read the full chapter