Rescue Me

Remember Us

Day6 decided to take a break for a week after the Gravity world tour and had to work on the new album after it. You were not able to accompany the members on a whole world tour due to the other project with JYP's girl band.

You were having a good time watching the drama series at your house with your boyfriend. Spending the weekend with marathon drama series and a lot of snacks is your favorite thing with him.

Your phone rang and the screen showed 'Jae'. You showed the screen to him.

"You have to pick it up, Babe. He won't call unless it's an emergency." He responded.

"Hello, Jae." You spoke to Jae.

"Is Brian with you?"

"Yes, he is with me at my house. Why?"

"Please listen, just go outside, I need to talk to you."

You walked outside your house, followed his order.

"I'm outside now. Did you do something reckless?"

"Well... I thought I'm healed but I was wrong. I threw away all the pills but It's happening again, Y/N... I'm at the hospital right now. I need to go back home but I think the paparazzi got me. If you don't mind helping me... You know what I mean."

You froze and got your mind flashback to the old memories when Jae had a panic attack years ago in front of you. He was really hard to breathe, pale, and told you to take the pills inside his bag. You found a couple of pills and he drinks them immediately. 10 minutes after that, he back to normal as nothing happened.

"Are you still there? Y/N... "

"Ye... Yes. I'll pick you up. Send me your location."

"Thank you. You don't have to rush."

"On my way, Jae. Just send me your location."

You hang up the phone. You feel panicked and go inside the house to grabbed your car key.
You saw Brian confused.

"Is everything ok, Babe?"

"I have to go, Brian. Just trust me, ok?"

"Let me drive you then."

"No Brian. I'm sorry, you need to trust me. Just wait for me here."

You grabbed your car key and left him.

"Just call me when everything has settled." He exclaimed.

"Hmmm. "

You ran into your car, setting the GPS as the location that Jae gave to you.

You arrived and ran into the receptionist to find information about Jae.

The nurse leads you to the doctor's office. You met the doctor. He explained that all the medical test results were fine and if the symptoms getting stronger in the future, the doctor referred him to the psychiatrist for more medication and therapy.
The doctor told you something that you knew before. You tried to look fine to understand the situation. You only think about Jae.

The nurse leads you to Jae. She opened the curtain and you saw Jae lying on the bed with an infused hand.

"Jae..." You starred him painfully.

"Hi..." He waved his hand. "Can I go home now?"

You nodded. "After the infuse..."

"Sure." Jae took off his infuse.

"Jae, at least let the nurse do that."

"I am so done with all of this, Y/N. I need to escape. The girl at 5 o'clock from you is the paparazzi."

"Let me taking care of that."

You bought a coffee and accidentally collided with the girl so the girl went to the toilette to clean up.

You smirked and run into Jae. He put on his black hat, hoodie, and face mask. He pulled your hand and tried to escape with you.

"Brilliant!"

"I know."

"Where's your car? Let me drive you."

"Are you out of your mind? you just got infused and lied on the hospital bed 5 minutes ago."

"Ok ok, easy easy."

You walked to the basement with Jae and keep seeing around to make sure not to be followed by the paparazzi.

"Are we going to the dorm or your apartment?"

"My apartment please."

"How long you've been followed by the paparazzi? why don't you tell the manager earlier?"

"Since our last tour. I saw her in the airport, and finally here."

"If you feel like dying again please call me anytime. I know you won't let anyone knows about this."

"I think it's a common thing among the idols. Wow, I am the real idol now."

"Please stop joking, Jae."

You the radio and play the Day6 song. You sing together with Jae until the First time song played, Jae started to explain something to you.

"You know, the First time song is dedicated for me that finally moved on from you. In one fine day, it's not painful anymore. I told my story to Brian and he made it into lyrics. What a genius."

"Such an honor that I'm a part of your inspiration, Jae."

"Do you know how long that I need time to move on from you?"

"I guess it's 3 days?"

"3 years."

You won't let things got awkward. Thankfully the chorus played and both of you sing it together.

For the first time
I go someplace else than you
I say goodbye to you you

For the first time
I go having a different dream
I say goodbye to you
These words will be the last

Once (back then) Even though we were deeply in love

In a moment (for us always)The promised tomorrow turned into a lie

The bigger the pain, the more you get that the time ran away

As this happens, I can't help but give up

Ooh, even if I try to look back at the days past
Too far, I can no longer have you (no more)
I know (you know) we know
I let you go now

"We arrived, master Jae."

You followed him to make sure he safely arrived in his apartment.

"Can I hug you?" Jae said to you in front of his door apartment.

"Here." You opened your arms wide and you felt a warm hug from him just like years ago.

"Thank you."

"No problem. I have to go home, Jae."

You tried to maintain your heartbeat and not blushed but Jae holding your hand and kiss your forehead.

"Thank you for protecting me."

"That's what friends do."

"Brian must be lucky to have you."

You chuckled.

"Jae, please take care."

"Y/N, please listen. Two months from now, I'll hiatus from Day6 activity."

"Wha... What? Jae, are you kidding me?"

He hugged you again, really tight. His tears fell into your shoulder. You can't handle your broken feelings. You cried along with Jae.
That was your darkest night about being part of the Day6 family.