I Like You

Remember Us

Brian's POV

"! I failed!." She went out from the main producer's office and tore off her paperwork into pieces then threw it into the trash.

"Hey Y/N. I guess your song got rejected or your favorite contestant has disqualified, huh?" I asked and come closer to her.

Y/N is the girl that I admired since 2 years ago. I loved seeing her playing with her drums. I loved the way she calls me Brian. I loved the way how she gets dressed. I loved the way she scolded me about little things.

"You know I never make a bad song, right? I'll take whatever it takes to make this song release!"

She her maroon hair, wrinkled her pink lips. Even when she's angry, she's beautiful.

"Wow easy, easy, girl. Why don't you have lunch with me? I have 2 hours  before getting back to the recording." 

"Sounds good. I want something spicy."

"Sure, whatever you want, I'll love it."

Y/N led me to her favorite ramyeon restaurant. She will order the spiciest ramyeon and a bottle of cola.

"Ahjumma, 1 spicy ramyeon, 1 shin ramyeon, and a bottle of cola please."

"Hey, you can read my minds now?"

"How can I not know that? That's your order every time we get here."

"Yeah. Thank you for remember that."

"My pleasure, Brian."

"It's YoungK not Brian."

"It's Brian, not YoungK."

"You need help with the paperwork? I'm glad if I can help you."

"I don't want to take another fight with you, Brian. We always arguing when it comes to the lyrics and melodies, right? You knew better than I am."

"Honestly that's interesting for me. I'm happy to have an argument with you."

"You were creepy when you criticize my paperwork."

"You were a witch when I criticized you."

"I called it an equality."

I can stop laughing when talked with her. She can't stop showing her great argument on me.

"Thank you Y/N, you made my day."

"Then treat my lunch today."

"Of course, I'm a rich idol right now. I'll buy you this restaurant if you wanted to. You know, Jae has been rumored that he's dating Jamie."

"Please, buy me this restaurant someday. Hmm... That's not even my business, Brian. I have paperwork to do, no time for criticized a rumored."

I thought Y/N and Jae had a past together. Seems Jae knows Y/N better than anyone else. I just wanted to make sure slowly that Y/N has nothing to do with Jae. 

"Good then. So you were mad because your song got rejected. Is it for Day6?"

"Not my song but it's your song. The 121U. The main producer told me that the music is really into western style. I have to change it into Kpop band style. What a waste."

"Ah, the ramyeon is coming, you better eat that to energize your anger 5 minutes ahead."

"Brian, you know what? why you always understand me personally but not in the studio?" She slurped her ramyeon without hesitation.

"Because that is YoungK in the studio and I'm Brian now."

"So you have multiple personalities, huh?"

"For you, I can say it's a yes." I laughed again and she smiled like an angel.

I have never been so happy since my ex-girlfriend cheated on me 3 years ago. When I met Y/N, I see something different. I see the bright sight of music, I see her as my inspiration for my lyrics. She was creepy when criticized Day6 songs but it makes Day6 more developed in creating songs.

"Don't change just because it's me, Brian."

"No, this is the real me. I have never been so happy with someone else before but you do make me happy now."

"Well, I assume that is a compliment. By the way, if you have enough energy to have argued with me tomorrow at 7 AM, will you helped me?"

"Sure, I don't have any schedule tomorrow. Tell me what you want me to do."

"Help me to fix the 121U melodies and also the lyrics in the studio."

"Sure. Just send me the file, I'll check it at night and I'll pick you up tomorrow at 7 AM."

"Yes! thank you for fixing my mood today, Brian."

"Sure, Y/N."

I am so happy that tomorrow will have time together without the other members. 

I have been thinking a lot about telling her my feelings. I've been keeping it for two years and I can't stand it anymore with a friend zone area. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's 06.50 AM and I have arrived in front of her apartment parking lot. I am too excited to meet her today.

 

I pressed the doorbell in front of her place. My heart is beating very fast. It feels like a first date that I never expected. She opened the door.

"Morning, Brian. You looked fresh today. Come on."

"Hi Y/N. Woah, I can smell a pancake from here."

"Do you want some?"

"Sure, please."

This is my first time have breakfast with her, in her house. I fall in love with her even more. When she served me her simple pancake with maple syrup and strawberry on top of it.

"I'm not expecting you are good at cooking, Y/N."

"Have you watched the Ratatouille movie? It was said that everybody can cook."

"Of course I am. How if we just gonna have fun today? like watching movies or going somewhere to get some fresh air like beach or mountains maybe?"

"Sounds good but you are an Idol now, I think we have to get somewhere with no crowded in it. Should we invite the other members too?"

"They have their own agenda today. I guess I can't invite them in a sudden."

"I think so. How about the beach? should we packed some lunch and eat there?"

"Maybe we can buy the food somewhere, so we can arrive at the beach before the sun got higher. I don't want to get tanned."

"Ah right, Idol shouldn't go tanned."

We laughed together again. I see her precious bright smile that can make my heart burst into happiness. This is the best day ever in my life.

It takes around 1 hour to go to the beach. Y/N and I were singing together all the way long to the beach. We sang almost all the girl group songs such as SNSD, Red Vevet, Gfriend, and Black Pink. 

The beach is already seen along the way. Y/N opened the window to breathe the fresh air. Seeing her maroon hair blown by the air, her big smile and her glare was a paradise for me. 

"Brian, you never stop making me happy. I can't stop thanking you."

"Just thank me later, we have not arrived yet."

We parked the car near the beach and she cannot wait to run into the beach. She put off her shoes and runs very fast to reach the water.

"Y/N, we're not going to swim right? Hey! wait." She runs and stepped on the water, spread her hands widely.

"Ah, this is so refreshing."

"Hey, you just left me behind? remember who drives you here. Do you want me to leave you here alone?"

"Why are you so sensitive Brian. I just feel so happy. Don't leave me."

Of course, I won't leave you, I want you always be by my side. Every time, every day.

Should I tell her now....

"Y/N."

"Yes, Brian."

I walked close to her.

"I think I like you."

"What did you said?"

"I like you."

"Oh please, Brian. This is not the right time for making a joke."

"I'm not joking right now. I am telling you what I feel for the past 2 years."

She turned to look at me and I tried to face her. I finally tell her my feelings. She did not say anything but only starred at my eyes. 

"What do you want me to do then."

"If you don't like me just say no and I will pretend that it's never happened."

"Why do you like me?"

"Well, there are no specific reasons. All the things you did just mesmerized me."

"Tell me the details."

"I am telling you my feelings right now and you are about to investigate me?" I chuckled and confused at the same time. Her question just made me frustrated.

"I don't date a man who doesn't know me any better. You know what I mean."

"Ok, ok, I will explain. When the first time I saw you playing the drums at the studio, the way you argue with me with your logical words, the way you wrote those lyrics. I don't know, I just like you, Y/N!"

"Well, if I like you too, what do you want me to do?"

"Be mine."

"Ok."

"Is that a yes?"

"Did I say no?"

"Y/N."

I cupped my hand on her cheeks and kiss her lips slowly... 

I can't handle myself...

"So do you like me too?"

"I love seeing your fluffy fingers playing the bass."

She holds my hand. 

"That's it?"

"Just thank me for excepting you as my boyfriend, Ok?"

We walked away together through side the beach. 

"Ok. Thank you, Babe."

"That sounds creepy."

"Which part?"

"The last word."

"I'll call you babe from now on."

"Whatever, as long as it is not in front of the members."

"We will keep it in a secret till the time is right. Deal?"

"Deal."

"Babe, I like you." I stopped and hug her.

"I know."